6.6
7th Aug 2014

I was there 4 days and the cleaners cleaned on the last day only. I had to ask for toilet paper everyday! Female staff at reception were very unhelpful and almost rude. They don't even have a map. Facilities were amazing, but very poorly run hostel. Cafe doesn't do breakfast on weekends, or breakfast after 11am. On the positive side great wifi in the rooms, 2 bathrooms per dorm.

House Hostel Zadar, Zadar, Croatia
4th Aug 2014

Great atmosphere and staff. Good wifi. Well cleaned. Laundry for 40 kuna. A bit different as one room is used like a lounge by staff and people go through it to the balcony to smoke. No AC working. 2 plugs for 5/6 people. My mattress was a bit old. Overall I would recommend if you want to meet people.

Thank you for your thoughts. For AC there is remote to switch it on/off. Sorry for staff smoking on the balcony. We will stop it imidately as we have No smoking policy in the hostel. Thank you. Goga.

Palmers Lodge Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
1st Aug 2014

Great hostel. Good wifi, kitchen, 2 plugs per bed - the best ratio I have ever come across in a dorm! Very useful staff with lots of good info. Nice big lockers under bed, AC. Only thing it lacked was a bit of atmosphere in the kitchen/ reception area, but I think it's an awesome hostel!

Thank you for this amazing review, we aim to please :) We understand what you mean about the atmosphere, but sometimes people tend to keep to themselves, or rather spend all their time outside the hostel, and even though we try our best to get people socializing, it's up to them, but remember, even though we are sometimes busy with other guests, we like to hang out too, so give us a shout, we shall not fail :) We hope to host you again and until then, all the best! PL team

• England, Couple, 25-30
Aonang Ayodhaya beach Resort, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand
7.7
21st Jan 2014

Wifi didn't work in the room. You won't be staying in the awesome looking building with the pointy roofs. You will be next door in a yellow building although you can still use the pool. Was given twin beds instead of double, had to argue to change. Breakfast ends to early. It said you get a free upgrade. There was no upgrade. Quite an average hotel. I have stayed in better hostels.

Chambers of the Boheme, Istanbul, Turkey
3rd Jul 2013

Great location right near Taksim square and near all the nightlife. I highly recommend this place :)

28th May 2013

You get what you pay for. I was pleasantly suprised as I wasn't expecting much. I arrived at midnight and thought i would have a problem checking in, but they had left me a note and some sheets :) So that was awesome. The rooms was quite big and the location is amazing. I will stay there again :) No wifi, but everywhere else has wifi including the subway stops!

Frangipani Villa Hotel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4.3
16th Apr 2013

Much more expensive walk in rate than online. No lift, we were on the third floor. Power turned off in the room. Located far from the action. AC not powerful enough to cool room properly. Very poor value for money - we paid 60 dollars a night. Would not recommend to anyone.

Delirio Hostel, Vina del Mar, Chile
29th Jan 2013

Great atmosphere, great hostel very good for meeting people. Only downside is they can take a while to answer the gate.

La Chimba Hostel, Santiago, Chile
2.0
24th Jan 2013

My room was not cleaned in 4 days, just the beds were made after people checked out. I found a rat in my room in the middle of the night. Staff not very knowledgeable about Santiago or buses. Breakfast was poor and they stopped restocking at 9.30am even though apparently its till 10.30am. No atmosphere in hostel. 1 computer for guests to use internet. Of my 3 months in South America this is the worst value for money hostel i have stayed in. Staff didnt have water in stock or change for me to pay

Hostel Empedrado, Mendoza, Argentina
17th Jan 2013

Free laundry machine, just have to bring your own detergent was brilliant. Great breakfast! The only downside is that it is about 6 blocks further from the center than all the other hostels. Nice atmosphere in the hostel with plenty of activities to do every day and night.

Milhouse Hostel Avenue, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2nd Jan 2013

Good Party hostel and the rooms are quite if they are higher up`away from the bar. Pool table costs 2 AR pesos I had a great time there and if you are travelling solo you will meet lots of people.

Backpackers BCN, Barcelona, Spain
26th Sep 2012

Out of the 100's of hostels I have stayed in, it is good overall - Things you find out - Laundry costs 11 euros, check out at 10am although you can leave luggage in lockers all day. Lights in toilets and showers are on timers. All rooms have a dim light on all the time at night over the door. Breakfast is included from 7.30 - 10am (toast, box of juice and a magdelena) Good common room area and wifi is ok, and sometimes reaches to the rooms. Medium size - only 5 rooms so not too many people.

• England,
Hotel Gamla Stan, Stockholm, Sweden
7.0
26th May 2011

Not a great place to meet people. Breakfast finishes too early. Not a party hostel at all, everyone goes to bed early and gets up early. No lockers in rooms. Lots of stairs, I was on the 4th floor.

• England,
Union Square Backpacker's Hostel, San Francisco, USA
4.7
13th Sep 2010

The staff all smoke pot. It isn't very clean. I was in a 4 person room, had to switch beds so they could fit 5 people in my room as they overbooked. They also overbooked another room with 5! No apology was given, I think they pull this crap a lot. A lot of people booked to stay and then ended up leaving earlier as they didn't like it. I wouldn't go back. I have travelled all over the world in hostels and this was one of the poorest ones I have stayed in. The only thing it had going for it was the location i