Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 37

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

All good, except for one thing: due to wintertime in Rio ( wtf?!), it was quite cold- asked for an extra blanket and had to pay extra for that- ?!. Also raising prices ( a lot) just due to the pope visit is quite a ripp off- what do I have to do with the pope coming into town? I know all the other hostels are doing the same, but still it's a tipp off.. Else the staff, especially cleaning ladys and Vanessa are super sweet, breakfast is ok, location perfect, close to the beach in a very safe area

• 21st Jul 2013

Rio Deal B&B

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent breakfast! Staff is superfriendly and asks x times if everything s alright! They go out of their way to help: e.g. i arrived after 36 hrs of travelling in the morning in he hostel and although check in is I think at 1 pm, they saw that I was super exhausted so they gave me a bed in another room and let me sleep there until check into my room! The only little thing I disliked was the 4 bed room was tiny. But else, the athosphere is great, it is very easy meeting other ppl. Super clean!

• 17th Jul 2013

This hostel is right next to the casa Gringa hostel, which is I think more expensive and popular; I think it is a great alternative! Beautiful terrace with a terrific view!!

• 2nd Jul 2013

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Cleaning staff came everyday and cleaned and made all beds; employees were nice/ one girl offered to go and get me an item I was looking everywhere because she lives close to a shop who have it- super nice!! Location is super central- subte only 3 mins away, super, free breakfast incl fruits,juice etc- do far the best breakfast in a hostel I have experienced. Free wifi in the rooms (at least in the 1. floor were I was).They also help booking tix/ tours. I can certainly recommend it!

• 29th Mar 2013

Darwin, Australia

• 17th Jan 2013

Wickham Retreat Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Loved the atmosphere, felt instantl like home! Looks a bit chaotic, but that creates partly the atmosphere, very symphatethic, frienldy and helpful staff. Free wifi, free breakfast and other food, and if I remember properly also free laundry.

• 16th Jan 2013