Home Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

The location is the best of two world. Only two subway stops from both Itaewon and Seoul station, very close to both the war museum and the national museum. And yet, the hostel is located in a quit neighbourhood, located behind a lovely garden. Jessica and her mom, who run the place, are very friendly, and very helpful. You will love them. Breakfast is basic but sufficient. The hostel is clean, the beds are brand new with excellent mattresses, showers are hot.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Zugdidi Hostel

Zugdidi, Georgia

In the description, it looked like the hostel was really close to the train station, but that is not the case, it is quite a walk. Or a 3 gel taxi drive :). But the hostel is still near the city center, with a nice garden and a great terras. The staff is super helpfull and friendly. The facilities are very good for a hostel in a smaller town in Georgia. Definitely the place to stay while in Zugdidi.

Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel

Puerto Natales, Chile

The best hostel on my trip trough South America. I had very little time to prepare for the W in Torres Del Paine (I arrived at 21.30 and needed the bus at 7.30 the next morning), but after only 20 minutes, Omar had organized my bus tickets, rent me the stuff I needed for the walk, and explained me all the ins and outs of the W. I would not have been able to finish the W without Omars help. Plus, the beds are very comfy, the breakfast is excellent, bathroom very clean, laundry on the same day.

Los Cormoranes

Ushuaia, Argentina

This hostel is rough around the edges, but so is Ushuaia. The location is just walkable from the citycentre. The dorms are small, clutterd, smelly but warm. The bathrooms are very basic. And the guests in the hostel are definitely tougher than the ones you meet in BA hostels. The reception closes at 24h. but I did get a key. The staff is very helpfull and the breakfast is decent. Do I recommend it? No. Will you find a better hostel in USH? I doubt it, this is the end of the world as we know it.

Hostal La Playa Yoga

Tenerife, Spain

• 14th Feb 2012
  • Belgium

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

One of the best hostels i have ever stayed in. The location is amazing. The staf is extremely friendly, and the hostel is very clean and modern. As this is a small hostel, in an apartment in the old city center, you will have to cater your own breakfast. (in the excellent equipped kitchen) and I guess it can get a little crowdy during top season, when the hostel is fully booked, But then again, split is such a wonderful city, you probably won't stay to much time in the hostel itself.