Reviews: DuneBasher

Location: United Arab Emirates, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

I was only here for one night, but the staff were very helpful. They let me leave my bag there while I went away to Sapa for 2 days, and since I was taking an early morning bus, they even gave me a packed sandwich because I was missing breakfast. A very small surprising gesture but says a lot. I was staying in the 6-bed dorm which was fine for the few hours that I slept there. When I got back early morning, they let me hang out at the lobby till it was time for me to go to the airport.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Catba Central Hostel

Cat Ba Island, Vietnam

Right in the middle of the main strip in Catba. * Kong, the main man in reception, is very helpful and sadly, the only person who speaks English. So if he is not there, you might struggle. But the good thing is King Kong seems to be working 24hours! * Tours are offered, but you might find cheaper ones in the stalls/shops outside. * The 24bed dorm was surprisingly very comfortable. Plug points on every bed and good WiFi. * Need more showers, as there is only a few for the entire floor.

• 30th Nov 2015

Hanoi Brother Inn

Hanoi, Vietnam

* Very helpful staff and every one of them speak good English, which is a huge relief. * No common area, but lobby is good enough to meet other guests. * A huge variety of made-to-order breakfast options to choose from, and they will ask if we want a second helping! * Only discomfort was the toilet in the ground floor dining area, which was a smelly throughout my stay. * Dorms had a good shower and toilets, and lockers are medium sized that can fit a day pack, not a backpack. * Good WiFi

• 28th Nov 2015

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very easy location via public transport. Great common room with free Wifi, computers, TV. Very easy to meet fellow travellers in the common room, or the balcony upstairs. Showers and toilets were well equipped and clean throughout my stay. No window in the dorm, so it was dark all the time. Guys at the reception were very helpful. Breakfast is simple but worth it.

Langkawi Dormitorio

Langkawi, Malaysia

I spent my last two nights in Malaysia, at this hostel. Couldn't have ended on a higher note. Great clean rooms and showers. Nice and cosy as it's not too big. The beds in the dorm provide the ultimate privacy without sacrificing on the social aspect of a dorm. Lin and Richard arranged a night out for everyone staying there, and had a great time meeting them and other backpackers. My only tiny little peeve is the lack of lockers (hence the 97%). I'll be back... some day.

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Colombo Beach Hostel

Colombo, Sri Lanka

It's a great place to stay as it's not IN the city and not too far away. It has great access to public transport routes (bus or train) into the city. Great vibe as I met a lot of fellow travellers and we continued as a group from here. The Roof. It's THE place to be when you go back to the hostel after a day out. great setting and free coffee or tea and WiFi. WiFi worked great throughout my stay, but understandably it was switched off during lightning.

• 8th May 2015

Phoenix Hostel

I thought the light inside the dorm (room 6) is a bit dull for reading at night. Something a little bit more brighter would have been great. Other than that, really enjoyed my stay and thanks to the great staff, I had a great time in London.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Great vibe in the hostel for meeting other travellers. Good breakfast and very helpful staff. Right along the Thames.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Phoenix Hostel

Make sure you are not paying more than £10 per night for the dorm. There was a couple in my 6-bed dorm that booked 3months in advance and they ended up paying 7 times the price, for the same room. Yes, 700% extra for booking in advance! The staff working there were really helpful. The shower and toilets are really small, except for the one on the top floor which is quite big. Breakfast is 1.50 which is ok for tesco branded instant coffee and cereal. If you are a pub person, this is for you.

Smart City Hostel by Safestay

Edinburgh, Scotland

It's a big commercial hostel with a great bar to meet other residents. Good food which was not too expensive. Separate ensuite shower and toilet was a big plus and lots of plug points near every bed. Each bed has it's own reading light which was awesome. Would definitely recommend this place.

Smart Russell Square Hostel

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The hostel might not be as big as the others and you may find other cheaper ones, but this definitely has the character of a youth hostel that you won't enjoy in any of the other hostels in the city. I have been across Europe and the UK, and believe me, no other hostel has matched Vagabonds!! A great friendly bunch of people running the hostel, very clean and secure and at a very good location!

Everton Hostel