Okupe Hostel - Jardins

Sao Paulo, Brazil

One of the best hostel I've been in SP so far. It took hosteling in SP to a very developed stage. Best location, right inbetween Paulista Avenue and Vila Madalena. Public transportation is easy to reach from the hostel.

Sao Paulo Global Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Located in a very accessible area, a few blocks from the subway what makes it super easy to reach any place in this huge city. The area is also very safe. Nice chilling area in the lobby. Didn't have the opportunity to use the kitchen or have breakfast, but they all appeared to be good.

Hostel & Pousada Casa Coco Verde

Jericoacoara, Brazil

Angela, the hostel owner, has travelled throughout the world for 1,5 years and stopped her journey in Jeri. She might have passed for several hostels before opening her own and she knows how to make it pleasant for backpackers. Complete breakfast with pancakes and tapiocas, hammocks underneath a gigantic mango tree in the communal area, bathrooms cleaned up from the beach sand every day. Located in a quiet street in crowded Jeri by the night, I totally recommend it.

El Misti Hostel Copacabana

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

When in Rio, this is a great place to stay if you are looking for a good value for money hostel. It is cheap, bedrooms are ok and bathrooms are clean. There is a bar on the lobby so everyone can interact. One of the greatest atmosphere I`ve seen in a hostel. It is located in a very quiet closed street, but 10min-walk away from Copacabana beach. I recommend it.

Zbra Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great hostel. Beautifully designed with vintage furnitures. Never been to a hostel like this. Located in the most comfortable and wealthiest areas in Rio, Leblon, but if this is your first time in Rio, do not stay here. Although just two blocks from the coast, it is a bit far from the most important touristic spots a foreigner has to see. You rather stay at the beginning of Ipanema, close to Copacabana, so you won't spend much time on bus or cab when going to those places.

HI Albergue de Olinda

Olinda, Brazil

One of the best hostel I have always been to. Have you ever seen a hostel with a pool? Here you find it. And also lots of hammocks so you can take that deserved nap after going after the blocos, local huge parties. All the staff were really kind and helpful. Of course, they could speak more of English...

Hostel New Ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I just missed the offer of a breakfast. Franklin, the host, is a nice guy and is ready to help you in any situation. Really.

Plaza de Armas Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Great facilities. Bathroom was clean, but there were only two toilets for the whole hostel. If you want to stay close to everything in Santiago, choose this hostel.

Mamatierra Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Well, we were in the middle of the desert, so I think we could not expect much beyond dust and lack of water. Still, if you don't have much to spend, go for it. Don't expect comfort, but expect nicely conducted tours for all Atacamas sightseeings. Right when you check in, reception lady shows you the tours offered. Feel free to book as many as you can, and as many as you can pay. It is really worth it. Tour guides are really interested in what they do and telll tons of local stories.

Hostal Iquisa

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Well, you are in the middle of the desert, so you cannot expect to find much water, right? We had to rationalize shower water...no breakfast, but as you'll leave for tours during dawn, there is not really an issue. What they should improve is cleanliness. Dust is in the air in San Pedro, so they should clean more frequently the place...

Legends

Rome, Italy

I miss some common area. There's no sofa to chill out, a TV to watch some movies or, simply, a place to possibly talk to other travellers. When I get to a new city, I also like to find locals working on the reception, and that's not what happened here. Pros? Lockers in the room and very close to Termini Station, the main train station.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

It is indeed a very good hostel. In a trendy neighbour, near one of the most important train stations and commercial buildings. And they have one of the best breakfast I've ever had in hostels. :) Negative points? Not that I can remember. Well, the staff was not that friendly, but they helped me whenever I needed.

Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Don't stay here, unless you are REALLY runing out of money. Seriously. Security: No lockers. If you have to leave your luggage, you'll have to let them on the lobby, near the reception, so everyone can take you backpack. Location: It's far from the city center, but close to the Van Gogh Museum and the other i cannot pronouce. Staff: I don't know what happens there, but I had the impression that the greek guy who was working as a receptionist had been there for some days and had gone just before I d

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

It is a very good hostel. Beautifu and well-designed. They have a great breakfast, but there are no kitchen facilities. I mean, one microwave oven is not enough, right?! I had booked some nights on a 6-bed room and some others on a 4-bed one, but they upgraded me to a 4-bed during my whole stay.

Astor Queensway

WHAT? We have to pay for the internet? Don't you think that travelers want to contact family (and the world) all the time and we don't want to pay fot that? I don't recommend it just because of the internet, because, considering the rest everything is OK. Well, your padlock has to be big to lock the cage under the bed, but the staff is good, the location more than perfect and the rooms are also good. If you really want to stay here, be aware that: -You'll have to pay for the internet access; If I remember,