Reviews: Manon

Location: France, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Phoenix Hostel

Felt okay, because nice staff and beds comfy enough; Location isn't really in the center, but it's safe; not too far from Camden, or even Oxford street. I really didn't like the bathrooms though, very small and not so clean.

• 6th Jul 2014

Hollywood Youth Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

Not so good, facilities are no great but the location is amazing. Plus the breakfast was never ready at 9, we always had to ask and I missed it on my last day. If you're just looking for a cheap place to stay, this is the one. If you intend to stay longer and socialize, go somewhere else.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

I've been travelling for 1 year, and I stopped rating the hostels I've been too but...Wow, this guys have done such a great job I wanted to thank them! You can clearly see this hostel is managed by real travellers, they know what being in hostel is about. First you save so much money with a breakfast and real big dinner, and they also offered so many free activities! The beds are amazingly comfy with real mattress, blanket, your little light. Feels like home (not a big party hostel though!)

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the kind words. We loved having you stay here, and also glad to hear enjoyed all the activities and food we offer so much. Make sure to come back and join the family again as soon as you can. Safe travels!!

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

If you really want to go to an hostel in Vegas, I guess this is the best. But it is quite far from the center, so you need to take a bus and the location is not so safe, so I would advice to go to a hotel rather. Facilities are ok, bathroom as well, and they organize activities every night.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Nice and clean hostel, good value for money. The breakfast is a real plus. I was in a four-beds dorm, comfy and safe, I slept very well. The facilities are way better than the ones in Bamboo (I've stayed there as well :) )

• 4th Jun 2014

Criterion Art Deco Backpackers

Napier, New Zealand

Very nice hostel, good vibes; I even came back a few months later; Good common area, free breakfast, facilities. Recommended!

• 14th Mar 2014

YHA Rotorua

Rotorua, New Zealand

Well, I was upgrated to a double bed room, so loved it haha! Big common area, well-furnished kitchen, clean hostel. Recommended.

• 12th Mar 2014

Bamboo Beach

Nadi, Fiji

Even if the facilities are not the best, I would definitely come back because it is the best play to socialize and eat for backpackers in Nadi. The restaurant is so good and cheap! Just go for the 8 beds room, it's a bit more expensive but you'll have hot water and more comfy rooms!

• 21st Feb 2014

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

I stayed there for 3 months so now I kinda know those guys very well! Of course I had an amazing time here, especially thanks to the superb common area (kitchen, jacuzzi) on the outside rooftop (7th floor). You have to know it is a huge hostel, so things happening all the time, and not so quiet. Also, a bit expensive and the facilities are not great (just two plugs in the 10-beds dorm, blankets very occasionnaly changed), but large common area and very clean bathroom. Location is awesome!

• 18th Feb 2014

YHA National Park Backpackers & Climbing Wall

Tongariro National Park, New Zealand

Most of the people stay there for two nights before and after Tongariro crossing, so this is perfect place for that. Not much more to stay, it is clean and comfy, shuttles to the crossing organized. Nice kitchen area.

• 16th Feb 2014

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers

Picton, New Zealand

Loved the chocolate pudding! I was here just for one night but I had a good time. Nice showers, facilities are okay, large kitchen. Only thing is the location, but go for a walk!

• 10th Feb 2014

The Bug Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

Just stayed there for a night, but liked it. Staff is really nice and can come to pick you at the bus station. Very chilled place, comfy and quiet, but a bit to far from the center.

• 6th Feb 2014

Canterbury House Christchurch

Christchurch, New Zealand

We didn't feel like it was a hostel, but more a family house. Quiet and comfy, but not really a place to socialize. It felt really good for one night though, cause we had an amazing rest!

• 29th Jan 2014

Asylum Cairns

Cairns, Australia

At the beginning we were not sure to stay but we actually had a very nice time here, real party hostel with crazy nice people. Common areas to socialize, nice swimming pool so we'd likely recommend it, even if the facilities are not the best (few bathrooms, you often need to wait, and not so clean...)

• 24th Jan 2014

Bungalow Bay Koala Village YHA

Magnetic Island, Australia

Beautiful place lost in the island, stay there longer than the average! We loved it, went for a few hikes. It is really nice and cosy, but there are also activities organized every night (we won the Trivia night, so jug of beer!) The bungalows are clean enough, and swimming pool area is nice. One thing though ; it's a pity that customers of the hostel have to pay to visit the koalas sanctuary since we stayed there for that purpose... We thought it was free, and couldn't afford it in the end...

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Definitely THE party hostel. We were there for Christmas, so wow, a bit crazy! Don't go there if you are tired. Facilities are nice, free computers and Internet, nice common area. Recommended to party-travellers!

• 22nd Dec 2013

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Once again... AMAZING BREAKFAST! Really good deal, good value for money. We met a bunch of cool people by the swimming pool and went out with them. You can rent bikes and go easily in the center.

• 18th Dec 2013

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We really enjoyed our stay here, especially because the staff was so nice. We left late, and they even let us take a shower at their place! Our room was located at the 4th floor, tiring but funny in the end (don't forget your key!) No really common area but good vibes. Nice location on the center, and safe.

• 11th Dec 2013

Kool Backpacker Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

Vast and clean hostel on patong main avenue. However, the wifi didnt work and hostel is really noisy.

• 9th Dec 2013

Koh Tao Central Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

We loved our stay there, the place is nice and right in the center. The staff is really friendly and they help you with all the excursions, scooters rentals,..the wifi works perfectly, which is lovely! We even extended to one more night. Recommended!

• 4th Dec 2013

Born Free Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

The location is perfect and really secure. The bedrooms are well furnished and clean. However, we didnt like the bathrooms, cold shower and not functional.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Very comfy and clean, though the location is not the best. I was here just a few days but I loved the roon, very convenient and all the facilities you need!

• 25th Nov 2013

Punto Urbano

Mendoza, Argentina

Best hostel I have ever stayed so far! I was in the 8 bedrooms dorms and felt good and safe. Everything is super clean, and the breakfast amazing (omelette, pancake,...) There are many great activities to do, and some of them are even free (wine tasting, mate class,...) Atmosphere is excellent, and the staff is so helpful and friendly that I extended my stay for a whole week! Highly recommended!

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

Many thanks for your comment. We are happy that you liked your stay and our services.

mate!

Cordoba, Argentina

I had the most wonderful stay there, the facilities are great, we cooked on the well furnished kitchen, played pool, guitar, and watched movies with projector. Cosy and super clean place. The staff is so friendly especially John and his fabulous cooking! I had a great time and felt home there. The only flaw was the 8 bedrooms dorm, a bit too small and no enough lockers. But forget it, this place is so cool! One of the best place Ive stayed in in my whole travel.

• 8th Nov 2013

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I stayed in Timbo for 3 nights in a 9 beds dorm, and I really liked it. There were 2 bathrooms in the dorm, cleaned every day, as well as the dorm. We all have large lockers. The hostel also furnished filtrated water, which is a nice detail. The breakfast is really nice, with a piece of cake, bread, dulce de leche and butter, a choice of hot beverages, and fresh orange juice. You can also cook yourself in the large kitchen. However, the swimming pool is really tiny and not really clean.

• 26th Oct 2013

San Ignacio Adventure Hostel

San Ignacio, Argentina

I stayed there for 2 nights in a 4 beds dorm, with our own bathroom and one large locker each. The room is cleaned every day, and the beds made! However, there was only one plug in the whole room... in the bathroom! There is a good breakfast with bread, pastry and cakes. The swimming pool is large and really nice, and the whole garden is well-looked after. The place is really quiet, not the kind of party hostel, but it is also an hotel, that's why I guess.

• 24th Oct 2013

El Sol Hostel de Recoleta

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I stayed there for a week and it really felt like family! The staff is really nice and helpful, and it is located in a safe neigbourhood, halfway beetween the center and Palermo where you can party by night! I was in the 6 beds dorm and we had private lockers. The breakfast is fine (croissants, bread and some sweet stuff), and you can also cook you own meals in the kitchen. The bathrooms were large and fine, and the water hot (almost) all the time! Would definitely recommand.

• 16th Oct 2013

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Really good location (5 minutes walking from Lambeth North station). Good value for money, and there is a breakfast (bread, marmelade, peanut butter, butter, cereals, milk, tea and coffee). Bathrooms are cleaned regularly. HOWEVER, we were 9 in a very little room, with 3 bunk beds of 3, for only a few meters square, so it was really difficult to sleep well and to find space for our luggages. There is only two showers and two toilets. I've never waited to go there, which is quite surprising!

• 28th Jun 2011

Great Aussie Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

It really worth the price. The breakfast is quite bad (bread, marmelade, peanut butter, coffee and tea), and there is no lockers (well, there is, but you can't close them). However, I enjoyed it, to be in the courtyard and making some friends, it was a nice stay thanks to the people I met ; and also because I was in a great room of 8 nice girls! The barbecue on Friday is really enjoyable.

• 6th Jan 2011