This hostel is great. Beautiful courtyard, excellent location, friendly, English-speaking staff. Good place to meet other travels travelling to/from Kyrgyzstan. The only thing that could be better is if there were individual lockers IN each dorm room. At the moment there are smaller lockers in the office.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Location is pretty good. Buses to museum, bus and train station and bazaar nearby. Very friendly woman with great English at front desk. Male staff member not as knowledgeable and organized. Good common area with decent wifi. Rooms and bathrooms in pretty poor condition and no air conditioning. Would still recommend though.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Good, central location. Air conditioning in room was on all day, which was great! Bathrooms could be cleaner. Really should put lockers in rooms, although safety seemed fine. Paid 100rmb pp for shared taxi all day trip to visit Tuyoc, Bezeklik, Flaming Mountains, Jiaohe and Gaochang. Man selling shred ride was,not very,friendly,guy, but driver,on,day was fine.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

The hostel dorm rooms and,the common aea are very nice. One staff member spoke very good English,and was able to provide good information. The bathrooms were very dirty and not cleaned all day. Also, I had booked a womens dorm, but after a few hours a man was sleeping there. When i asked about it, i was asked to switch rooms, not the man.

• 17th Aug 2014

Lanzhou Huar Youth Hostel

Lanzhou, China

Hostel in decent, cool, creative location. Dorm room and bed were fine. Common area was good, except that there is smoking allowed. Some people even smoke in other dorm rooms (not mine). Staff was very friendly, but spoke little English. Would recommend.

• 15th Aug 2014

Mr. Panda Hostel

Chengdu, China

We had a twin room with bathroom. Beds were comfy. Hostel has convenient location and excellent, super helpful staff. Free dumpling making/eating on Wednesday was great. Recommend this hostel without hesitation.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

I sayed here for 1 of 3 nights I booked. The AC was not working right and Chongqing is hot. The staff was not too accomodating about letting me change rooms. Eventually they did, but only after telling me that the problem was mostly in my head... The bed was good, the dorm rooms small and had mold and my locker had no key. Common area is nice and food decent. Location is central, but a hike up/down to/from city. If you are alone, its probably your cheapest choice, for 2 find a chain motel.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thanks for choosing Yangtze Rive Hostel. First, we are so sorry about the air-con in the room. Now, it is OK, because we have fixed that night. Secondly, so sorry about the staff. They are all new here, and most of them are part time. They do not know how to deal with things like this. They should be well trained and improved so that they could do their best to service the guest here. Wish you could come here next time, and see our change. Best Regards Henry

Sleep In Hostel

Yangon, Myanmar

Very good and central location. Great little breakfast that was different every day. Good air conditioning and comfortable beds. Staff is friendly, but really could improve their knowledge of local things to see/do and ways of transportation. Besides the three bus routes they sell tickets for, they were not able to provide much information about anything.

• 5th Jul 2014

Sanya Backpackers

Sanya, China

Very nice hostel in a great location - just a few minutes walk to Dadonghai beach! Very familiar atmosphere - they knew my name from the moment I arrived. Clean, good A/C, fresh towels every day. Couldn't have asked for more. Thanks!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

This is the fourth time I have stayed at a Green Forest Hostel in China, and I like them all. This one had a sweet location, convenient bus and metro connections, supermarket nearby. Comfy bed, nice common/bar area with great view,and v helpful staff. Only possible issue may be good live music on weekend nights till midnight, which can be heard in some of the rooms. I liked the music, so no problem for me.

• 30th Apr 2014

MNL Boutique Hostel

Manila, Philippines

Comfy, quiet dorm rooms in central Makati location. Very clean place, EXCELLENT basic, FREE breakfast and generally , helpful and friendly staff. 1 free computer for those travelling without own wifi enabled electronics. Good falafel and hummus place down the street.

• 11th Feb 2014

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

GREAT place to stay, especially if you are a solo traveler looking to meet other people. Cool, bamboo, low-key vibe. Very friendly staff and owner. Good happy hour deals, adobo chicken dinner night and live music a couple of times a week. Dorm beds were comfortable. Chairs provided on beach. No complaints at all here! :)

• 8th Feb 2014

Guangzhou, China

I love this place and keep coming back. Great location, great staff. Super secure luggage storage. Helpful little papers with key translation for ordering food or getting massages. Keep up the good work! Also, excellent dumpling and soup/rice place around the corner - Shaxian. Cheap, fast and tasty.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you Johanna for every moment and support you gave us. Hope you'll recover from the cold soon and I've prepared some ginger tea whenever you come back next time.

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

My 3rd time at this hostel. Budget twin ensuite room had good beds and free heat (not a given in these parts of China). Excellent location close to train station and main bus station.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thank you for the awesome feedback . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime .

No Kidd Inn

Yangshuo, China

I really liked the location of this hostel. Close to the river and West Street, but still in a more quiet corner. The double room we had was very nice and had free heating (not always the case in these parts of China). The staff was very friendly, but in part did not speak English very well and on the other hand was almost a little too eager to help, always telling us to sit down on the comfortable couch as soon as we walked in, etc. :) Overall, would definitely recommend. Value for money.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

hi,thanks for giving us a nice comment.we will work hard and make it better!have a good life!

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

This was the 2nd time I stayed here. Had a budget twin room that was excellent value for money. Also, the staff here was amazing when I lost my wallet (and passport) on a tour bus. They helped me communicate with the tour company and bus driver and gave me directions on how to hopefully retrieve my wallet in the middle of the night. A super helpful girl from the staff actually volunteered to go with me on a crazy expedition to find the bus and my belongings! Thanks so much! Saved my vacation!

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi,girl thank you for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . looking forword to having you back again . Happy travel .、

FengHuang Old Town International Youth Hostel

Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

This time I stayed in a deluxe double room. It was winter and the room had reverse cycle heat, an electric blanket and was really dry, which is great as it can be quite humid and wet in this awesome, ancient river town. The manager was great and super helpful. I also would highly recommend the Dehang/Qinzhao (?) daytrip the hostel can book for you. Awesome value for money.

• 17th Jan 2014

Guangzhou, China

I love this hostel and keep coming back here! Every time I do, they have improved it even more. This time I had a really good double room. Excellent common areas. Super location - very close to subway. The best part though is the staff - they speak great English and will help you with anything!

• 12th Jan 2014

Guangzhou, China

The staff at this hostel is great! They speak English and are super helpful. The hostel is also very easy to find and centrally located. The only suggestion I have is that they should figure out a way to keep the electricity running inside the secure storage lockers in the rooms. It's awesome to have a charging locker, but not so helpful when the power turns off as soon as you leave the room and take the key card with you. :)

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

I figure out how to do it now! Grazie for the thoughtful suggestions which will be implemented in Dec when our trusted worker come back. Besides, he'll also make a completely new and creative furniture which will bring an unprecedented level of security and convenience for every dorm guest. Will you come back to see this? ;>

Zelin Hotel GL

Guilin, China

The hotel is conveniently located right across from the slow train station and within easy walking distance to a lot of the stuff you want to see/do in Guilin. The rooms did NOT smell like other reviews complained about. It was a bit expensive when we went there, because it was National Week. Some of the staff spoke a little English, and also had a translation sheet for some key things to tell you. Helpful tour booking service works in the hotel lobby as well.

• 1st Oct 2013

Elbrus Home

Kathmandu, Nepal

Staying at Elbrus Home made our time in Nepal so much easier. The staff was great - friendly, fun, and incredibly helpful. Unlike at other places there was no pressure to buy or book anything, but when we did want to do something they sorted it all out for us quickly and effectively. The rooftop is a lovely place to have breakfast (included!) and just to chill out. Rooms are clean and quiet and wifi works and is free. Thanks for a great time!

• 23rd Jul 2011