Explora Hostels

Bogota, Colombia

We extended our stay with the guy working at the front desk for two nights and hesaid everything was good to go. A day latter we arrive back at the hostel at 7pm on a Saturday night to find all of our personal belongings put in trash bags and thrown in the laundry room. The staff was very rude and said our room had been double booked and we had to leave. Several of our personal items including my girlfriends reading glasses were missing. I do not recommend staying at this hostel.

The staff at the hostel was the rudest people I have ever met in staying with a hostel. They seem to have no desire to help the clients. I witnessed the maintenance guy yelling at a customer for unplugging a cord so he could charge his computer. The location is far away from all things to do and the atmosphere at the hostel is nonexistent. Save your time and money and book a hostel somewhere else. The one good thing I will say is the staff at the bar was exceptionally great!

Drop Bear Hostel

Santa Marta, Colombia

Overall best hostel in Sant Marta!! I stayed in Santa Marta, Colombia for 2 weeks at multiple hostels including The Brisa Loca, Dreamer, and Drop Bear. The Drop Bear Hostel was by far the best. Staff was very friendly, facility was extremly clean, and the BAR & POOL area was AMAZING!! The house has a long Colombian history that the owner does a great job of explaining. Great location in the center of Santa Marta it was easy access to Tayrona Park, Minca, Taganga, and beautiful beaches.