Location Italy, Gender Female, Age 36

Glasgow Youth Hostel, Glasgow, Scotland
23rd Sep 2016

Good hostel, friendly staff, clean and comfortable in a nice location. Free wifi in the lounge. One complain, the dormitory had only one shower (there were no common showers outside the rooms) and it didn't have a door, just a curtain to separate it from the dormitory! I came back late in the night and I had to take a super quick shower in the dark, to not disturb my fellow roommates. They should either add a door or at least put some additional ones outside the rooms...

Nomad, Cardiff, Wales
19th Aug 2016

Good hostel, in the city centre, free continental breakfast, free wi-fi, friendly staff, all the basic facilities covered: kitchen, tv room, dvd-library room,etc. Just two minor complains: there were only two power sockets for a room of 6 ladies (that's definitely not enough) and the toilets were quite clean but smelled vaguely of pee... some more than the others. But these are just minor things and I would gladly come back to the hostel.

YHA Manchester, Manchester, England
29th Jul 2016

good hostel, great location in the city centre and very near to the Science museum. Clean and friendly, each (comfortable) bed had a light, an electric socket and 2 USB sockets. Just one very minor complain: the shower wasn't very powerful, the water jet was more a dribble than a real shower. But as I said this is somenthing really minor and I would difinitely come back there again.

Abrahams Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
1st Jul 2016

good hostel, no complains. Free breakfast and free wi-fi working well everywhere, the beds in the dorm were comfortable and had a reading light and two power socket each. Friendly staff and central location, very conveniently located at walking distance from the main coach station and o' connel street.

Belfast International Youth Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
24th Jun 2016

Good hostel, no complains. Great location, central and at walking distance from the city Hall, the city centre, coach and train stations. Clean and comfortable beds, friendly staff. There were individual lights for each bed but a few weren't working. I would definitely come back again.

Thank you for your 83% score and great comments. Good hostel, great location, clean, comfortable, friendly - thank you. It's particularly good to get positive comments about our big dorms: I know people sometimes don't like the idea, but these rooms are spacious and designed to give some privacy. Thank you again. Safe travels. David

Albatross, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
16th Jun 2016

Great location in the city centre, walking distance from the train and coach station, St. James Park stadium and the Megabus coach stop. A small Tesco is right in front of it and a shopping centre just a few minutes away. Comfortable beds even if a bit too squeaky, clean toilets and showers, friendly staff. Free tea and coffee through the day. The free wifi didn't really work so I couldn't use it. I was told it worked only in the common room but it stopped working after 30 seconds.

Hello, Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I have passed on your comments regarding the beds to our Management who will look into this. During our refurbishment, the wifi has been affected, we hope this did not cause too much inconvenience. Jaimie and The Albatross Team

HI De Draecke Gent, Gent, Belgium
1st Apr 2016

Very good experience. The location is great, quite central and right next to the beautiful castle. Also it's just 2 minutes walk from the stop of n.1 tram that goes to the main train station, Sint-Pieter. Every bed has at least one power socket, an individual light and a small shelf. Continental breakfast was included and the free wi-fi was working well everywhere I tried it. The beds, toilet and shower were clean and in good working order. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Liverpool International Inn, Liverpool, England
11th Mar 2016

Clean, friendly and comfortable, in a good location. I have no big complains, just two minor ones: there was a noisy fan going on for most of the night on the wall just next to my bed, I am not a light sleeper so it was ok, but for light sleepers that would have been bad; also in a room of 5 girls there were only 2 electrical sockets. Luckily we were only in 2 so it was enough but if the room was full that wouldn't have been enough. But all in all I would still go back, it's a very nice hostel.

Hostel Gastama, Lille, France
8th Jan 2016

Very clean and friendly hostel. I stayed there only a few hours but the bed was very comfy and all had a small curtain for added privacy, 2 power plugs and individual lights. The toilets and showers were very clean. I didn't use the kitchen so I don't know how it was. When I checked-in the guy at the reception was very nice but did't speak much English (luckily a friend of mine spoke French so we could communicate) but when I checked-out the nice lady at the time spoke perfect English.

• Italy, Mixed Group, 31-40
HostelPoint Brighton, Brighton, England
13th Nov 2015

Very friendly hostel, great location right next to the coach station and the seaside, a short walk from the train station, right next to the Brighton pier. Our room had a lovely view on the sea. I didn't really stay much (literally 3 hours) but I had a good experience. Maybe the general cleaning in the common areas could be better, but the bed was comfortable and clean, so no complains. Free breakfast and free wi-fi (don't know how it was working as I didn't use it)

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully next time your stay will last longer than 3 hours!

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
25th Sep 2015

My second time there, very good hostel, right next to Central station, the rooms and toilets were clean, the shower working (there was hot water) but not very powerful; I still managed to get a shower but it would be nice if they put a slightly stronger water jet. The staff at the reception was generally very nice and helpful, only a lady seemed not very happy to be there and kept looking badly at the unfortunate guests who had something to ask her or need (as it happened to me).

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
19th Sep 2015

great hostel, one of the best I have been staying at. Friendly, welcoming and helpful staff, great and well connected location right next to the East side Gallery and near to U-bahn and s-bahn stations, very clean and tidy, it looked more a 4 stars hotel than a hostel. Loved it.

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
27th Aug 2015

One of the best hostel I have been staying at. Clean, comfortable, with plenty of facilities including overnight lockers for 2 euro (or free during the day), free light breakfast, free wi-fi in the common room, easy going, helpful and friendly staff. Great location just next to the coach station, walking distance from O'Connell street, right in the city centre. I will definitely be back there again when in Dublin.

Lovely lovely guest ,we enjoyed this review !

Walkabout, Manchester, England
6.0
24th Jul 2015

The location is great, 5 minutes walk from the Manchester Central venue, plenty of bars, restaurant and supermarkets all around. The room itself was ok but very dirty: the carpets were dusty and with pieces of paper (it looked as it hadn't been hoovered for quite a while), I found the shower drain with a little nest of hair, the toilet had spots of unknown nature around it and the floors where dirty. It was cheap and basic but definitely needs better cleaning and maintenance.

Belfast International Youth Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
30th Apr 2015

great location, walking distance from Europa Bus station, clean beds and toilets, friendly staff, it had more the feeling of an hotel than a hostel. Definitely coming back next time in Belfast. I advice to try the Giant Causeway day tour organised by McComb, they have the office inside the hostel and there is a discount for hostel guest. Loved every minute of it.

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at Belfast International Youth Hostel. Clean, friendly, great location! I don't think I can add any more. Come back and see us next time you are in the city. Many thanks, David

Boomerang Hostel, Antwerp, Belgium
24th Apr 2015

Clean and very friendly hostel, quite central, walking distance from the main train station, free wi-fi. Clean toilets, powerful and hot showers (it would be nice to have at least one hook in the shower cubicle, though). I was surprised rooms haven't a lock but nothing of my stuff went missing. A breakfast was available for 2.50 euro but I didn't use this service nor the kitchen so I don't know how they were.

Princes Street Backpackers East, Edinburgh, Scotland
10th Apr 2015

Good hostel, clean rooms and toilets, great location in the city centre, friendly staff.No good if you have heavy luggage: the hostel is on the top floor of a building,you need to go 77 step to reach it. I was lucky a very kind (and strong) gentleman I met on the stairs helped me carrying it. Also only 1 power socket for a 6 bed dormitory! Not enough at all. But they say they are renovating the rooms and they will add more of these. Only 2 hors of free wi-fi, if you need more you need to pay.

21st Mar 2015

I have been here before so I knew already what to expect: central location, clean rooms and toilets, friendly staff, free towel and continental breakfast and no complains. The young lady who checked me in was probably newbie as she took ages trying to find my reservation, she forgot I paid already a deposit through Hostelworld and tried to charge me for that too (after she apologised about it). Anyway the other guy there was much better and I didn't have any problems once he took over.

Danhostel Copenhagen City, Copenhagen, Denmark
7.4
19th Feb 2015

Good experience: clean room, toilet and shower, friendly staff, central position. Bad: Someone opened the door of my room without any knocking and for no reason:They realized someone was inside and closed the door rightaway so I couldn't see who it was. I couldn't lock the door from the inside so I didn't feel very comfortable, but it didn't happened anymore. please note the hostel is making some works in progress and the ground floor looks more like a building site than the hall of a hostel.

22nd Nov 2014

good hostel, great central location, walking distance from train station and right next door to the coach station. The rooms was warm, the beds comfortable, there was free towel (just asks at the reception) and plenty of power sockets in the room. Just one minor thing: the shower and bathroom rooms were quite cold... and in November this isn't very ideal... but anyway it's a minor thing as the water was worm enough, everything else was ok and I definitely go back there again.

Bunkhouse, Cardiff, Wales
7th Nov 2014

Great location, right in the centre of Cardiff, very near to the train and coach station, the castle, the Motorpoint arena and the Megabus stop too. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean toilets and shower. The price is not really cheap (£23 for a bed in a 18 beds room) but it was the cheapest option I could find at short notice and as it wasn't my first time there so I knew already it was a good hostel.

HI De Draecke Gent, Gent, Belgium
7.4
17th Oct 2014

great location in the city centre, just behind the castle. Friendly and helpful staff, I really appreciated the option to get a breakfast packed box for those who needed to leave the hostel before the breakfast time. Free wi-fi (good)working only in the lunge and not in the rooms (bad). two minor drawbacks: the door of the en-suit toilet didn't close at all and the door of the room didn't close or open automatically,you needed always the key. In case of fire that door could be a serious problem.

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
5th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, friendly staff, clean toilets and comfortable enough room. The location was great, in the centre of Glasgow, right next to Glasgow Central station and a short walk away to Buchanan bus/coach station. Also it was next door to a Lidl supermarket and quite near to two shopping centre. My only two complains are the number of electricity plugs, as there was only one plug in a room of four girls!!! And the "free wi-fi" that didn't work at all :(

22nd Aug 2014

This was my second time at Cairncross house. It was a pleasant stay, I didn't have any problems, the room was clean and comfortable enough, working toilet and showers, friendly staff. I will definitely go back there again if I need a budget accommodation.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
6th Jun 2014

Great hostel, very clean, cosy and with friendly staff. Definitely I'll check them first if/when I will go back to Belfast.

Mec Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
10th Apr 2014

Good location, clean toilets and showers, friendly staff. No complaints.

4th Apr 2014

Great location, right in the middle of Dundee, walking distance from the coach station, train station, shopping centre and University. Friendly staff, good room, good value, clean toilet and shower. Just one minor thing: the carpet in the room could have used a better cleaning as it was quite dusty and there were hairs from the previous occupants on the floor, but other than this it was everything ok. I'll definitely check them first when/if I'll be back in Dundee.

Nomad, Cardiff, Wales
28th Feb 2014

Good experience, clean and comfortable enough, located near the station and the arena. Staff very friendly, there was a minor annoyance when I checked in: I booked a single room for two night, but for some mistake of the system I was registered in a female dormitory! And no single rooms available. But the guy at reception was very polite and helpful and they offered me a discount for this (so it was ok).

Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
17th Jan 2014

Great location, at walking distance from train and bus station, in the city centre and 5-10 minutes walk from a 24hours big Tesco. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean toilets and rooms. I had a great experience and I'll gladly come back if I'll be again in Galway. Just one minor thing: the upper bed of the bunk bed was very near to the ceiling and if not paying attention it was easy to hit the head (as I did, twice).

23rd Nov 2013

Great location, very near to coach and train stations and city center. Warm and comfortable room, friendly staff. Just two minor things: my bed was the upper part of a bunk bed and it squeaked a lot with the smallest movement. I didn't want to disturb the girl sleeping in the bed down so I ended up sleeping still as a statue. Also the shower I used didn't have hot water but cold-barely warm. But there were many of them so maybe I was unlucky to catch the only one that didn't work properly...

Bunkhouse, Cardiff, Wales
30th Aug 2013

Great location right in the middle of Cardiff, very near to coach and train stations. Clean rooms and toilet, I would definitely go back there.

23rd Aug 2013

clean room, clean toilets and shower. Good value for money.

The Linen House Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
7.1
28th Jun 2013

very basic service, but it was perfect for what I needed and also it was very cheap so I din't expect a 5 stars treatment. The room wasn't sparkling clean but clean and tidy enough, the position of the hostel was great, right in the city centre, the en-suite shower didn't work but I used another one so it was ok anyway, and the staff was friendly. If I will travel again in Belfast and I'll be in need of cheap accommodation, I'll surely go back there.

7.1
16th Mar 2013

Good price, good value,quite central location (3 minutes walk from National Express coach station and 10-15 minutes walk from New Street national rail station), it did its job. In my floor there was a kitchen and toilet attached, so when I was in the kitchen I could feel the not so inviting smells coming from the toilet, but other than this, I would say it was ok service. If they don't rise their prices I will go back there again.

The Riverhouse Backpackers, Cardiff, Wales
1st Mar 2013

The hostel is inside a private house so it look more a guest house, not really a hostel, but this is not a problem (it actually made it even more cozy) and it was very, very clean. Very central location and easy to reach from both train station and coach station. Towels not included in the price but they cost £2 at the desk. Friendly and helpful staff. I had a good experience and no complaints at all.

Dublin International (YHA), Dublin, Ireland
9th Nov 2012

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
24th Aug 2012

Very clean, very good location, very friendly staff.

6th Apr 2012

Absolutely friendly staff, great location, clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the reading room.

• Italy,