Location: Italy, Gender: Female, Age: 34

Birmingham, England

good hostel, great central location, walking distance from train station and right next door to the coach station. The rooms was warm, the beds comfortable, there was free towel (just asks at the reception) and plenty of power sockets in the room. Just one minor thing: the shower and bathroom rooms were quite cold... and in November this isn't very ideal... but anyway it's a minor thing as the water was worm enough, everything else was ok and I definitely go back there again.

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Great location, right in the centre of Cardiff, very near to the train and coach station, the castle, the Motorpoint arena and the Megabus stop too. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean toilets and shower. The price is not really cheap (£23 for a bed in a 18 beds room) but it was the cheapest option I could find at short notice and as it wasn't my first time there so I knew already it was a good hostel.

HI De Draecke Gent

Gent, Belgium

great location in the city centre, just behind the castle. Friendly and helpful staff, I really appreciated the option to get a breakfast packed box for those who needed to leave the hostel before the breakfast time. Free wi-fi (good)working only in the lunge and not in the rooms (bad). two minor drawbacks: the door of the en-suit toilet didn't close at all and the door of the room didn't close or open automatically,you needed always the key. In case of fire that door could be a serious problem.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Nice hostel, friendly staff, clean toilets and comfortable enough room. The location was great, in the centre of Glasgow, right next to Glasgow Central station and a short walk away to Buchanan bus/coach station. Also it was next door to a Lidl supermarket and quite near to two shopping centre. My only two complains are the number of electricity plugs, as there was only one plug in a room of four girls!!! And the "free wi-fi" that didn't work at all :(

This was my second time at Cairncross house. It was a pleasant stay, I didn't have any problems, the room was clean and comfortable enough, working toilet and showers, friendly staff. I will definitely go back there again if I need a budget accommodation.

Global Village

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great hostel, very clean, cosy and with friendly staff. Definitely I'll check them first if/when I will go back to Belfast.

Mount Eccles Court

Dublin, Ireland

Good location, clean toilets and showers, friendly staff. No complaints.

Dundee, Scotland

Great location, right in the middle of Dundee, walking distance from the coach station, train station, shopping centre and University. Friendly staff, good room, good value, clean toilet and shower. Just one minor thing: the carpet in the room could have used a better cleaning as it was quite dusty and there were hairs from the previous occupants on the floor, but other than this it was everything ok. I'll definitely check them first when/if I'll be back in Dundee.

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

Good experience, clean and comfortable enough, located near the station and the arena. Staff very friendly, there was a minor annoyance when I checked in: I booked a single room for two night, but for some mistake of the system I was registered in a female dormitory! And no single rooms available. But the guy at reception was very polite and helpful and they offered me a discount for this (so it was ok).

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Great location, at walking distance from train and bus station, in the city centre and 5-10 minutes walk from a 24hours big Tesco. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean toilets and rooms. I had a great experience and I'll gladly come back if I'll be again in Galway. Just one minor thing: the upper bed of the bunk bed was very near to the ceiling and if not paying attention it was easy to hit the head (as I did, twice).

Birmingham, England

Great location, very near to coach and train stations and city center. Warm and comfortable room, friendly staff. Just two minor things: my bed was the upper part of a bunk bed and it squeaked a lot with the smallest movement. I didn't want to disturb the girl sleeping in the bed down so I ended up sleeping still as a statue. Also the shower I used didn't have hot water but cold-barely warm. But there were many of them so maybe I was unlucky to catch the only one that didn't work properly...

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Great location right in the middle of Cardiff, very near to coach and train stations. Clean rooms and toilet, I would definitely go back there.

clean room, clean toilets and shower. Good value for money.

The Linen House Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

very basic service, but it was perfect for what I needed and also it was very cheap so I din't expect a 5 stars treatment. The room wasn't sparkling clean but clean and tidy enough, the position of the hostel was great, right in the city centre, the en-suite shower didn't work but I used another one so it was ok anyway, and the staff was friendly. If I will travel again in Belfast and I'll be in need of cheap accommodation, I'll surely go back there.

Birmingham, England

Good price, good value,quite central location (3 minutes walk from National Express coach station and 10-15 minutes walk from New Street national rail station), it did its job. In my floor there was a kitchen and toilet attached, so when I was in the kitchen I could feel the not so inviting smells coming from the toilet, but other than this, I would say it was ok service. If they don't rise their prices I will go back there again.

The hostel is inside a private house so it look more a guest house, not really a hostel, but this is not a problem (it actually made it even more cozy) and it was very, very clean. Very central location and easy to reach from both train station and coach station. Towels not included in the price but they cost £2 at the desk. Friendly and helpful staff. I had a good experience and no complaints at all.

Dublin International (YHA)

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Very clean, very good location, very friendly staff.

Dundee, Scotland

Absolutely friendly staff, great location, clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the reading room.