Location: Italy, Gender: Female, Age: 35

Birmingham, England

I have been here before so I knew already what to expect: central location, clean rooms and toilets, friendly staff, free towel and continental breakfast and no complains. The young lady who checked me in was probably newbie as she took ages trying to find my reservation, she forgot I paid already a deposit through Hostelworld and tried to charge me for that too (after she apologised about it). Anyway the other guy there was much better and I didn't have any problems once he took over.

• 21st Mar 2015

Danhostel Copenhagen City

Copenhagen, Denmark

Good experience: clean room, toilet and shower, friendly staff, central position. Bad: Someone opened the door of my room without any knocking and for no reason:They realized someone was inside and closed the door rightaway so I couldn't see who it was. I couldn't lock the door from the inside so I didn't feel very comfortable, but it didn't happened anymore. please note the hostel is making some works in progress and the ground floor looks more like a building site than the hall of a hostel.

• 19th Feb 2015

Birmingham, England

good hostel, great central location, walking distance from train station and right next door to the coach station. The rooms was warm, the beds comfortable, there was free towel (just asks at the reception) and plenty of power sockets in the room. Just one minor thing: the shower and bathroom rooms were quite cold... and in November this isn't very ideal... but anyway it's a minor thing as the water was worm enough, everything else was ok and I definitely go back there again.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Great location, right in the centre of Cardiff, very near to the train and coach station, the castle, the Motorpoint arena and the Megabus stop too. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean toilets and shower. The price is not really cheap (£23 for a bed in a 18 beds room) but it was the cheapest option I could find at short notice and as it wasn't my first time there so I knew already it was a good hostel.

• 7th Nov 2014

HI De Draecke Gent

Gent, Belgium

great location in the city centre, just behind the castle. Friendly and helpful staff, I really appreciated the option to get a breakfast packed box for those who needed to leave the hostel before the breakfast time. Free wi-fi (good)working only in the lunge and not in the rooms (bad). two minor drawbacks: the door of the en-suit toilet didn't close at all and the door of the room didn't close or open automatically,you needed always the key. In case of fire that door could be a serious problem.

• 17th Oct 2014

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Nice hostel, friendly staff, clean toilets and comfortable enough room. The location was great, in the centre of Glasgow, right next to Glasgow Central station and a short walk away to Buchanan bus/coach station. Also it was next door to a Lidl supermarket and quite near to two shopping centre. My only two complains are the number of electricity plugs, as there was only one plug in a room of four girls!!! And the "free wi-fi" that didn't work at all :(

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

This was my second time at Cairncross house. It was a pleasant stay, I didn't have any problems, the room was clean and comfortable enough, working toilet and showers, friendly staff. I will definitely go back there again if I need a budget accommodation.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Global Village

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great hostel, very clean, cosy and with friendly staff. Definitely I'll check them first if/when I will go back to Belfast.

• 6th Jun 2014

Mec Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Good location, clean toilets and showers, friendly staff. No complaints.

• 10th Apr 2014

Dundee, Scotland

Great location, right in the middle of Dundee, walking distance from the coach station, train station, shopping centre and University. Friendly staff, good room, good value, clean toilet and shower. Just one minor thing: the carpet in the room could have used a better cleaning as it was quite dusty and there were hairs from the previous occupants on the floor, but other than this it was everything ok. I'll definitely check them first when/if I'll be back in Dundee.

• 4th Apr 2014

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

Good experience, clean and comfortable enough, located near the station and the arena. Staff very friendly, there was a minor annoyance when I checked in: I booked a single room for two night, but for some mistake of the system I was registered in a female dormitory! And no single rooms available. But the guy at reception was very polite and helpful and they offered me a discount for this (so it was ok).

• 28th Feb 2014

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Great location, at walking distance from train and bus station, in the city centre and 5-10 minutes walk from a 24hours big Tesco. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean toilets and rooms. I had a great experience and I'll gladly come back if I'll be again in Galway. Just one minor thing: the upper bed of the bunk bed was very near to the ceiling and if not paying attention it was easy to hit the head (as I did, twice).

• 17th Jan 2014

Birmingham, England

Great location, very near to coach and train stations and city center. Warm and comfortable room, friendly staff. Just two minor things: my bed was the upper part of a bunk bed and it squeaked a lot with the smallest movement. I didn't want to disturb the girl sleeping in the bed down so I ended up sleeping still as a statue. Also the shower I used didn't have hot water but cold-barely warm. But there were many of them so maybe I was unlucky to catch the only one that didn't work properly...

• 23rd Nov 2013

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Great location right in the middle of Cardiff, very near to coach and train stations. Clean rooms and toilet, I would definitely go back there.

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

clean room, clean toilets and shower. Good value for money.

• 23rd Aug 2013

The Linen House Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

very basic service, but it was perfect for what I needed and also it was very cheap so I din't expect a 5 stars treatment. The room wasn't sparkling clean but clean and tidy enough, the position of the hostel was great, right in the city centre, the en-suite shower didn't work but I used another one so it was ok anyway, and the staff was friendly. If I will travel again in Belfast and I'll be in need of cheap accommodation, I'll surely go back there.

• 28th Jun 2013

Birmingham, England

Good price, good value,quite central location (3 minutes walk from National Express coach station and 10-15 minutes walk from New Street national rail station), it did its job. In my floor there was a kitchen and toilet attached, so when I was in the kitchen I could feel the not so inviting smells coming from the toilet, but other than this, I would say it was ok service. If they don't rise their prices I will go back there again.

• 16th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

The hostel is inside a private house so it look more a guest house, not really a hostel, but this is not a problem (it actually made it even more cozy) and it was very, very clean. Very central location and easy to reach from both train station and coach station. Towels not included in the price but they cost £2 at the desk. Friendly and helpful staff. I had a good experience and no complaints at all.

• 1st Mar 2013

Dublin International (YHA)

• 9th Nov 2012

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Very clean, very good location, very friendly staff.

• 24th Aug 2012

Dundee, Scotland

Absolutely friendly staff, great location, clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the reading room.

• 6th Apr 2012