Hostel on 3rd

San Diego, USA

Decent Hostel close to the buzzing part of Gaslamp quarter. Caf├ęs & supermarket (Ralphs) just 1 min away, mall with food court just 3 mins. Rooms are alright but there is imminent danger involved in the proximity between the ceiling fans and the upper-bunk beds in many rooms (for tall people in particular). I almost beheaded myself. I told the staff to take care of that but I'm not sure they will.

Thank you for the heads up (pardon the pun) regarding our ceiling fan. We are most serious regarding your observation and have removed the top two mattresses. We are considering turning that room into a private one.

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

Stayed in a 4-bed compartment ("4-bed mixed dorm ensuite") and I must say I was not impressed. There six such compartment as part of a 24-bed dorm. The ensuite means that there is a toilet shared with up to 23 people rather than (as you would expect) 3 others. This led to it being not very clean. Furthermore, the heating was not working and the temperature sank down to about 15C at night. Wifi is available but neither very fast nor available in the rooms (but in the common room in the basement).

Thanks for expressing your concerns. We can see that you had booked a 24 bed Deluxe Mixed Pod Dorm, which has a communal bathroom. As we also have a 4-Bed En-suite rooms, we would have been happy to upgrade you to one if required. We clean the communal bathrooms many times a day, however, if we miss something we are happy for our guests to report any issues for us to address. If the free Wi-Fi is slow for some reason we also have computers with free 24h Internet access!

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

Great atmosphere and common room. Super clean and new facilities. Brilliant value for money. Easy access to metro/subway system and Sagrada Familia within walking distance.

Stayed in a spacious 6-bed dorm that was fitted with Victorian style furniture (besides the beds). It felt safe although the Hotel cum Hostel is rather large. Due to this largess the service was little personal and sometimes even rude. The bar on the 5th floor has a great view but the food was difficult - sometimes it took 45mins for a pizza for one person while the other got their food already after just 10mins. The burger I had was the worst I ever had. Though omelets and muesli were fine.

Enjoyed a stay in a twin room and the proximity to the lake. It's literally 2mins from the West Lake. Bikes, which can be rented are in a good condition. We (not intentionally) demolished a tire but the staff was very friendly and made no fuss about it. Bikes are a great way to reach the inner city or any place around the lake within 15-20mins. The food is good though not as cheap compared to the room prices. Fantastic for couples and also great to meet other backpackers!

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

Stayed in a twin: fantastic great room with en suite bathroom. Much rather like a hotel not a hostel in terms of the room quality. And yet there were plenty of other backpackers and one could easily get to know other travelers. Good bar on the top floor, the wifi had a decent speed and heaps of routers throughout the building. Can absolutely recommend the place. One minor thing: no soap in the bathroom, like in so many places in China. Subway reachable in 4 mins slow walking.

I really appreciated the bar and restaurant that offered a range of drinks and Chines and Western food decently priced. The atmosphere was especially good in the bar. The room I stayed in (5-bed) was absolute standard: clean, a locker, maybe the mattress was a little bit too hard/thin. Staff was really friendly. 10mins from Forbidden City.

thanks for your comment we really hope you stay again when you come back to beijing

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Friendly staff. Great place to meet fellow travelers!

Also good for people without company for you will find some people here to hang out and have fun. It's really just 3mins from the beach. The rooms aren't very big though.

H.I. Boston Downtown

Boston, USA

Great hostel with friendly staff conveniently located. Really only 4mins to the subway (green line). Not far to several restaurants, fast food and stores. Wifi could have much more bandwidth, especially in the rooms and the common rooms on the upper floors. Decent breakfast.