Hostel Van Gogh

San Jose, Costa Rica

Such a great stay! I was a bit nervous traveling to San Jose by myself, especially as a female. But I relaxed a bit when David walked me through all the places that are and are not safe both in San Jose and Costa Rica in general. The hostel was very clean and in a pretty good neighborhood for San Jose. The breakfast was delicious too! David was extremely helpful the entire time. He helped me book a taxi to the airport and even remembered my name 2 weeks later after I returned.

Monteverde Backpackers

Monteverde, Costa Rica

This hostel is average. Not over the top but not bad either. I had some problems with the shower at times, but once I let the front desk know, they fixed it right away. In terms of cleanliness, the kitchen and showers were a bit dirty but I guess it is hard to keep things 100% clean with the humidity as it is. Shower sandals seemed necessary. In terms of booking tours, I did them all through the hostel and had no complaints. Do the Extremo Canopy tour and the Coffee tour! They are both great.

Arenal Hostel Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Like a resort! Absolutely gorgeous. They give you a welcome drink upon arrival. Very clean and huge bathrooms! There is a breakfast buffet available for $5 and then a little kitchen to buy meals all day. There is a grocery store 1 min away too. AC in all the rooms and a cute little pool.