Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Alexanderplatz Accomodation

Berlin, Germany

It took me a very long time to find the Hostel. The sign for it is extremely small and difficult to locate. The store next door didn't even know there was a hostel there. Once I found the place I enjoyed my stay there but it shouldn't have been that difficult to find. Maybe a bigger sign? Also, it was really hot in there. With no internal cooling system we had to keep the windows open. Since the room faced the street, sleeping was difficult because the sounds of the traffic and trains came in.

Belford Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

The rooms were okay but the showers were absolutely terrible. I didn't even want to use them after the first night because they were so tiny and didn't drain. In one of them, the water never warmed up. Also, I saw the staff changing the bedding while I was in there room and while the sheets and pillow cases are changed, the duvet covers are not.

• 17th Apr 2014

YHA York

York, England

Ashfield Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The shower was really nice and the staff was wonderful. The bad thing was we didn't know how to turn on the heat, but the blankets were warm enough to make up for the cold so I slept warm.