Reviews: BrooksOnBreak

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 40

Really shocking how bad this place was. We showed up late at night and there was garbage strewn everywhere and it looked quite scary. They were doing some construction and there were materials everywhere, the pool was drained and looked nasty and we chose not to stay there. I will say the owner was really nice and took us next door to his brother in law's place (Melrose) which was really nice. Overall, i'd say it's possible we caught them at a bad time and they were nice, but stay next door.

• 29th Dec 2012

Keystone House Kings Cross

Great location and very close to the tube/train. Staff was helpful and cheery. Rooms were in clean, in good shape and spacious and the lockers were narrow, but big. Breakfast was decent, but they could go a tiny step forward with rolls or cereal. Only 2 things bothered me; had to pay for wifi (5£ per day) and showers were push button without temp control.

Great place to stay for San Fermin. It's close enough to walk or bus right into town, but is just far enough away to be quiet and get lower prices on everything. The staff was very helpful and very nice and I'd easily come back here and stay again!

Staff wasn't that helpful and kind of snarky. Internet was impossible to use, couldn't connect or kept dropping out. Common areas were too small for the size of the hostel and "air conditioning" means a small fan in each room. On the plus side, the rooms were nice, clean, good bathroom and the beds were comfortable and solid.

Dear R, Thank you for your comment. I would like to apologize for the bad service you did get from the staff in our hostel. Our aim, at the Oasis, is to provide our guests the best experience while staying with us. I´m then still waiting for you to comment further. Thank you for your help in improving the service towards future guests. Kind Regards, Yann Manager Oasis Backpackers´Hostel Granada

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Pretty much an average hostel. Not great, not bad. The wifi was spotty and you have to rent towels. They could use a better common room there are just a few couches in the basement or the dining room which I think made it more difficult to meet people. That being said, the staff is very nice and helpful and it's in a really great location.

Lisboa Central Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great place to stay. family run and it shows. Everyone was really nice and I loved the soup at night and the pancakes in the morning. Great location, comfortable beds, good wifi and lots of activities. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

Chada Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

This place is right on Khao San Road, but is clean, secure and the staff is friendly and helpful. Also, even though it's on the KSR, it's surprisingly quiet. I couldn't hear the action on the street over a weekend. I'd recommend to anyone.