The Jailhotel

Lucerne, Switzerland

The jailhostel can be awesome for someone, but scary for others (to me it was awesome). The atmoshpere of being in a former prison is very strange. My single room was not so large (but large enough) and quite clean (there was some dust under the bed). The hotel is a few minutes walk from the center, so the location is very good. The only downside is that it is just beside a night club and on the saturday evening the music (very loud) went on until 6 am. The other days it was quiet.

Old Town Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

Our 4 bed rooms was a typical hostel dorm. The (shared) bathroom were large and clean and we never had to wait much time to use it. However, we had trouble with the noise in the evening (or in the early morning, around 6.00 am). The 4 bed rooms were located near the reception, and (despite the signs inviting to keep silence after 11.00 pm) there were people chatting and making very difficult to rest.

Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

The four bed room we booked was actually a small apartment (with one bathroom, and a kitchen) located very close to the city center. The apartment was clean and the beds really comfortable.

House Sara

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

The house is just few kms from the lakes. The house was comfortable and clean. Definitely recommended if you want to spend few money and visit the lakes. Our 4 bed room was actually a nice apartment with two bathrooms and a kitchen.

Hotel Jupiter

Amsterdam, Netherlands

My single room was very small, but comfortable and with a bathroom. The location is very good: in few minutes you can reach the city center or vondelpark. Given the good price (compared to otehr hotels) I would recommend this hotel

AmaBologna

Bologna, Italy

Abercorn House Hostel

First of all, I want to underline that several comments on the hostel are outdated. I was on the 2nd floor and everything was new and clean (some comments tell that the hostel was renewed up to the 1st floor). The place was clean and the room (although little) was comfortable and warm. . The location is perfect, just a few minutes by walk from hammersmith tube. The price is very good. I have only one complaint: in the morning the cleaning service was noisy (around 7.00).

Alvaro Residencia