Location England, Age 29

Bird Nest Bacpackers, Lusaka, Zambia
3rd Dec 2014

This is the best hostel I stayed in in Zambia. Although a little out of town the facilities were great, even offering me an upgraded room as it was vacant and helping me with an airport transfer.

Victoria Falls Backpackers, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
1st Dec 2014

This is a really quirky hostel just out of town. Compared to a hotel stay this place is excellent value for money and it is really easy to book tours from here - the owner was really helpful.

Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
8.0
30th Nov 2014

This is the perfect place to stay if you are looking for a hostel close to the airport or for a quick stopover. The owner was extremely helpful and understanding given my delayed flight.

The Backpack Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
28th Nov 2014

The hostel is the best I've ever stayed in. The staff are really hospitable and friendly and everyone as realy friendly. The view of table mountain is amazing and location is excellent -I would definately recommend staying here.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel on Hostelworld.com. We are beyond delighted to hear that you felt this was the best hostel you have stayed in and that the staff were great towards you while you were here. We too love our view of Table Mountain! It really is beauty to see from the swimming pool or cafe area of the hostel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

USA Hostels Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
23rd Mar 2013

As an avid traveller who has stayed in 20+ hostels I have to say, I was impressed! The staff are extremely helpful, helping me by printing off maps, telling me the best things to do and even helping me find a place to stay in San Francisco! There is loads of activities on such as free hikes, cheap bar and the location was only two blocks away from the subway, making it really easy to get around- this is honestly the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

Thanks so much for the great review Matthew! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us...and i hope our staff directed you to our San Fran hostel and not the competition! LOL.

Banana Bungalow West Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
7.7
20th Mar 2013

This is a nice hostel in a relatively good location. The staff are really friendly, however; the hostel did lack a bit of character and you really need a car to successfully get around.

Backpackers-Duesseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
9.0
13th May 2011

The hostel was great fun and very well layted out with alot of communal space

Tallinn Backpackers, Tallinn, Estonia
9.0
22nd Jan 2011

This hostel was one of the most fun hostels I have ever stayed in. Although not the nicest, the atmosphere, how sociable it was really compensated. Everyone really got involved during my stay and I met so many new people - stay here for a weekend away!

Hostel Possonium, Bratislava, Slovakia
6.0
14th Nov 2010

This is a standard hostel, it was nice to have a free breakfast in the morning though!

Believe-it-or-Not, Vienna, Austria
12th Nov 2010

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. I made friends here, it was more like staying in an apartment together with other travellers -I will always have fond memories of Vienna thanks to this place :)

Hostel Blues, Bratislava, Slovakia
6.7
11th Nov 2010

A hostel in an ex communist block, it was distinctly average!