Location: England, Age: 28

Bird Nest Bacpackers

Lusaka, Zambia

This is the best hostel I stayed in in Zambia. Although a little out of town the facilities were great, even offering me an upgraded room as it was vacant and helping me with an airport transfer.

Victoria Falls Backpackers

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

This is a really quirky hostel just out of town. Compared to a hotel stay this place is excellent value for money and it is really easy to book tours from here - the owner was really helpful.

Shoestrings Airport Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

This is the perfect place to stay if you are looking for a hostel close to the airport or for a quick stopover. The owner was extremely helpful and understanding given my delayed flight.

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

The hostel is the best I've ever stayed in. The staff are really hospitable and friendly and everyone as realy friendly. The view of table mountain is amazing and location is excellent -I would definately recommend staying here.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

As an avid traveller who has stayed in 20+ hostels I have to say, I was impressed! The staff are extremely helpful, helping me by printing off maps, telling me the best things to do and even helping me find a place to stay in San Francisco! There is loads of activities on such as free hikes, cheap bar and the location was only two blocks away from the subway, making it really easy to get around- this is honestly the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

Thanks so much for the great review Matthew! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us...and i hope our staff directed you to our San Fran hostel and not the competition! LOL.

This is a nice hostel in a relatively good location. The staff are really friendly, however; the hostel did lack a bit of character and you really need a car to successfully get around.

Backpackers-Duesseldorf

Dusseldorf, Germany

The hostel was great fun and very well layted out with alot of communal space

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

This hostel was one of the most fun hostels I have ever stayed in. Although not the nicest, the atmosphere, how sociable it was really compensated. Everyone really got involved during my stay and I met so many new people - stay here for a weekend away!

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

This is a standard hostel, it was nice to have a free breakfast in the morning though!

Believe-it-or-Not

Vienna, Austria

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. I made friends here, it was more like staying in an apartment together with other travellers -I will always have fond memories of Vienna thanks to this place :)

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

A hostel in an ex communist block, it was distinctly average!