Reviews: rafspider

Location Brazil, Gender Female, Age 51

Freeborn Hostel, Timisoara, Romania
23rd Jul 2016

Unbeatable location in the center of Timisoara. Very well decorated rooms and the owners of Freeborn Hostel are lovely. Could not be happier with my decision of staying there. :)

Kismet Dao Hostel, Brasov, Romania
19th Jul 2016

Kismet Dao is a very good hostel with a perfect location in Brasov. The staff members are nice and helpful and our private room fulfilled our expectations. The only problem was that I was bitten, probably on my bed, by some kind of insect, and the allergic reaction was bad. Can be from the lovely dog that is always there, can be some kind of bed bug brought to the hostel by someone using a sleeping bag, I really do not know, but it is something they should keep a good eye on.

HOMEproject, Bucharest, Romania
16th Jul 2016

Flawless, beautiful, lovely. Probably the best hostel experience I have ever had in my traveling life. Uca is adorable and she keeps her place with love, and that is surely the reason Home Project Hostel has got a perfect name, because you will definitely feel at home there. :)

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
14th Jul 2016

Very lovely hostel in a very lovely city. Everything was close to perfection, the only thing I will suggest is air-conditioners in the rooms, because summer in Veliko Tarnovo is almost unbearable. Out of that, thumbs up for Hostel Mostel VT!

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
11th Jul 2016

Hostel Mostel is a very good place to stay in Sofia, with a very good atmosphere, unlike the city of Sofia itself. The staff members are nice, our private room was pretty good, the only drawback was the incomplete kitchen, with no sink or stove, what made cooking or even preparing a simple coffee impossible. Out of that, we enjoyed staying there. Very spacious and ventilated room, and the beds were very comfy. Thumbs up for hostel Mostel!

Hostel Atlantik, Skopje, Macedonia
8th Jul 2016

Basically me and my friend had a fully equipped apartament for us in hostel Atlantik. Clean, cozy, perfect. And the owner of this place will do everything to help you out. We could not be happier for our choice. Will recommend Hostel Atlantik to everybody and if I return to Skopje one day, I will definitely stay there again.

Villa Saraj, Ohrid, Macedonia
6th Jul 2016

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in my traveling life. Our room had a balcony with an amazing view of Ohrid lake and the owners of Villa Saraj, especially Marija, are the sweetest people on earth. And all of this for only 10 euros per person per night. Unbeatable!

Propaganda Hostel, Tirana, Albania
2nd Jul 2016

Staying at Propaganda Hostel was a mix of feelings to me. Our room was good enough, spacious, good beds, decent bathroom. The comunist theme seemed nice in the beginning, but a little creepy in the end. Tirana is too hot in the summer, so air conditioners in the room would be fine, especially with the mosquitoes that will surely visit you during the night. The breakfast is not good at all, forget it. The staff is nice and the location is perfect, though.

Hostel Han, Pristina, Kosovo
29th Jun 2016

Hostel Han is excepcionally well located in the heart of MotherTeresa Boulevard. Our room was spacious, the mattresses were super comfy, the staff were nice and the breakfast ok. Me and friend were a little disappointed with the out of order elevator though, and climbing up the stairs with our luggage wasn't something enjoyable to do. I was also not happy with the cleanliness of the place. Summing up, Hostel Han is a very good option in Pristina, and I would stay there again.

Hostel Goodnight Grooves, Belgrade, Serbia
26th Jun 2016

Hostel Goodnight Grooves may not be the fanciest hostel in Beogrado, but I really felt at home and very well taken care by their fantastic staff. My special thanks go to Hana, the sweetest girl on earth. I would definitely stay there again.

Schilling Hostel Patagonico, El Calafate, Argentina
10th Jan 2016

A great place to stay in El Calafate that looks like a hotel, just two blocks away from the bus station, and one block away from a supermarket. The staff is great, our room was perfect, and the breakfast good enough, just missed the traditional medias lunas in it. :) Would definitely stay there again!

YaganHouse, Puerto Natales, Chile
8.0
4th Jan 2016

I confess I was a little bit disappointed by this hostel, since there are so many nice reviews about it. Our private bedroom was just ok. The bed was great, but too small and not a single place for storage, and it was right next to the stairs that would take people to the rooms on the first floor, in other words, it was incredibly noisy. Not mentioning the people talking loudly after 11:00 pm without any concerns about those who wanted to sleep. Wouldn't stay there again.

Me sorprende que se quedaron tantas noches y sin embargo les pareció tan malo nuestro Hostel, encuentro inconsecuente de su parte y muy masoquistas por aguantar tantas noches en un lugar tan incomodo como ustedes dicen...podrían haber conversado el tema con nosotros y sin ni un problema les hubiésemos devuelto su deposito y buscado un hotel, creo que les hubiese acomodado mas. Nos gusta trabajar para gente que está cómoda con buena energía y feliz, y no esta demás agregar que los hostales se caracterizan por ser ruidosos en el día, ya que a la gente agradable le gusta conversar y compartir, asi es nuestro Hostel, amistoso, alegre y relajado...que tenga un buen día!

Hostal Kloketen, Punta Arenas, Chile
2nd Jan 2016

Hostal Kloketen may not look like a hostel at first sight, and it's not. It's a family home, and they have rooms for travelers to sleep in. Me and my boyfriend felt very welcomed by Silvana and her husband, and they will do everything they can to help you out. Our private room was awesome, with a very comfy bed, a TV and even a bathtub. We couldn't have asked for more. The breakfast is good enough and Silvana can prepare your meals for a very decent price. Would definitely stay there again.

La Posta Hostel and Apart, Ushuaia, Argentina
27th Dec 2015

The only drawback about this hostel is the location (a little bit far from the city center); I simply loved everything else about it. Very spacious room, one of the best breakfasts I've tried during my years of traveling (I miss those medias lunas every single day!) and the staff members are a real bonus. They are super sweet, smiley and helpful and will really do everything they can to help you out. Would definitely stay there again!

Hostel Bambu Mini, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
26th Dec 2015

This hostel has a great location, only 3 blocks away from the bus station, the staff members are sweet and our room was decent enough. Didn't have time to taste their breakfast but most people said it was really good. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay in Puerto Iguazu.

Canadiana Backpackers Inn, Toronto, Canada
27th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a very good location. The staff was friendly, our room was clean enough, but the breakfast was very poor, kind of disappointing. Would stay there again anyway.

HI-Calgary City Centre, Calgary, Canada
24th Jul 2015

One of the best HI Hostels I've stayed. Loved every single thing about it. Not all the staff members were always willing to help us, but, would stay there again without hesitating. All my thumbs up for HI Calgary City Centre.

Samesun Banff, Banff, Canada
6.9
21st Jul 2015

Pros: Good location, spacious dorm room with excellent bathroom. Cons: Definitely not a place for anyone over 40. Basically a party hostel with noisy and messy guests. Would not stay there again.

18th Jul 2015

Lovely couple, lovely kid, lovely dog, lovely place. It really feels like home and we simply loved it. Would stay there again without any hesitation.

HI-Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver, Canada
11th Jul 2015

Very nice and clean hostel in a very convenient location. Some staff members are great (others not that much), the free breakfast is quite good and our private room with shared bathrooom was spacious (with a sink, awesome!) and the beds in it very, very comfy. Would stay there again for sure.

8th Jul 2015

The location of this hostel is super, breakfast is decent and staff is ok. But in my opinion a place with too many people tends to be impersonal, and Auberge Internationale de Quebec is not different. And despite of the huge size of our private room, our mattresses were horrible, they definitely have to be thrown away.

Le Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal, Montreal, Canada
5th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff is super and the atmosphere is great. I was a bit disapppointed with my private room, though. I found it a little old and wasted, and the lack of ventilation made me and friend feel a little uncomfortable, but I would stay there again if I had the chance.

Hi. Thank you for sharing your experience at the Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal. It was a real pleasure having you. Come back whenever you want.

1st Jul 2015

I absolutely loved Barefoot Hostel. I felt at home the moment I stepped inside of it. Would definitely stay there again. :)

Planet Traveler Hostel, Toronto, Canada
7.4
28th Jun 2015

The stay at Planet Traveler was just ok to me. The location of the hostel is pretty good (in a quiet neighborhood), the staff is nice, the bed is comfy and the breakfast is well served. Have to say that the cleanliness of the place disappointed me though, especially the kitchen. The two microwaves were absolutely filthy and they weren't cleaned at all during the three nights I spent there, and I would say the same about the stove. Would try somewhere else next time in Toronto.

Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
23rd Jul 2014

In a few words Amber Tree is a perfect place to stay in Cape Town. We adored it!

Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
21st Jul 2014

The hostel is very well located and the staff is very nice, but our room was not the cleanest and it smelt a bit strange. But overall it's a good place to stay.

16th Jul 2014

Probably the most spacious and stylish hostel I've ever been. Everything and everywhere in it is so full of fancy details of decoration that touring around the place was kind of compulsory to me and friend. Loved it!

Mbizi Backpackers Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
29th Jun 2014

I literally felt at home in Mbizi and Patrick will do his best to make it happen. I'm very glad I decided to stay in his stablishment and I would definitely stay there again.

Rainbow Apartments 3, Krakow, Poland
29th Jul 2013

Not the very best location, but in a whole this is an excellent option in Krakow. Would definitely stay there again!

Apple Hostel Moscow, Moscow, Russia
6.9
23rd Jul 2013

This hostel is well located, my bed was a good one and the girls at the reception are very friendly. Unfortunately this is what I liked about it. Too many people in such a small place, not much space for guests in any room, bathrooms and restrooms were always busy, in 6 days me and friend could only use the hostel kitchen once because it was always crowded and noisy and despite of the friendliness of the girls at the reception they didn't seem to know much about the city in a whole.

Soul Kitchen, St Petersburg, Russia
17th Jul 2013

I simply have no words to describe this place because it is beyond perfection. The funky decoration, the spacious rooms, the cleanliness, all the smiles and accurate information we can get from the lovely girls at the reception, the international calls for free, etc, etc. I have never been that spoilt in a hostel before, but Soul Kitchen Junior made me feel that way in the moment me and friend stepped in. Would definitely go back!

GIDIC Backpackers, Tallinn, Estonia
13th Jul 2013

I cannot complain about anything in this hostel, except the cleanliness in some parts of the hostel, especially in the kitchen. Out of this, I loved the way we were treated, all the useful information me and my friend got and the good location of Gidic Backpackers. Would definitely stay there again!

Riga Hostel, Riga, Latvia
10th Jul 2013

Very cozy hostel in the very heart of Riga, just a few steps from the Old Town and next to train and bus station. Could not have asked for more.

Home Made House/Hostel, Vilnius, Lithuania
7th Jul 2013

Excellent place to stay and make friends. I am very happy I booked this hostel to stay in Vilnius and will definitely recommend it to everybody coming to this beautiful city. My thumbs up for it! :)

Fest Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
3rd Jul 2013

Simply loved this place and would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it!

Rainbow Apartments 3, Krakow, Poland
30th Jun 2013

The building where Rainbow Apartments 3 is located can scare you at first, but once we step in you get completely overwhelmed. The apartment is super and its bathroom + shower is the best I have tried on my trips. Overall, I highly recommend it!

Gordon Inn, Tel Aviv, Israel
27th Jul 2012

Abbasi Palace Hotel, Amman, Jordan
24th Jul 2012

The old town of Amman is dirty and noisy, but the staff at this hostel made us feel at home almost immediately. They invited us to have dinner with them 2 nights, they gave us bottles of water everyday and didn't charge a penny for them, and always greeted us with a big smile on their faces. I can say with all my traveling experience that this is best hostel staff I've ever met.

Saba'a Hotel, Petra, Jordan
22nd Jul 2012

Very nice place, just a five minute walk from the main bus station and a 10 minute walk to Petra Visitor Center. Gail is a lovely person and treated us sweetly. The rooms are very good and the breakfast is pretty decent. I definitely recommend it!

Bedouin Lifestyle Camp, wadi Rum, Jordan
21st Jul 2012

One of the best experiences me and friend have ever had during our trips. Wadi Rum is amazing, and so is this camp and its staff. We loved every single minute we spend there! And what a delicious dinner, wow!!!

19th Jul 2012

The hostel is 12 kms away from Aqaba Center, but if you want to relax from the noise and enjoy the beauty of the Red Sea with tranquility, that's the place to be. Very nice staff, very good food for a pretty reasonable price. I definitely recommend it!

Thank you, Dear. Hope to serve you better next time

HI Eilat, Eilat, Israel
17th Jul 2012

Wonderful location, right in the center of Eilat. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfy. The only complaint would be about the heat during summer time, but that's not their fault. :-)

HI Massada, Dead Sea, Israel
15th Jul 2012

Amazing location, right next to Masada National Park. From there it's very easy to spend a day relaxing at the Dead Sea. Great rooms and an excellent breakfast. Staff is very willing to help with any doubt you may have. I highly recommend it.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
11th Jul 2012

Excellent location, good staff, good breakfast. The rooms could have a little bit more space, but they are ok. I would stay there again.

Loui M Apartments, Haifa, Israel
5th Jul 2012

Very nice staff, very well-equipped apartments. A little bit far from the main touristic sites, but pretty easy to get to them from the hostel. I definitely recommend Loui M apartments for anyone heading to Haifa.

Gordon Inn, Tel Aviv, Israel
2nd Jul 2012

Excellent location, staff is ok, breakfast is also ok if you like salad in the morning. The bedrooms and restrooms on the ground floor are way better than the ones on the first floor. I think the hostel is a little pricey for the things it offers, but I would stay there again.

Goodnight Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
29th Jul 2011

There are not enough words to describe how well we felt in this hostel. Very beautifully decorated, wonderfully located and the friendliest staff we've found. Honestly, the funniest place we've stayed. Loved it!

24th Jul 2011

We were welcomed with a big smile by Felix at 1 am when we arrived and from that moment on we knew our stay in Times Hostel would be great. And so was it. Very nice and spacious room, very good breakfast and very helpful staff. Once again, a million thanks to Felix.

15th Jul 2011

Guesthouse Casa Pombal, Coimbra, Portugal
9th Jul 2011

The Dutch ladies are very sweet and welcomed us with big smiles and lots of information about Coimbra. Our room was flawless, full of little details that made a huge difference, such as a sink inside the room and bathrobes . The breakfast was the best we had in our journey.

Old Evora, Evora, Portugal
6th Jul 2011

The best hostel I've stayed, the best host I've found in all my journeys around the world. Pedro, we'll never be able to thank you enough for the lovely days we spend in your place. Cheers from Brazil!

4th Jul 2011

Our room was cute, and the staff very friendly. The terrace on the top floor is a plus. I'd definitely stay there again!

Gold Coast, Lagos, Portugal
9.0
29th Jun 2011

The location is great, the staff is perfect, the only problem was that our private room was next to the terrace where 99% of the guests got together before the night out. In other words, it was very noisy. But we could survive, and the history classes we had with Artur were priceless.

29th Jul 2010

Just perfect!

Zeppelin Hostel, Ljubljana, Slovenia
24th Jul 2010

Excellent hostel!

Hostel City Center Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
21st Jul 2010

The apartment we stayed in was very nice and quiet, the staff in the hostel very helpful and funny (special thanks to Asim) and a good breakfast. The only complaint is the bed we slept in the last night in the twin bed room in the hostel. That was hell! But, if you can survive that, I highly recommend this place. :o)

Hostel Magdalena-Lena, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
20th Jul 2010

With a girl like Lena running the hostel there is no other word to describe the place than perfect!

Anna Guesthouse, Dubrovnik, Croatia
15th Jul 2010

Very nice quiet place, not far from the public transportation that can take you anywhere you want easily and fast. Stjepo (or something like that,hehehe)is nuts, but one the nicest guys we met along the way.:o) And he even drove us to the bus station the day we left Dubrovnik. Priceless!

Hobo Bear Hostel, Zagreb, Croatia
10th Jul 2010

Excellent hostel with the best apartaments we have stayed in and the nicest staff of all the places we have visited. Good job guys! :o)

Boomerang Hostel & Apartments, Budapest, Hungary
5th Jul 2010

We loved the apartment we stayed in, but we missed a good mirror in it. :o)

Hostel Possonium, Bratislava, Slovakia
30th Jun 2010

Cute little hostel, nice bar, a lovely dog, very helpful staff and an excellent breakfast.

Thank you very much for this wonderful rating. It�s a big honour for us to be rated so good by such nice ladies. Hope you already plan your next trip to Bratislava. No question where you�d stay :)

Believe-it-or-Not, Vienna, Austria
27th Jun 2010

Excellent hostel!

• Brazil,
Athenstyle, Athens, Greece
23rd Jul 2009

This hostel is flawless. Will recommend it to everybody!

• Brazil,
Sultan Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
8.7
3rd Jul 2009

Our quad room was too small, and no air conditioning in it as they mention in their website. And it was noisy as well. The staff and location were very nice though.

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen, Amsterdam, Netherlands