The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The facilities are comprehensive, from personal locker in the room, desktop, the pool (I didn't get to use this since I came in the winter), ATM, to postal service. Staff were helpful and very efficient. There are small nice things, such as a trash can for organic waste in the kitchen, or a basket with a few balls of wool next to the firework so you could knit a (part of a) scarf to donate.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Vietnam

Thanks for your kind comments Ha and we are so happy you noticed the wool!!! To date we have knitted over 300 blankets and now we are onto scarves as a special request from Baphumelele - please know that your fun time by the fire will soon end up keeping a young child warm! we really appreciate this. Hope you will be back. Kind regards The Backpack Team

Zebra Crossing

Cape Town, South Africa

I stayed for only one night and enjoyed my time immensely. The hostel is pretty and charming. The staff were helpful. Communication via email was fast and efficient. The cafe was a nice thing in case you don't want to go out. Bonus: you have the company of a black cat from a hostel next door who hangs around in a room or the common area all the time.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Vietnam

Bed Bangkok Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Our taxi driver had some difficulty finding the address, but finally we arrived. It was a little noisy even at night because the hostel is located quite near the main road. Anyway, I enjoyed the stay at the hostel a lot. Loved the fresh flowers and the fluffy rabbit.

Backpackers Travellers Inn