Reviews: alexmottern

• USA, Female, 25-30
KEX Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
7.7
28th Aug 2015

It would be great for the staff to let you know, upon check in, that (1) you'll need another key with a 1000 isk deposit to use the lockers and that (2) half plugs and the ceiling lights in your room do not work and are (or are not) being fixed. I stayed for 4 days and the lights were never fixed but they knew of the issue. Hm. Had to charge my phone and kindle across the room which made me uncomfortable. Get the breakfast and take lunch/dinner with you.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
Posada San Francisco, San Juan, Puerto Rico
5.4
24th May 2015

the person who checked me in did not know anything about the area and when I asked about parking she has no idea where it was available or for how much and how long. I was told parking was nearby and free. not so, we had to pay $16 and would have picked another hostel.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
Moon Light Bay Hostel, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
5.4
22nd May 2015

there are not a lot of things to do in the immediate area, which led my friend and I to question the location. our door never closed unless you pulled it, and the other people in the dorm didnt. the front door wasn't locked at night either. the staff were great though!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San, Bangkok, Thailand

• USA, Couple, 25-30
Fernloft KL @ Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8.0
1st Aug 2013

We were in a private room and had air conditioning which was fantastic! The bathrooms and common areas were always clean. The map they give you is not the best (we were given a better one at KLCC and saw the same one at the Art Gallery). I asked the staff to help me find a restaurant and she said 'go out and turn left and walk a bit', 'can you show me on the map?' 'it's just over there' 'I'm not going now...' 'it's around the corner'. Not very helpful. (we found it later anyway)

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Backpackers INSIDE, Seoul, South Korea
17th May 2013

2nd time here and it's still fantastic! The staff know all the answers to every question and if they don't they'll look it up super fast. They give you many maps when you show up and have many flyers if you don't have plans.

JGH Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
6.9
9th Feb 2013

There are notes left from happy customers who say how friendly the staff are, but when I got in they gave me the standard run down and then seemed to be hiding for the rest of the time I was there. I was told to talk to the owner if I wanted to know anything other than the standard intro.... There are also notes saying why things are a certain way including for the last person in to lock the door--how do you know if youre last in? I left at 415am and the door was unlocked. Rooms are freezing.

Backpackers INSIDE, Seoul, South Korea
22nd Dec 2012

Comfy bedds, friendly and informative staff, lots of free food and free shampoo that others have left, and a mini-drink shop. The location is good for the palaces and downtown seoul, but its a bit far from the subway for my likes (5 min)

EastSeven Berlin Hostel, Berlin, Germany
2nd May 2012

Great price, great location, helpful staff, clean rooms BUT no free breakfast or free internet. When someone can go online and look up all the stats for a room I expect to see all these things and then judge based on price and location of what I want to do in the city, but the price and location here did make up for the no breakfast and no free internet. Neither are too expensive, but the breakfast is only bread and cereal if you pay for it. They do have coupons for a place down the street too.

Hostel Mango, Prague, Czech Republic
7.1
30th Apr 2012

The staff sometimes did not know what I was looking for or how to get there and I feel like they should have cared more and looked it up on the computer. Also, I thought at first that they did not give out maps because the person who checked me in said nothing about the rip-off maps in front of her, and drew directions for me on it and then did not give it to me. There was no light in the bathroom of my room (34). However, it is a great location and I would probably stay here again for that.

Atlantic Point Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
2nd Sep 2011

I walked here from the hop on, hop off and it was not far at all. Staff were nice and the place was as clean as could be with nice beds and a really big kitchen.

Livingstone Backpackers, Livingstone, Zambia
10th Aug 2011

This hostel has a great pool and camp area (grass, not dirt!) and a climbing wall! A taxi to the falls is only 10 usd (1 to 7 on the South African Rand and 1 to 5000 on Zambia Kwacha 5 Sept 2011), and there is a bus that will take you at 10am, but I feel that they should run more often. I did have one big issue as well that I don't have room to put, but some of the staff might lie to your face for no apparent reason (told me they called, asked the driver, they did not).

Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
9th Aug 2011

I had an overnight layover in Jo'berg and was looking for hostels that would pick me up and bring me back and I'm glad I picked this one! They did not find me the first time at the airport and came back a second time--I thought I would have been told to take a taxi. Free breakfast in the morning, including (at least on the day I was there) French press coffee. Everyone was really friendly and super nice.

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
9.3
2nd May 2011

Upgraded us for free to a private room and have staff at the desk 24 hours a day (which I great when you have to leave to catch the 4:30am bus to Prestwick airport!). The staff were very helpful in assisting us find things that were not on the map in the lobby as well.

Lucky Lake Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
9.0
20th Apr 2011

Directions are a bit confusing now that construction is happening at the train station. However, the hostel is still great because its a nice break from the craziness of Amsterdam

Kinlay House Cork, Cork, Ireland