Location: New Zealand, Gender: Male, Age: 33

Backpackers @ Uni Hall

Christchurch, New Zealand

It's a student residence instead of a hostel. But very good location. Walking distance to Bush Inn Shopping Mall (10-15min) and Riccarton Westfield (35min). Very clean and tidy. Wifi works surprisingly well. At the moment it's better off staying close to Riccarton rather than to the city centre.

• 29th Nov 2013

Exford Hotel

Melbourne, Australia

One of the cheapest hostel at a very good location (Chinatown). Beds are surprisingly comfortable. Bathrooms are very clean. I wish there's a proper hostel reception so I don't need to talk to the bar staff everytime I need something. Staff are generally nice, with one or two being less friendly. Would be better if they could give drink discount to guests. You do have to pay for Wifi and it's not cheap ($10 for a day) but should be able to get it for free if you stay for about a week.Better chk.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi Kevin, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All guests are entitled to a 10% discount on drinks and pizzas in both the main bar and the Wintergarden Room on presentation of their room card. WiFi is free for all weekly stays, otherwise there is a small charge involved for hourly, daily and weekly usage. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in Melbourne

Bed & Chai

New Delhi, India

It's more expensive than other hostels but I think it's totally worth it. Located at a pretty nice and safe neighbourhood. Only walking distance to Nehru Place (metro station, shopping centre). Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean. I'd totally recommend this hostel.

• 21st Nov 2013

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

Nice guesthouse located near to the train station (it's even walking distance but might be easier to take tuk tuk if you come for the first time). Staff are nice. Very lovely rooftop where you can hang out with other travelers. You can order drinks there as well. Rooms are very clean. I'd recommend this hostel.

• 19th Nov 2013

Krishna Hostel

Agra, India

The hostel (it's more like a guesthouse) is good. Even though it's arguably walking distance to Tah Mahal it's still far from other shops.It would be good if they serve meals with proper menu. The neighborhood seems pretty safe. I did have hot water problem in my room and thought it had been fixed but it wasn't the case. Wifi was good though.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Great hostel. Walking distance to the train station. Asish and his staff are very lovely people. I'm grateful for their hospitality. Highly recommended.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kevin. It was an absolute pleasure to host you here, and what's even more delighting to know is that you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you around! ~ Ashish

Hotel Diamond Suites

Kolkata, India

When I first arrived at Diamond Suites (taxi driver was having real problem trying to find it), the staff actually escorted me to another hotel nearby called Flavours Inn. So I assumed I had got bumped to a different hotel. Flavours Inn was ok. Not the best, or the worst. I wouldn't say the location was the best. You're still better off staying somewhere at Sudder Street. Staff weren't particularly helpful either. I moved to another hotel in Sudder Street after just two nights.

• 26th Oct 2013

Backpackers@SG

Singapore, Singapore

Nice hostel. Very near to metro station as well as food courts. Staff are friendly. Would recommend this hostel.

• 21st Oct 2013

Saigon Mini Hotel 5

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Good hotel. Nice staff. And they served good breakfast. The room that I stayed seemed to have bedbug problem as I found one on my bed. Have emailed it to the hotel staff so hopefully they have done something about it. The hotel is located at the backpacker street which is walking distance to the bus station. If you came from Cambodia then do not listen to any taxi driver at the bus station as they'll persuade you that the hotel is miles away and take you for a long ride.

• 8th Sep 2013

Me Mates Villa

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice hostel. Very good breakfast and smoothies. Rooms are very clean. Location is very good. Walking distance to the riverside. Staff are very friendly. I'd recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Sep 2013

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Excellent hostel. Very good location. Nice atmosphere. Good breakfast menu. I also met many nice people there. I absolutely enjoyed my stay there. The only thing would be the tap water as it does have a very funny taste to it (rust). Hopefully they can do something about that.

• 31st Aug 2013

Kanravee Guesthouse

Pai, Thailand

The guesthouse is nice. Very simple. Would be good for a long term stay. The staff however are not always easily approachable as they all have their day time job. But they are friendly. It's about 7 to 10 min walk to the town. The facility could be better. Overall I didn't have any problem during my stay.

• 26th Aug 2013

Eco Resort Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hotel. You do need to take a tuk tuk to get to here from both the train station and the centre, but what makes it worth it is the impeccable swimming pool. Breakfast is ok...but don't miss out the little Thai restaurant located right opposite the front gate. It serves really good Thai food. Staff are friendly and rooms are spotless. I really enjoyed my stay. Would love to come back.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

The hotel wasn't the most impressive. The bathroom wasn't very clean. In fact the toilet bowl was falling apart. Good location though, walking distance to the restaurants (not that the town was that big) and bus station, as well as Petra. Staff were nice. But again would be much better if the place could be cleaner.

• 13th Aug 2013

The Green Backpackers

Mitzpe Ramon, Israel

On the day I checked in the hostel was moving location, therefore things were a little bit chaotic. Having said that the room was very clean and tidy. And the staff (at that time they were mainly volunteers) were extremely friendly. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 12th Aug 2013

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

Very nice hostel. The place was huge. Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable. Walking distance to the old town. Very popular with travelers.

• 6th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

This family run hostel has got a very nice view. It's about 10 to 15 min walk from the town. The owner was very friendly and helpful (he even gave me a lift). The rooms are very nice and clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 29th Jun 2013

Killarney Railway Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

The hostel isn't bad. But it feels more like a hikers lodge than a hostel. The first night I stayed the bed sheets didn't seem to be too clean. The staff were nice. And the location was good. And the kitchen was huge. I'm quite happy with this hostel.

• 27th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel. Right opposite the train station. But a bit further away from town and bus station (but it's still a walkable distance). The lady is very nice. However you can't check in between 2-4pm which could be inconvenient. Apart from that I'm happy with this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2013

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This is a unique hostel. It's huge. It's got a good location (very close to bus stop). And staff were nice. However the 2 euro charge for locker cage per day may annoy me a bit. The bathroom is ok, not the cleanest. The dorm room is good though. The common area is big but you probably will be forced to mingle a little bit.

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your review. We do like our guests to mingle and we are known throughout the world for being the best hostel to meet other backpackers and make friends.

Bed´nBudget Hostel Hannover

Hannover, Germany

I have to say the big dorm room is surprisingly well designed and every bed has its own privacy. You won't have much privacy in the shower room but it doesn't worry me too much. They also have a nice kitchen. My concern would be the staff at the reception as they probably wouldn't treat you as nice as the actual "hotel" guests. I guess as far as they are concerned all backpackers are second class.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

This was the second time I stayed at this hostel and I still loved it very much. Excellent staff. Excellent cafe. Very clean and nice rooms.

• 10th Jun 2013

Central Station Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's one of the cheapest hostel with a good location so you couldn't really expect too much. Rooms are reasonably clean and spacious. Probably the only thing is that they don't have a kitchen or a spare toilet.

• 2nd Jun 2013

Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

Even though you have to check in at a different place I'd still recommend this hostel simply because of the perfect location. Staff are helpful and the facilities are good (with a decent kitchen).

• 27th May 2013
  • New Zealand

It's a bit steep. But I love this hostel very much. Especially the cafe on ground floor. Being able to sit at the cafe all day is a blessing. The staff are also very very friendly. Would love to stay here again.

• 23rd May 2013
  • New Zealand

This was the second time I stayed at this hostel and I still enjoyed my stay very much. Very well designed bunk beds. Rooms are very nice and clean. It would be good if they could have a kitchen where you were actually able to cook.

• 20th May 2013
  • New Zealand

I like this hostel very much. Not far from the train/bus station. Only problem is that it's kind of inside the red light district but it's still safe enough. It's not cheap, but I find the rooms very nice and the beds are very comfy. The staff are also very nice. The other thing is the kitchen. They have one but you can't really cook there (there is no stoves). But I'd definitely come back to this hostel if I stay in Frankfurt again.

• 9th May 2013
  • New Zealand

The hostel is nice, like many other YHA hostels. Location is fairly ok. It's walking distance to Potsdam Square. Staff are very nice and helpful. However it'd be good if there was a guest kitchen. This is the cheapest hostel in Berlin and I wouldn't have problem recommending it.

• 5th May 2013

Roller Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Great hostel. Very good location (close to bus/train station and old town). Staff are very helpful and friendly. Would definitely come back. Highly recommended.

• 29th Apr 2013

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Very nice hostel. Helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• 27th Apr 2013
  • New Zealand

Thank you, we are very glad, that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel, hope to see you next time.

Celica Art Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Very nice hostel. Close to the old town and train station. Kitchen might be a bit small. Still, highly recommended.

• 21st Apr 2013

The Wild Fig Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

Nice hostel. Very friendly staff. I especially like the kitchen, which is spacious.

• 13th Apr 2013

Split Backpackers

Split, Croatia

I loved this hostel very much. Neno (the owner, who looks like Gerard Dipardieu :)) is a very lovely guy. This hostel also got an excellent location. Very close to the bus/train station and the old town. It'd be better if there's a proper kitchen for cooking. Apart from that, I highly recommend this hostel.

• 9th Apr 2013
  • New Zealand

This hostel is fine, I just find it a bit surreal (like one of those featured in an American TV show). The price does seem a bit steep, but this is Dubrovnik. Staff are nice. Toilets are clean. Have nothing to complain.

• 8th Apr 2013
  • New Zealand

This comment has got us scratching our heads a bit as we are trying to figure out what was surreal like American TV... Finding Tyrion Lannister passed out on our couch could be surreal but that was last year. And they just filmed some funny Ukrainian reality television program but you had already left. Glad that you stayed with us and enjoyed Dubrovnik. Thanks for the koan;)

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Excellent hostel. Reminds me that good hostels don't depend on facilities but also the staff. Miren was extremely hospitable. I also highly recommend the tours organised by him. Would definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Apr 2013

Tito46

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is a good hostel with good location. Staff are ok, but I find the cleaning lady much more charming. Rates are cheap. Facilities are good. Would come stay here again.

• 1st Apr 2013

Hostel Enjoy

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

To me this is more like a guesthouse than a hostel. There's no kitchen. And the hot water is pretty limited (barely enough for two people and the water won't be heated up until next morning). Location is good enough as it's close to the train and bus station (but instructions on this site could be written clearly). Jasmina was hospitable. She'd pick you up, treat you to breakfast, bake you a cake. But sometimes I could find her overbearing (reminds me of Marie from Everybody loves Raymond).

• 27th Mar 2013

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

This hostel got a good location (3 min walk from train station, 10 min from town centre). The common room might be a little bit small so it can be pretty crowded sometimes. Staff are helpful. I would stay there again.

• 24th Mar 2013

Nap Hostel Pecs

Pecs, Hungary

This is a good hostel. Even though it's not the most modern but it does have certain character. Staff are helpful. I do like the cafe bar downstairs.

• 23rd Mar 2013

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

Excellent hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. And very good facilities. Rooms are very clean. Good location (right in the centre of Pest). I highly recommend it :)

• 22nd Mar 2013

Colors Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This is a fine hostel. Good location with good rates. The staff are helpful, but could be a bit more keen when greeting guests. Apart from that, nothing to complain.

• 19th Mar 2013

Sibiu Travellers Hostel

Sibiu, Romania

A very nice hostel. Very close to the train/bus station so to me that's always a plus. The owner was very friendly. There's a fully equiped kitchen. Beds are very comfy. I very much recommend this hostel.

• 9th Mar 2013

Gabriel Hostel

Brasov, Romania

A very nice hostel. The staff are very helpful and hospitable. There could be quite a lot of rules to follow but to me it's not a big problem. It takes about 15 min walk to the town centre but it was a fairly nice walk.

• 6th Mar 2013

Burg Hostel

Sighisoara, Romania

The hostel was good. It has a good location. I wouldn't say it was a memorable stay compared to other hostels in Transylvania. But there aren't that many hostels in Sighisoara so I'd still recommend it.

• 5th Mar 2013

Freeborn Hostel

Timisoara, Romania

very nice hostel. Good location. Very friendly staff. Would highly recommend.

• 3rd Mar 2013

Hostel Han

Pristina, Kosovo

Very nice hostel. Very hospitable staff. I highly recommend it.

• 15th Feb 2013

City Hostel Prizren

Prizren, Kosovo

I had an excellent stay at this hostel. Geldim the owner was very friendly and hospitable. He even offered to show me around. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 13th Feb 2013

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

Very nice hostel. The owner was very friendly and hospitable. Good location. Would highly recommend.

• 8th Feb 2013

Shanti-Hostel

Skopje, Macedonia

Very nice location. Very clean. Staff are friendly and hospitable. Would highly recommend.

• 6th Feb 2013

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Extremely friendly and hospitable staff. Good facility. I especially enjoyed the strong and hot shower :)

• 4th Feb 2013

The Penthouse Crib

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Excellent hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed. Highly recommended. I would also strongly recommend that you try their dinner for a very cheap price.

• 2nd Feb 2013

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Very nice hostel. Good location. Very nice staff, especially Mohammed. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 15th Jan 2013

Hostel Anzac House

Canakkale, Turkey

Good hostel. Very good location. Nice staff. Would recommend.

• 13th Jan 2013

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

Excellent hostel. Excellent staff. Would recommend highly.

• 10th Jan 2013

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Great hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed. The staff are awesome. Highly recommended.

• 9th Dec 2012

Casa Di Alfredo

Siena, Italy

This is the cheapest B&B I could find in Siena since there is no hostel. It is ok.The only thing is the host.She's not that easy to reach.Also I don't find her very friendly and helpful.Language is definitely a barrier.To reach the premise,once you left the train station you'll see a shopping mall at the front, go in there and take the long escalator all the way to the top.Once you reach the main road then turn left and walk straight ahead.At the end of it turn left again and you'll reach it.

• 20th Nov 2012
  • New Zealand

There's nothing wrong with this hostel. It's very very basic -- pretty much just doms, bathrooms and a microwave. To me it was perfect though. It's very cheap, very close to the train station, very clean, staff are helpful. For the price you pay you really can't ask for more. Some people wrote some rather negative comments and I personally think they should just grow up.

• 18th Nov 2012

Milan Hostel Emmy

Milan, Italy

The hostel was ok.Wouldn't say it's the best.The rate was pretty cheap,but would be better if they just included the linen rental rate in the price.The bed was comfy.The lady was charming.It was reasonably clean.Not exactly located in the central but close enough to one of the metro stations. There is no kitchen, but couple of cheap takeaways nearby plus a supermarket.However my concern is that there's just one bathroom for the whole floor, not sure how is that going to work out when it is full.

• 11th Nov 2012

AlpLodge / BackPackers Interlaken

Interlaken, Switzerland

A very nice hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very nice kitchen. And a very cool common room with an amazing view. I have no problem to recommend this hostel.

• 8th Nov 2012
  • New Zealand

This is a very nice hostel, with very friendly staff, very good facilities, very good location. I have no problem to recommend this hostel.

• 7th Nov 2012
  • New Zealand

This is a very good hostel. Facilities are excellent (Free films, computers, laundry, free coffee/tea, bar and restaurant). Very helpful staff and they seek to make your stay comfortable. The only downside is that this is a party hostel. And my room is just right above the bar so the noise is a bit too much. But if you love partying then yes this hostel would be a very good choice.

• 26th Oct 2012

Vertigo Centre

Marseille, France

It was a very enjoyable stay. Very good location. Staff are very polite and helpful. Very spacious rooms. The only thing is that it'd be better if the kitchen could be a bit more fully equiped.

• 24th Oct 2012

Auberge Bagatelle

Avignon, France

Probably not the most exciting hostel I've ever stayed. And the fact that we have to be out by 10am so the housekeeping can clean the room seems a bit annoying. It would also be better if there was a self catering kitchen. Apart from that it is clean, and have a good location.

• 21st Oct 2012
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comment, we have to clean the room by 10:00 as the check in starts at 10:30-11:00 am. So that the dormitory are correct when new occupants are arriving. Cordially

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel very much. However this hostel is different from many other hostels. It´s much less structured, and more informal, in the sense that you feel like you´re flatting with other flatmates rather than staying at a hostel. To me this can be a good thing, as this is a much more fun experience. Staff ( to me they´re more like flatmates) are very friendly and helpful. At the end of the day we´re all here to have fun. Open mindedness is the key. I´d recommend this hostel.

• 8th Oct 2012

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

Very good hostel. Staff are very willing to help. Excellent location. Just watch out for the key as it´s a bit tricky.

• 1st Oct 2012
  • New Zealand

Hey Kevin, How are u doing? We are glad that you did have a good time with us. seee uuu la posada

Funky Granada

Granada, Spain

Nice hostel. Very good location. Friendly staff.

• 28th Sep 2012
  • New Zealand

Hello Kevin. Thank you very much. Come visit us again!

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

Very nice building. And very very friendly staff. I definitely enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Highly recommended.

• 22nd Sep 2012

Urbany Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

Very good hostel. Don't really have much to complain. Facilities are good (kitchen, free wifi). I'd recommend this hostel.

• 7th Sep 2012

People Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The staff (especially Fabio) are amazing. Absolutely enjoyed my stay here. High recommended.

• 30th Aug 2012

Myosotis Oporto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Excellent hostel. Excellent location (close to metro station). The lady was very lovely. Really enjoyed my stay there. Definitely recommended to everyone.

• 26th Aug 2012

Princes Street Backpackers East

Edinburgh, Scotland

It does have an excellent location (just right opposite the train station). The rate is very cheap which is a bonus. The only concern would be security. Even though there are lockers inside the room the rooms themselves don't have locks. Therefore anyone can just walk into your room. But then I suppose the system works so far if this is how they have been doing it.

• 28th Sep 2011

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

A very good hostel. Friendly staff. Nice facilities. Clean rooms. Good location. Definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• 27th Apr 2011

YHA Penzance

Cornwall, England

YHA in England never disappoints. Even this one is located over 1 mile from the town centre it is still walking distance. However the Victorian style building is amazing. Very good facilities. The dorms are spacious. I had a very nice stay.

• 24th Apr 2011

St Christopher's Inn Newquay

Newquay, England

It does have a good location and very friendly staff, however I found the dorm rooms and the bathrooms very filthy. I also found it absurd that there were only two bathrooms in the whole premise and one of them the light wasn't even working. It did fail my expectation considering the fact that I had to pay £30 for a night. Don't think I'll stay there again.

• 23rd Apr 2011

Globe Backpackers Exeter

Exeter, England

Lovely hostel. Lovely staff. Good location. Definitely one of the best.

• 21st Apr 2011

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

A very standard YHA hostel. Excellent staff. Good location. The only thing would be the door in the hallway ( I stayed at the top floor). Everytime someone shuts it it makes such a loud noise, which isn't very nice at 7 in the morning. But apart from that a very good hostel.

• 2nd Jan 2011

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

This is the most interesting backpacker I've ever stayed in. The decoration is unorthodox, may look even a little bit creepy but it works! Love the idea of the pod room. Very friendly staff. The lounge is very cosy and comfortable. Love the fireplace and the project room. The only two things are that: 1) the kitchen is a bit too small. 2) the location -- even though is fairly close to the Bullring shopping centre and the bus station, it's located at the backstreet and it doesn't feel safe.

• 1st Jan 2011