Location: Philippines, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Pension Virgen de la Luz

Seville, Spain

Except for the lack of a lift, and the difficulty of climbing the very steep stairs going up to the rooms or to the open-space rooftop, and the lack of a kitchen/ mess hall, where you can cook and eat your meals (since breakfast/ meals are not included), My Over-All Stay in this hostel was EXCELLENT, and that, I WAS VERY SATISFIED. Definitely, A GREAT VALUE FOR THE ACTUAL PRICE YOU PAY. In fact, I will stay again in this hostel, if and when, I visit Beautiful SEVILLA again. You can't get enough.

• 29th Aug 2014

Mad4you Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Great Staff, especially the Cleaning Staff, and those in charge of the Breakfast/ Kitchen (CESAR and REY), they were very helpful, and service oriented! It's a nice hostel to chill out, with their wide screen TVs in the lobby and in the common room area. Definitely,Value for money. The actual Free Breakfast Menu can still be improved by adding HAM and CHEESE. :) It just needs to secure the hostel better. I observed that people from outside can easily pass thru the main door leading to the Patio.

• 9th Jul 2014

St Christopher's Greenwich

Save for the location, and for some minor inconveniences/ unexpected surprises, over-all, my stay was just fine. It took me at least 8 nights of stay, to really appreciate what this hostel can best offer you--- Value for Money (especially in the expensive city of London), and, Some Great and Very Helpful Staff (Special Mention to RICHARD)! It was also nice to discover GREENWICH, as you try to explore this part of London where this hostel is located, and to learn how to commute via NIGHT BUS.

• 28th Jun 2014

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I have stayed here in this hostel for at least thrice (3x) already. I am fairly satisfied with my stay. Whenever I will be in Madrid, I would prefer to stay here, especially with the good, central location, and the friendly and party atmosphere they have. I just hope they improve on their free buffet breakfast, by adding some ham and cheese, in order to give a sample taste of these foods, which Spain is known for. And to add some personal bed lights & curtains, for the mixed dorm accommodations.

• 17th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thank you so much for returning to us and we are so happy that you have enjoyed your stays here with us! Thank you for commenting on our breakfast, we will look into seeing how we can make it enjoyable for everyone and keep it free! As for the individual lights we are currently working on that for our larger rooms. We hope to see you again!

Antigallican Hotel

I cannot make any reviews here because I had to cancel my booking on the same day I was supposed to arrive in this hostel. I did not push thru with my trip here, at that time. I don't have any experience staying in this hostel. But since I'm "forced" by this website automatically to give a review by clicking on the "appropriate ratings", for now, I just have to give an "Average" Rating, since I really don't have any idea about this hostel, and just so to satisfy or comply with my record reviews.

• 12th Apr 2014

Sunny House Taipei

Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel is actually a home-y, private, furnished apartment with room double-deck beds, and ideal for young, light and budget-conscious travelers / back-packers, staying only for a few days. The owner is very friendly and helpful for all your practical needs. It was even nice of her to do an extra effort of washing my clothes at no extra charge. The only downside is the building has no elevators, and the hostel is in the 5th floor. Also, it can be hard to find since it has no big sign outside.

• 20th Dec 2013

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

The 4-Bed Mixed Dorm is too small for comfort. No personal lockers inside the rooms. Very inconvenient to rent extra lockers way downstairs if you are 6 floors up. One good thing there is the great party atmosphere in the bar lobby.

• 2nd Jul 2013

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Not a party hostel... Please see my previous review on this hostel, I already did one. Same comments as before.

• 28th Jun 2013

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Not a party hostel. Just a quiet, chillax type of hostel. Maybe hard to meet new friends or other hostel guests, as there are limitations on social areas

• 27th Jun 2013

Hostel Suomenlinna

Helsinki, Finland

Far from the city. You always need to take the ferry, to

• 21st Jun 2013

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Love the personal curtains, reading lights and large cage lockers underneath each bunker beds, which makes it secure for your stuff, and makes it possible for a good night's sleep. While, on the other hand, party atmosphere in social areas and bars downstairs, with large TVs and gaming area, which makes it easier to socialize and meet new people. Great hostel for budget travelers and back-packers. Helpful and friendly staff. Will definitely come back here whenever I'm in Berlin. Thanks!

• 18th Jun 2013

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great Hostel in Amsterdam! Love the party atmosphere! Will go back here whenever I'm in Amsterdam. Thanks! Cheers!!! :D

• 16th Jun 2013

Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great Hostel by the Beach! Great, friendly, cool staff! Party atmosphere, but a very homey atmosphere as well! Will go back here whenever possible. Thanks! Cheers!!! :D

• 15th Jun 2013

Amistat Beach Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Simply the BEST HOSTEL by the BEACH in BARCELONA. Many thanks to the Hardworking, Honest, Friendly and Helpful Staff of AMISTAT Beach Hostel (IVI, DAVID, KELLY, JESSICA... did I forget anyone? :) ) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED HOSTEL! It's the BEST I have ever stayed at, compared to others. I Love the BIG and SECURE personal lockers, very environmental-friendly and energy efficient facilities, personal lights, kitchen, common areas for meeting new people,etc. See you next month. I'LL BE BACK with friends.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Philippines

Thank you so much for the great review! It means a lot to us. All the staff here says hi :) See you soon! Amistat Crew

BBK Bilbao Good Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

I love the big personal lockers they provide for each bed/ person. Security for my personal stuff/ bags is very important for me whenever I stay in a Mixed or Group Room with other people. I like that they also have personal reading lights for each person/ bed. Very convenient. However, I don't like their location---far from the city center and that you still need to take the Metro, which adds up to your daily costs. It's very inconvenient. But still, I recommend this BBK Good Hostel in Bilbao.

• 1st Jun 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

No Name City Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I'm not happy with the small lockers, sometimes with broken locks, on the 6-Bed mixed room in the NO NAME City Hostel. I have stayed in many hostels already around the world and I can compare. There are better hostels out there that have big, spacious lockers. Security for my personal stuff is important to me. If my single standard, medium size backpack or travel bag cannot fit in the locker, then it's not a good locker for me. I would prefer to stay in another hostel with big, spacious lockers.

• 11th May 2013

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I like their big personal lockers for each person/ bed. It's also a good place to party and rest. Their main central patio is a good cozy place to chill-out, read a book and to meet new people. Having a personal light for each bed and private curtains for each bed could have made it even better for them, if they had it though.

• 2nd Apr 2013

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Their 8-Bed Mixed Room is kinda crowded if it is fully occupied, and their are no personal reading lights in their beds. It's quite dark and inconvenient if everybody is sleeping already and you come back late in the room. Also, small windows and that there is little ventilation in the room. All kinds of odors can be smelled from shoes while you are sleeping.

• 23rd Jan 2013

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I don't like the fact that in their 4-Bed Mixed Room, there was no personal lockers provided for each person/ bed. It's kind of inconvenient to still go out of the room just to secure your bags and other personal stuff in their common locker area. Security for my personal stuff inside my room is very important for me. Other hostels are better, and can offer big spacious lockers for each person inside their rooms.

• 21st Jan 2013

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good value for money if you just stay for a very short period of time, and you are on a very tight budget. You just have to adjust to their limited facilities. Don't expect much for a "cheap" price. Besides, their 8-Bed Mixed Room is quite small, can be congested, and has only a small window. Ventilation can be difficult, and all kinds of odor from shoes can be smelled while you sleep...

• 20th Jan 2013

Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I'm not happy with the small lockers, and small ceilings on the bed, on the 8-Bed mixed room in the Flying Pig Hostel. I have stayed in many hostels already around the world and I can compare. There are better hostels out there that have big, spacious lockers. Security for my personal stuff is important to me. If my single standard, medium size backpack or travel bag cannot fit in the locker, then it's not a good locker for me. I would prefer to stay in another hostel with big, spacious lockers.

• 17th Jan 2013

• 21st Nov 2012

98SG

Singapore, Singapore

Good value for money. Good place for meeting people.

• 10th Nov 2010