Thomas's Hotel on Hereford

Christchurch, New Zealand

Rancho Grande Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

A nice hostel to stay in. You're right next to some trail heads and it's nice to come back to a warm place after a hike in a snowstorm. I think that the hostel is partly being renovated. Therefore our window did not open and the heating was on so it was very warm inside. The doors to the toilets are also a fascinating construction. You can't open them all way so you have to squeeze by. But all in all I can recommend this place. They offer a nice menu at a reasonable prize and sell great cake.

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

The one thing to point out here is the great staff. They are very friendly and helpful. You can book all the bus tickets and tours you like and don't need to run around El Calafate. We went to El Chaltén and returned to El Calafate to take the bus to Ushuaia. Because of that we had to wait from 9pm to 3am the next morning. The hostel was so nice to let us stay in the common area although we had checked out 5 days ago.

Hospedaje Costanera

Punta Arenas, Chile

Hostal Emalafquen

Pucon, Chile

This place is a jewel. You feel right at home. The owner Ema is unbelievably friendly.

Selknam Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Casa Verde Limon

Valparaiso, Chile

A perfect place to stay.

Backpackers San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Perfect place to stay in San Pedro. Nice and helpful people all around you complete the great atmosphere.

Best hostel so far. Thanks a lot for your friendliness.

Nasca Trails B&B

Nazca, Peru

Juan appeared at the bus station to pick us up and I still don´t know how he knew when we would arrive. Then he addressed us in German which was the second pleasant surprise. I can only recommend the place.

Definitely a good place to stay in Huaraz. The owner is very helpful when it comes to planning a hike on your own or a tour. He also took us to the bus station at the end of our stay. The place where you have a nice breakfast with most of the other guests in the hostel has a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains. We felt very welcome here.

Galapagos Best Home Stay

Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

If you are not happy here you will not be happy anywhere. The only disadvantage for some people might be the 25 minute walk to the harbour and all the tour agencies etc.. I certainly would stay here again.

Guayaquil, Ecuador

Let's say this hostel served its purpose. It is close to the airport so we stayed there one night before our flight. For visiting Guayaquil I would not recommend it.

Colonial House Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Conveniently located near the historic district in a 200 year old building that exudes a nice atmosphere. Good breakfast. The kitchen and bathrooms could be a bit cleaner, but all in all an excellent place to stay to visit Quito.