Hostel Dino, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
24th May 2014

This is a cool hostel, very central and inexpensive. I found the owner very approachable and helpful and the rooms are very cheap also. Would definitely come back!

Hostel Manuela, Split, Croatia
19th May 2014

This was a great little hostel. It's super close to the old town and supermarkets and it has a kitchen for cooking. It's very clean and the staff are super friendly. I had a great time!

31st Mar 2014

Not a bad place to stay. It's close to the metro and grocery shops. The staff were quite helpful too and it was clean enough and quiet enough at night time.

Luxembourg City Hostel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
16th Mar 2014

I quite liked this hostel, especially if you compare it with other IH hostels around Europe. It has a lot more atmosphere and is cleaner. There are lockers for your bags and even a restaurant and snack machines.

Hostel Fatima, Fatima, Portugal
28th Jan 2014

A really nice place to stay close to all the things you want to see in Fatima. We were warned that Fatima is really commercialised, but we didn't experience this at all, perhaps because we came in the winter. Loved the town, people are super friendly and everything is within walking distance.

Yes! Porto Hostel, Porto, Portugal
27th Jan 2014

Very happy with my stay at Yes Porto, it's excellent value for money, it's close to everything and they offer a free walking tour in the morning and afternoon. Staff are super helpful, it's clean and security is great. Would definitely stay here again.

Cool & Bed, Lyon, France
19th Sep 2013

My stay at Cool and Bed was so great that I'm actually still here and am thinking of settling in Lyon. It's such a comfortable homely place. Breakfast is included until 12pm, they have an awesome pub crawl every Thursday. The rooms and bathrooms are super clean, the staff are so friendly and helpful. And there is a fully equipped kitchen where you can cool meals and hangout with other people. It's close to metro stations and supermarkets too. Loved my time here, would definitely stay here again.

PLUS Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
15th Sep 2013

Really loved this place. The staff were really helpful and friendly and it was always clean. Each room has a bathroom and a shower and decent sized lockers. It's a bit far from the city, but it's close to the metro/tram way system. Only down side was too many clicky Australian tour groups, but they weren't too bad.

Hostel Hutteldorf, Vienna, Austria
11th Sep 2013

This hostel was great, very clean, the staff were very helpful and it was close to the metro station also. It is a little further out from town, but I reckon that is why it is a cheaper option. But it is in a beautiful location and it only takes about 20 minutes by metro to get into town. Not too bad.

Treestyle Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
8th Sep 2013

This is a great hostel. The staff are excellent and it's in a great location, close to the sites. It can be a little noisy at night, being on a main street, but just being your ear-plugs and you'd be find. I'd stay here again for sure.

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
5th Sep 2013

I really liked this hostel, I do kind of wish I could have stayed longer there. The place is great though, very clean and the people are very friendly. Staff are also great! I accidentally left my USB there and they were fantastic with communicating with me and organising a way to get it back to me. I would definitely stay here again!

New Backpackers, Istanbul, Turkey
1st Sep 2013

I really liked this hostel. The staff were really helpful and the location was great. Although, beware about booking anything with the travel-agent across the road from this hostel, they gave me incorrect advice to just about everything I did through them.

Elifstar Cave Hotel, Goreme, Turkey
7.1
26th Aug 2013

I really liked this place and Goreme! It would have been helpful if more of the staff members spoke a little English. But it was clean and comfortable. So I was happy.

The Purple Pig, Ios, Greece
18th Aug 2013

Love love loved this hostel!! George is great! He is so helpful and learns the names of everyone who stays there also. And it's a great location, close to the beach and town. I would definitely return here.

Youth Hostel Anna, Santorini, Greece
15th Aug 2013

Really great hostel. Very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It had a great atmosphere!

12th Aug 2013

Really liked this hostel. It was walking distance to the main sites and everyone, staff and other guests, were really friendly. It does seem to be in a dodgy area, but it wasn't an issue for me. Really great place, would stay here again.

Paris Namdemun Guesthouse, Paris, France
4th Jul 2013

This place was great! I don't think I could have found a more welcoming and cost affective place in Paris. Breakfast and dinner are included, wifi is accessible from all parts of the building, they also have a computer. It's close to a metro station, the rooms are very clean and the staff are extremely friendly. I would definitely come here again!

Townside Hostel Bremen, Bremen, Germany
6.6
31st May 2013

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
24th May 2013

I really liked this hostel. The rooms had plenty of space and were clean, and the lockers were big enough for big back-packs. You were able to get the wifi in the rooms and staff were really friendly and helpful.

Jaeger's Munich, Munich, Germany
5.7
20th May 2013

I stayed in a 40 bed dorm and it really wasn't good. There are only 4 female and male showers and toilets for the entire room and when people check-out they leave random forgotten/unwanted things, like underwear lying around, and cleaners don't take them away, so they stay there, stinking the rooms out for days. You also can't get wifi in the 40 bed dorms. Probably the only redeeming aspect is you can lock your stuff up in a big locker. And the location is quite good.

Five Reasons Hostel, Nuremberg, Germany
13th May 2013

I really liked this hostel! The location was great, right near the church and the old town, and also very close to the metro and train stations. The staff were super friendly and smily too, and so helpful with any questions I had. The rooms and the bathrooms were really big with lots of space and were always really clean. And the wifi worked all around the building. So this place was great, I would definitely go back here if I return to Nuremburg!

404 Hostel, Cologne, Germany
8th May 2013

I really liked this hostel! It was really close to the metro station and only a few stops from the city. The lockers were big enough to fit entire bags in and the free breakfast was really good. The staff were also great, very helpful and friendly and the rooms and bathroom were very spacious and always clean. I had a great stay here, I would definitely come back to this hostel again if I ever visit Cologne again.

4th May 2013

I really liked this place, it made Rome bearable. They could do with a free breakfast and a free walking tour to make it a bit better. But otherwise, not too bad, a good place to stay to get a good impression of Rome.

Welcome Inn, Naples, Italy
30th Apr 2013

This was the BEST hostel I stayed at in Italy! The free breakfast is a bit dodgy, but at least they have one. The staff are super nice and it´s a pretty cheap place to stay compared with others. They have lockers in the rooms, and a tv you can watch in the common room if you´ve had a long day and just want to chillax. And it´s right near all the shopping and close to other places too. Some of the other guests when I was there were a bit unfriendly, but other than that I really liked this place

5.1
26th Apr 2013

On my second night in this hostel, I was awoken in the middle of the night because my bed broke. The staff were a little rude about it and told me my only option was to sleep on a mattress on the floor for the night and it would be sorted out the next day. But I was reimbursed for the night and was moved to another room the next day.

Maison, Florence, Italy
23rd Apr 2013

I really liked this hostel, it is very central and the dude who runs it is really nice. Although it could do with a free walking tour or a free breakfast to make it cooler, but I'd definitely come back here.

Nuova Locanda Belvedere, Venice, Italy
7.1
20th Apr 2013

I didn't mind this hostel. My first impression was that it was old and dark and dingy. But it's very cheap for Venice and the location isn't too bad, about 10 minutes from the Venice Mestre station. The staff were pretty good and helpful too, a bit quirky and weird at times, but I grew to find them endearing. Not the worst hostel I've stayed in and if you're looking for something cheap and clean, this place isn't too bad.

16th Apr 2013

I really liked this hostel. The staff are really helpful and friendly and the hostel is clean.

Vertigo Vieux-Port, Marseille, France
7.4
14th Apr 2013

I liked this hostel, the staff were very friendly and helpful and it was close to everything. The rooms are huge too, one would think they'd be able to fit lockers in them for our security...

St Christopher's Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
5.4
8th Apr 2013

This is a huge hostel and as a customer, you can feel a bit anonymous. The atmosphere isn't very inclusive or friendly and the sheer volume of people staying here means the reception staff are always busy checking people in or out or answering enquiries. There should definitely be more people on reception. Also the bedrooms and bathrooms should be cleaned regularly, we went a few days without toilet paper in my room's bathroom and the people at reception didn't do anything about it.

Thank you for your rating! We are very sorry to hear that our lovely staff seemed too busy at times to make you feel more welcome and at home. Of course they should have time for EVERY customer to give them that little extra that makes your holiday so nice. No toilet paper in your bathroom is just unacceptable, we will definitely look into putting more staff on at rush-hour, so these things don't happen again! Nevertheless we hope you enjoyed your stay in beautiful Barcelona and maybe see you back one day?!!

8th Apr 2013

I actually really loved this hostel, I came back on my second trip to Madrid. The staff are super friendly and helpful and they organise really fun activities so you can see Madrid easily and cheaply. It is a little noisy and dirty at times, but I overlooked that because it was awesome. It felt like a home away from home for me!

Casa Caracol, Cadiz, Spain
4th Apr 2013

The free breakfast is pancakes!! This was the highlight for me! Not boring old toast and cereal that you get at other hostels, so thumbs up for that. I really liked this hostel, it could be a little noisy at times, but that didn't really bother me, I had ear plugs! Great place, I highly recommend it :)

The Spot Central Hostel, Seville, Spain
2nd Apr 2013

I really liked this hostel. The wifi worked really well and the breakfast was free, so I was happy. Staff were really friendly and helpful and the rooms, bathrooms and common areas were really clean. The hostel had a great atmosphere, other people were friendly too. There is really nothing bad at all that I can say about this place, I would definitely stay here again :)

Funky Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
7.4
1st Apr 2013

I did like this hostel, but it was very expensive for what you got. I've had much cheaper hostels that actually offer free breakfasts and the wifi works! The wifi only really works in the common areas, not in bedrooms. Also the bathrooms were very small and not that clean. The bunks were not very secure either. It's located right in the main area, which is great for site seeing, not so good for quietness at night time, tip - bring your ear plugs if you would like any sleep.

27th Mar 2013

Alface Bairro Alto Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
22nd Mar 2013

I really liked this hostel, location was great and staff were pretty helpful, when they were there. Reception was often left unmanned, which didn't bother me too much, but I think it bothered others. Staff are just really chilled out, which wasn't a bad thing, but this probably isn't a place for the high-maintenance traveler. I liked the free breakfast and they offer a free walking tour too, which was excellent. Rooms, bathroom and kitchen were clean. So I was very happy with this place.

PILOT Design Hostel & Bar, Porto, Portugal
17th Mar 2013

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere is great and the people, staff and other patrons alike, are super friendly! I can't say anything bad about this place, I had the best time :) thanks!

Reykjavik City Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
5.1
12th Mar 2013

This hostel was alright, but waaaay too far away from the city centre. It's certainly not a 30 walk like the website suggests, it's about an hour! It is cheap, and you get what you pay for really. The wifi in the rooms is very poor also, it's slow and always cuts out. I certainly wouldn't stay here again if I ever return to Reykjavik.

Dear Christine Thank you for your stay! I understand the location of the City Hostel was not to your liking. However I am puzzled about the poor rating you gave us, since the location is not our fault; it's not like we can improve the location by just moving the whole building, can we :) We try to avoid misunderstandings about the location by explaining in detail where we are, right on this website under 'property information' and 'map & directions'. And, to most people, 3 km is a 30 minutes walk. Next time you come to Reykjavik make sure you check out the Downtown Hostel or our brand new Loft Hostel, right in the center of Reykjavik! I'm sure you would like it better there. On behalf of City Hostel reception, Joachim PS WiFi is free :)

London Backpackers, London, England
28th Feb 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the hostel, the rooms were clean and the staff are very friendly. The only downer was that it was a bit far from the main city. But to be fair, you get what you pay for, it's a cheap hostel and it's warm and reletively quiet at night time, so all in all I was very happy, thanks London Backpackers :)

24th Dec 2010

6th Dec 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay. The people are so friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my time here! Although this place is right in the middle of the city, which is great because you can walk everywhere, but also very noisy at night time, so remember your earplugs!

Hostel Suites Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina
9.0
4th Dec 2010

This is a wonderful hostel. The staff are friendly and they organise fun activities around the city for those staying there. However it is right in the middle of a busy area, lots of traffic, so remember to pack earplugs so you can sleep at night!

Tango Backpackers, Buenos Aires, Argentina
8.0
1st Dec 2010

This hostel is on a main street and gets a lot of traffic, even at night, so bring your ear plugs for a good night´s sleep.

Compass del Sur, Puerto Varas, Chile