Reviews: danielk_1234

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Really good hostel, I've stayed in a few in Vancouver and this is the best, and most social/fun.

• 29th Sep 2014

Cambie Hostel - Seymour

Vancouver, Canada

I have to leave a bad review for this hostel. The bed I had was infested with bedbugs (and didn't smell great either). I got 30+ bites from the things, and had a horrible night as I could feel some of them, I hardly slept. I left early the next morning, and complained about this, though the hostel was unable/unwilling to refund the night I'd stayed there. Wouldn't recommend this place - they obviously have a problem.

• 26th Sep 2014

Painted Turtle Guesthouse

Nanaimo, Canada

Really nice place, but pretty quiet compared to other hostels.

• 25th Sep 2014

• 23rd Sep 2014

HI-Vancouver Central

Vancouver, Canada

Nice hostel, really good breakfast! The common areas could be improved a bit, and the WiFi really needs improving - the signal and speed aren't great.

• 18th Sep 2014

Jazz on the Park-Hostel

New York, USA

Staff are cool, and pretty good value/location for NY. Facilities could be improved a bit - e.g. a kitchen, and beds that aren't so small and noisy!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review, we are glad that the staff was very welcoming and you enjoyed the location. Unfortunately, we do not advertise a full kitchen facility but we do have a microwave and refrigerator available at all times to our guests. We apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses.

B Hotel & Hostel

New York, USA

The window in my room was only yards away from a raised subway line, with trains running through the night. This made it really noisy - I hardly slept for 2 nights, even using earplugs. I think the other rooms would've been loud too. A shame because I liked the place otherwise - nicely and newly refurbished, with good facilities, and pretty good value.

• 14th Sep 2014

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

This is a really excellent hostel, really good facilities, very clean and new. Was also impressed they had a staff member giving guidance on a morning, and leading some free events. Only negative comment was I thought it was a bit cheeky to charge for luggage storage which most places offer free, on top of what is quite an expensive nightly rate.

• 8th Sep 2014

HI-Mont-Tremblant

Mont-Tremblant, Canada

Really cool place, staff were really nice, and lots of great touches - free canoes, an outside fire every night, and a free pool table!

• 5th Sep 2014

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

• 30th Aug 2014

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Decent hostel. The common areas are pretty small for a hostel of this size, could be improved!

• 24th Aug 2014

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

A really nice hostel, good outside areas and pretty friendly. Only complaint is that the dorms are a bit cramped.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Very new and clean hostel/

• 22nd Aug 2014

The Clarence Park

Toronto, Canada

Really nice, new hostel, with all new facilities. More like a guesthouse.

• 17th Aug 2014

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Really nice hostel, friendly staff, and lots of useful facilities. Could improve the breakfast and the free computers though.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your feedback, we’re glad you got along well with our staff! Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast – we have many breakfast items (fruits, cereals, pastries, etc) available for purchase. We have now fixed our free computers and they are running smoothly.

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Decent place. The beds in the dorms aren't the best and could be improved.

• 7th Aug 2014

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really nice hostel, staff were awesome, nice bar downstairs, and really good comfortable beds for a hostel!

• 4th Aug 2014

CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I liked some parts of this hostel - it had a nice bar & atmosphere, and they put some activities on. Some things let it down though - e.g. couldn't pay on card for 2 nights on arrival, (despite what the info says - it has to be over a certain amount - i.e. 3 nights), the staff made me go get cash out. The beds weren't very clean, and smelled unpleasant. And one night the water stopped working in the whole hostel, so couldn't wash/shower/cook.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our atmosphere and the activities we offer. We accept credit cards, as the website says, but we do have a minimum of 150 reais. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the cleanliness of our beds, we will let the cleaning staff know about this. The water wasn't out in the entire hostel, we're sorry if you weren't informed about the other sources of running and hot water. Best regards, Cabanacopa staff

Klein Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Nice place, staff were very nice. Well situated for the bus terminal but very out of the way. Was very quiet when I was there, almost empty.

• 31st Jul 2014

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Nice place, very well situated for the bus terminal, and helpful staff. Would be nice to have more points in the rooms (there was only one).

• 30th Jul 2014

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really liked this hostel - lots going on, and a nice atmosphere. Would expect some power sockets in the rooms (there were none). And I wish more hostels would put in good bunk beds - not the flimsy ones here that shake every time you move.

• 28th Jul 2014

Pax Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Nice enough hostel, and the staff were friendly. Could benefit from some better beds, power points in the rooms, and maybe an organised an organised bar crawl or something.

• 25th Jul 2014

Hostel Suites Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

Nice enough place. Was a bit dead when I was there though. Liked the lockers and power points in the rooms, but would benefit from some better beds (had the standard flimsy small ones).

• 23rd Jul 2014

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Really big, rambling building, with lots of shared spaces, and really good facilities. The beds were also big and comfortable.

• 17th Jul 2014

Backpackers San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Decent place, with a nice outdoor area. A bit futher out of town than some places though. And the rooms were a bit cramped - I had trouble getting into my top bunk bed, as the ceilings were so low.

• 13th Jul 2014

Hostal Rural

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Really good place - close to the center of San Pedro, friendly atmosphere, and bonfires at night.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

A nice little hostel, had everything I needed. Dorm rooms were nice and warm in winter too.

• 9th Jul 2014

Gringo's Rincon Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Great place - one of the most sociable places I've stayed, with everyone eating together on the terrace. The owner was really friendly and helpful.

• 5th Jul 2014

The Adventure Brew Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

This was a decent enough hostel - nice that they did food, and the onsite travel agent was useful. The rooms were very cold when I was there though (not heated at all in winter), and I there are places in La Paz with better atmosphere, and closer to the attractions.

• 27th Jun 2014

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

I loved this hostel - really friendly atmosphere - the roof terrace serves dinner and drinks every night, which is a great space for people to socialise. I went out to the Secret Garden Cotopaxi sister hostel, which is amazing. The tour company downstairs is also very good.

• 14th May 2014