Hostel Oasis Granada

Granada, Nicaragua

• 31st Jul 2013

This was a really fun hostel! It's definitely for the type of person who likes to party. Not for the quiet, more reserved type. Excellent value for money in a perfect location.

The Silk Road

Venice, Italy

This was a really nice hostel situated in a beautiful and central area of Venice. From my bedroom there were excellent views of the water. The ambiance is lacking slightly as there is no common room with lots of people and it suits people who prefer a quiet, comfy stay. The bedroom was comfortable and it was good to see single beds rather than bunk beds. It did get a little hot at night but I'd prefer that than cold! The staff are helpful but the map I was given was a bit outdated.

• 26th Feb 2013

This was a nice hostel although certainly not the best I have ever stayed in. The staff were friendly & helpful and instantly gave me a map and directions when requested. I had heavy luggage and I was pleased to see that there was a lift going up to the rooms which are situated away from the hostel reception about a one minute walk away down the street. The bedrooms were comfortable & the computer at the hostel was fast too which makes a nice change!

• 21st Feb 2013

CIS de Champagne

Reims, France

It is a pretty basic hostel which has everything you need for a night or two in a wonderful city. The staff are friendly. The location is a bit of a walk from the centre but this has been made easier with the new tram link. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was great.

• 10th Nov 2012

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I had stayed at Wombats in Munich and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. This is perhaps the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It is lively and you have the opportunity to meet all sorts of people which is perfect if you are a solo traveller like myself. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the bar on the top floor was super and lively. The hostel is modern and the bedrooms, clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Berlin.

• 25th Oct 2012

HelloBCN Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Really nice hostel. Enjoyed my stay, good location - brilliant staff, not too expensive, nothing to complain about.