Riad Massin

Marrakech, Morocco

Nice hostel, in a central location for both the medina and the new city, the hostel is split between two building and a bit of a pain that you have to go into the main building and ask for someone to let you into the 2nd building. The hostel is very good value for money but lacks a little in facilities, kitchen and laptop are also used by the staff leaving the kitchen unusable (as not the cleanest) but as the hostel is cheap enough you can afford to eat out

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

Great hostel, by far the best I stayed in Morocco, probably in the best 25% of the 400+ hostels that I have stayed at over the past 3years. Staff are friendly and do there best to make everyone feel welcome. Having food available at the hostel is a great bonus, and the food was great value and excellent quality served by their always smiling chef (sorry never got her name) Even though I had a flood in my room from a burst pipe the staff rushed around to clean up as soon as possible.

Nice hostel in a great little town of Tarifa, it was very quiet while I stayed at the hostel only one other person staying there while I was there, clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My only concern was that there was no hot water during my stay, not sure what the problem was, but never fixed during my stay. It would be useful if the staff were available before 10am, when residents are checking out if there are any concerns or problems.

Grand Luxe Hostel

Seville, Spain

Great hostel in the centre of Seville, feels like a new hostel very clean, electronic security and really good breakfast can't find a fault, even when I had a very disturbed first night from a group staying in my dorm, the staff were more than happy to relocate me for the rest of my stay to a quieter room.

Shangri-Lagos Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

This hostel is in need of some organisation and maintenance, the male bathroom is much too small, the toilet situated within the bathroom is so small you have to sit down before closing the door, handle and lock to the dorm that I stayed in was broken, the light switch was also broken, organisation is very poor with one guest checking in at approx 3pm and waiting until 11pm for any linen for her bed. The staff are very helpful and try their best, with what they have.

Dear guest , thankyou for your input ,we have taken some steps to improve our hostel , we have taken the toilet out of the shower room making them much more spacious and bult a separate toilet room also very large , we have installed new systems to help our staff and are giving them extra support and training to be more professional and also carried out renovations throughout , Thankyou very much for your comment it has helped us improve our service for our clients.! Hope to see you again !

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

Great hostel obviously run by someone who knows the business and strives to ensure the place is very clean, staff are very helpful, ( thanks again Claudia for all your help) location is ideal for town center. Next time I am in Faro I would make a point of returning and would always be happy to recommend.

Rayuela Hostel Boutique

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The hostel could be so good its a great location and a great building but it needs some organisation of both the cleaning and the breakfast. Some days only the bathroom toilets are cleaned other days they get a good clean throughout, but they are full of personal belongings you feel that your using someone private bathroom. The breakfast is reported to be good but everyday you have to ask for something boil your own hot water (in a pan as there is no kettle) milk runs out, cereal runs out..

Most of the things this guest says is not exact or is a thought of a tourist that looks for a hotel. Is important to clarify this, because a good hostel is not that where people can feel like in a good hotel, but where he/she can feel at home. The breakfast is self service. The staff put homemade hot croissant every morning and a box with cereals and fruits. This is a small hostel boutique, then we put a litre of milk, when it runs out we put another and another and another. You just have to ask the friendly staff who are always around. The bathrooms are cleaned every single moment. Personal belongings in bathrooms are obvious in a hostel like this where people feels at home. This is not a hotel. Guests leave their shampoos in the bathrooms. We have two electric kettles (not true the pan issue). We have 2 kitchens which are absolutely complete.

La Tosca Hostel

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

The staff here are great and very knowledgeable about the Valdez.

Hostel Mendoza Lodging

Mendoza, Argentina

The manager and staff here were very helpfull and the hostel was kept very clean. Not a party hostel which is what we liked about it great place to chill

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

The staff were the best we have come accross in the past 8mths very helpfull. The hostel however could have done with a facelift a bit run down. If you want a place to party then it`s a great place to stay if however you need your sleep and staying in either of the private rooms you could be kept awake all night as they are both located on the top floor next to the party area.

Hostal Sol de Oro

Arequipa, Peru

Excellent hostel only a few blocks from the centre very clean and very helpfull staff. Great place to chill away from the mad traffic on the streets of Arequipa.

Very friendly with a warm family feel to the hostel. Very helpfull.