Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 26

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Awesome staff. Loves the inividual beds (no bunk beds). So close to the U-bahn station in a great location. Would definitely go back!

B&B Pan

Jeju Island, South Korea

This hostel has the nicest and most helpful staff ever. They made my stay not only at their hostel, but in all of Jeju island, so much easier than I had anticipated. They picked me up from the airport , made delicious breakfasts every morning, gave me in depth information about the attractions and transportation options around the island, helped me rent a scooter, let me store things at their hostel while traveling around, and even gave me fried chicken and makkoli. I cannot thank them enough!

Ying You Lian Guesthouse

Yuanyang, China

We cannot even convey what a wonderful time we had here. The owner, Belinda, speaks English extremely well and helped us organize everything for a perfect stay in Yuanyang. We have never met such a delightfully warm and helpful person during our 3 months of travels in Asia. Her daughter is so adorable and we were even invited to share dinner with her family. She also had great restaurant recommendations around Xinjie. Such amazing value for a great location and the BEST STAFF EVER!!!

Really nice staff. Hostel is a bit difficult to find at first, but they communicates with the taxi driver and came out and met us a few mins away and walked us there. A great location though. The owners helped me with my many problems I needed to sort out. They were very kind!

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Mama naxi is wonderful and hilarious. There is a guy at the counter who speaks good English and he was incredibly helpful for us...even after we had left Lijiang. Can't thank him enough! Might take a little while to find the hostel (as it would for any accommodation in Lijiang old town), but just keep asking around if you don't have a phone and you'll make it there! Totally worth it. The family dinner was inexpensive and delicious. Met lots of other nice people there.

Ryokan @ Muntri Street

Penang, Malaysia

We had a really great stay. Couldn't get the AC down to a reasonable temperature though. Even set at its lowest setting it blew so hard and we were freezing. Our roommate wouldn't let us turn off the AC so I could only sleep by wearing a sweater and pants..crazy considering the heat outside! Much too strong AC for the size of the room and too thin a blanket provided.

Lamb Tour House

Taipei, Taiwan

It's a shame that such an otherwise awesome hostel has such horrible walking directions and the owner refuses to do anything to help travelers find the place who can't read the tiny Chinese sign.. Please update your walking directions!!!!! It's very annoying to walk around lost until someone pities you enough to finally walk you all the way to the hostel's front door. At the very least, please indicate that the hostel's entrance is on the left side, directly across from the Internet cafe.

Petit Summer House

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

This was by far the best hosteling experience I have ever had. The hostel is new, well designed, clean, and less than a 5-min walk away from a MRT station. The beds have the most comfortable mattresses and bedding that I've ever had at a hostel, so I slept so well. There were many friendly people who I enjoyed talking to in the lounge/kitchen area. The owner, Sally, is absolutely the kindest, most enthusiastic, and genuinely helpful person that a traveller could ever hope to meet. Thank you!

The location is a 10 minute walk from the central downtown area (West Street), but it's also a little down an alley, so it's not directly on a major street. This is nice because we didn't hear much noise from traffic. The receptionists were very nice and helped us get a driver so we could get to Guilin airport on time. They have a very friendly dog named Nana. We arrived in Yangshuo by boat and were very confused by the walking directions, though (they are only listed from the bus station).

Guilin Riverside Hostel

Guilin, China

Really awesome location! Very central, and so nice to be right by the river. The staff were nice and helpful and booked us tours to the rice terraces, Li river cruise, and massages. All good value, we thought. Although we would have liked to spend a longer in the rice terraces and less time seeing the long-haired show. The hostel itself was nice and the rooms were comfortable. Poor water pressure in the shower, but that was really the only possible complaint I can think of.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Han Tang had early check-in times and late check-out times, which were very convenient for us. We had a twin room, and it was very large and clean. All the staff who helped us were very nice and friendly. They have a daily organized tour to see the terracotta warriors. We loved the tour guide, (Lady) Jiajia, who is super awesome. The lunch on the tour was delicious, even though we had to pay extra for it (much better than any other tour lunch we had in China).

We had such a lovely stay at the Beijing Hyde Hotel. The female receptionists at the front desk spoke excellent English and were incredibly helpful prior to and throughout our stay. They were able to arrange an overnight train to Xi'an for us, which would have otherwise been impossible for us. We are so grateful! The hostel is a 10 min walk from a convenient station (but be careful because the walking directions say to go N from the station, but actually go S!). The hotel interior is very nice.

the Cats Pajamas

Taipei, Taiwan

Really nice place to stay. The staff was excellent and I met nice people there. Quite close to a subway station, and easy to find using the directions on the website. The communal bathroom sink was leaking on the floor when I was there, but I'm sure they will have it fixed soon. My bedroom was right at street level, so there was noise from traffic in the morning that woke me up. Overall, I had a great stay and would definitely go back next time I'm in Taiwan!

Very nice and knowledgeable staff who helped me with my other travel plans in Taiwan. They were happy to accommodate my extremely delayed flight, which caused me to arrive at 3 am. Extremely convenient location. No complaints!

Abby Guest House

Dallas, USA

I had a really great stay! I'd definitely recommend.