Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

The hostel in Hanoi is much better quality in terms of bathrooms and facilities, but both are great places to stay. They have similar menus and drink specials. Great staff and they help you easily book further adventures. Highly recommend this place for younger travelers.

An Hoi Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Very nice high quality hotel. Mind you it is a hotel and not a hostel so it is less idea for meeting people, but still very nice if that is what you're looking for.

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Amazing and friendly staff. I have stayed at many hostels and while this is not the most glamorous or modern hostel, it is probably one of the best ones I've ever stayed at. I wish there were more people like Long's family in Vietnam.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Didn't end up staying, but they allowed me to cancel last minute.

Pink Manila Hostel

Manila, Philippines

Decent place, interesting crowd, extremely easy to meet people, not the best beds or night of sleep though.

Alexis Cliff Dive Resort Bohol

Panglao Island, Philippines

I was the only person staying there and as a solo traveler it was quite strange. I was actually the only person there for two days with no one staying there for at least a week on either side of my stay. I ended up meeting some locals and became friends with them, but had I not, I would have been extremely bored. Would only recommend going if you're in a group of two or more.

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Nice staff, free breakfast and coffee all day.

Matchbox The Concept Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The staff sat me down when I arrived and gave me a history lesson of Singapore and gave me a map and explained all the places I should visit. Unbelieveably helpful! Pods make it feel like you have your own room. Super cool.

Peking Yard Hostel

Beijing, China

Didnt stay there and had to cancel last minute due to visa issues. They didnt charge me and were nice about it all.

Had to cancel my reservation a few hours before and they were really nice and did not charge me.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San