Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Bangkok, Thailand

This is my third time staying here and its the best chill out hostel I've probably ever been to. Cheap food right across the street. Laundry machines inside the hostel. Good hangout area in the lobby. Free coffee. The only downside is its far from many places in Bangkok. Its close to a skytrain station but way out on one of the lines. Its cheaper and nicer than places in the city though so its a fair trade off. If you want to relax, this is your place.

New Road Guest House

Bangkok, Thailand

Its a great price for Bangkok and the staff go out of their way to help you out. That being said, I've stayed at places with much more modern facilities. The neighborhood is good because its close to the skytrain and boats but there isn't much to do in the immediate area. You can leave bags with them for free for 3 months which is awesome.

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you had a great stay with us and we could help you fulfill what you needed. We hope you can stay with us again. Regards, Reception Team

This is a full on party hostel. If that's what you're into, you have come to the right place. They have two locations and the downtown one (10 minute walk away) is even crazier. They make everyone be quiet after 10pm in the original so you could get a good night sleep if you wanted. The staff are really wild and friendly. Despite being such a party place, they manage to keep it really clean. And free breakfast and water. Can't beat that.

MOON ELEVEN NEAR KLIA and KLIA2

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This place is perfect if you're flying out early in the morning or coming in and want to rest for a day. E-mail the owner and she will pick you up at the train station and she will drop you back off whenever you like. Tons of free snacks, coffee, water etc. Some reviews say her English isn't good, but I never felt that. I didn't have a deep philosophical conversation with her, but we communicated perfectly about flights and anything I needed. Very nice lady.

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Really good clean hangout hostel in the center of KL. This place is really in the downtown of downtown areas. Its a perfect base to get around and see the city. Its not a crazy party place but you can meet people and party if you like. You can just relax as well. Quality bunk beds and clean sheets.

House of Journey

Penang, Malaysia

Great staff, very cute place, and located right in the center of Penang. The only downside was they charge you (not much though) for a very small blanket and the place gets incredibly cold at night. The beds could of been a bit sturdier too. Every time you move on top bunk, the whole bed rocks and sways.

Bangkok, Thailand

Always an excellent place to have a quiet, clean, good nights sleep.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I had to leave Thailand for a quick visa renewal but decided to check out Siam Reap at the same time. I was a solo traveler and this hostel was perfect for me. They have sign ups for tuk tuk tours of the temples able to fit four people each. You just throw your name up on the whiteboard and other people will hop on your tour with you saving you a bit of money and you can meet some new friends.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

They clean it once during the day, and by the evening or the following morning, the bathrooms are a mess. So disgusting. Its cheap if you're traveling alone, but if not, get a hotel and it would be cheaper to split a room with someone.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Overall great hostel for Hong Kong. Everything here is extremely expensive, and while it seems like a lot, this place is cheap compared to other things in the city.

Dear Christopher Joondeph, Thank you for sharing your experience in Hostelworld. I trust that our team will be glad to see your compliments. It is indeed our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Thank you and best regards, Eddy Liu General Manager

Bangkok, Thailand

The perfect hostel. Its quiet, but still has cool people. Its a little bit away from the touristy part of the city, but very close to the BTS. Its a very relaxed place. I will always stay here in BKK from now on.

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

Its sort of rural in the accommodations in that you live in these bamboo huts but kind of cool at the same time. Its extremely cheap which is why you live in little bamboo huts. Its sort of a mix between camping and staying in a hostel. Its not by any means dirty, but its not for the plush backpacker type. I enjoyed it.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

It was a pretty clean and nice place to sleep. Vientiane is an extremely boring place, but they had an air conditioned movie room with good movies which helped pass the time while I waited for my visa to Thailand.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

The hostel in Hanoi is much better quality in terms of bathrooms and facilities, but both are great places to stay. They have similar menus and drink specials. Great staff and they help you easily book further adventures. Highly recommend this place for younger travelers.

An Hoi Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Very nice high quality hotel. Mind you it is a hotel and not a hostel so it is less idea for meeting people, but still very nice if that is what you're looking for.

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Amazing and friendly staff. I have stayed at many hostels and while this is not the most glamorous or modern hostel, it is probably one of the best ones I've ever stayed at. I wish there were more people like Long's family in Vietnam.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Didn't end up staying, but they allowed me to cancel last minute.

New Road Guest House

Bangkok, Thailand

One of the best hostel staff I have ever encountered. They were so welcoming and went way out of their way to help you find things to do or just chat with you. They also have free long term bag storage.

Pink Manila Hostel

Manila, Philippines

Decent place, interesting crowd, extremely easy to meet people, not the best beds or night of sleep though.

Alexis Cliff Dive Resort Bohol

Panglao Island, Philippines

I was the only person staying there and as a solo traveler it was quite strange. I was actually the only person there for two days with no one staying there for at least a week on either side of my stay. I ended up meeting some locals and became friends with them, but had I not, I would have been extremely bored. Would only recommend going if you're in a group of two or more.

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Nice staff, free breakfast and coffee all day.

Matchbox The Concept Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The staff sat me down when I arrived and gave me a history lesson of Singapore and gave me a map and explained all the places I should visit. Unbelieveably helpful! Pods make it feel like you have your own room. Super cool.

Peking Yard Hostel

Beijing, China

Didnt stay there and had to cancel last minute due to visa issues. They didnt charge me and were nice about it all.

Had to cancel my reservation a few hours before and they were really nice and did not charge me.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San