Other than the fact that the mattress was fairly hard, it was a good stay.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Good hostel. If you're looking for the brooklyn experience, you'll find it here.

Diamond Diggers Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

No idea how this place is rated so high... None of the bathrooms had locks on them. it was cramped, dirty, and lifeless. I stayed at 2 other hostels in JoBurg and both were much better. I wouldn't stay here again.

Thought this hostel was great. Really good location if you're planning on beaching it or spending time at seaworld. The staff was great as well.

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

Staff was great, good excursions available through them. My only issues were that there was no wifi in the rooms and there were also a bunch of locals living on the property. Personally, I don't like when there are locals living there unless they work there. They tend to take things over...

HostelTrail

Popayan, Colombia

Great hostel. It's not too far from the center, and an easy walk. The only issue I had was noise. The street below is noisy and the doorbell seemed far too loud. Other than that, it's a great hostel and very much worth staying at.

Backpackers Ceara

Fortaleza, Brazil

I really enjoyed this hostel. The reviews made it seem pretty bleak, but I thought it was great. More of a motel then a hostel, and a good family run vibe. You should definitely stay here.

Che Lagarto Hostel Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

The hostel was in the absolute perfect place. A nice deck/patio area over looking the beach in Barra. The big issue though was that the front doors were left open despite a gate which allowed some of the night crazies access inside at times. Also, I'll give them the fact that it was right after Carnival, but it could have been cleaner. Great staff though.

Black Cat Hostel

Asuncion, Paraguay

Basically the only place worth staying in while in Asuncion so luckily it is a nice place. Make sure you pay a little bit more for a room with AC as Asuncion is hot! You can check out some stuff on the area and the rest of south america on my website brendansadventures.com which might give you an idea on some things to check out as well.

Ciudad Vieja Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

great hostel in the perfect location. The staff is awesome and they give you the option of buying dinner as well;

Really nice hostel with a good staff. The location could be a little more central, but it is right near the beach so it works for some. I have posted some stuff from Punta del Este to my site of brendansadventures.com as well