Location: Philippines, Gender: Female, Age: 38

Sandeman Allen

Most of the guests stay here for long term, who are either looking for work or already working. The lift is slow but better than having stairs. What's best was the free breakfast and dinner, which changes everyday and have options to choose from. The bed wasn't comfortable enough, I could feel the spring popping out. The room was dirty when I arrived because the other occupant who stayed there for months didn't want the room cleaned. But everyone finally agreed to have it cleaned.

• 15th Aug 2013

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

It's a big hostel. I got lost finding my room with all those stairs and doors. The location was far from the center, which I regretted booking here. The staff cleaned the bathrooms regularly but the sheer number of guests using it at peak times can be inconsiderate.

• 13th Aug 2013

The Bunkroom

Chester, England

Note: this hostel welcomes guest at 4pm onwards. Before that you cannot enter and place your bag inside. I arrived 4hours early so I had to look for a place elsewhere to rest after a long travel. After being checked in, everything was good. The whole place is clean and tidy, quiet and comfortable.Towels are available for a good price. You can also order freshly cooked breakfast a night before.

• 11th Aug 2013

New Mansion House

The staff who welcomed me when I arrived was friendly and accommodating. But the staff who attended the next day wasn't friendly enough to even smile. I had the same breakfast in two days. There's no other options either. The bed squeaks, other than that, it was quite comfy and clean. The toilets are not so clean though. But the bathroom, however small like in other hostels in London, was clean and the water temperature and pressure is good.

• 10th Aug 2013

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

great location and very nice rooms! the bathroom is clean. the 4th level open area and laundry area is clean but it stinks. overall, i would definitely come back here.