Location England, Gender Male, Age 31

Hiroshima Hana Hostel, Hiroshima, Japan
7.1
22nd Aug 2013

A pretty good hostel. The dorm rooms are very comfortable, with plenty of storage space and a privacy curtain. All of the facilities seem to be in good working order. And the location is great, being very close to the station and the baseball stadium. However, I found the staff a little bit unhelpful

Thank you very much for staiyng at Hiroshima Hana Hostel also your comment. We are very sorry that how you felt about our staff. We will try to improve our hospitality to meet you and future guest expectation. Thanks again. Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Fukuoka Backpackers Hostel, Fukuoka City, Japan
20th Aug 2013

Very good hostel. It's location is pretty convenient, just a short-ish walk from Hakata Station. The staff are friendly and helpful; the rooms are spacious and clean; and the facilities are modern. Security is also great, with individual lockers in the rooms

17th Aug 2013

This is a really great hostel, thanks to the staff. Everybody is incredibly friendly and helpful. When I arrived, I received tons of information about Nagasaki, including maps and discount cards. The staff also helped me to book tours. The hostel location is also very convenient, and the facilities inside are spacious and clean

Green Guest House, Kagoshima, Japan
7.4
13th Aug 2013

Nice hostel in a good location. All the staff is friendly and helpful. Good value for money

AS House (Asakusa Smile), Tokyo, Japan
5.7
31st Jul 2013

You basically get what you pay for. It's one of the cheapest hostels in Tokyo, so don't expect too much. It's an old building, facilities are ageing, and it's not the cleanest place. But the location is good and the staff are helpful.

Embassy Hotel Lebanon, Beirut, Lebanon
7.3
5th Dec 2011

Embassy Hotel is in a convenient location in Hamra with many shops, restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is clean and good value for money. It's also very quiet, but not all that exciting, especially if travelling alone.

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki, Tokyo, Japan
21st Apr 2011

I stayed at Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki twice during my holiday and it was awesome! The staff are super friendly and helpful. They gave me great advice on where to go in Tokyo and helped me with my forward journeys. The hostel is in a great location in Asakusa; just a few minutes walk from Kaminarimon and Senso-ji. Asakusa is a really cool part of Tokyo. Inside, the hostel is very clean and has great facilities. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thank you very BIG for your staying and lovely comment! We were happy to have you here 2 times, and enjoyed talking with you about your trip in west part of Japan and also your working place, Oman. We also would like to appreciate your support not only your recommended message, but also your help for our project, #smile_japan! Your smile and comment surely make everyone happy! We are always looking forward to welcome you here in Asakusa. ARIGATO!

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse, Hida Takayama, Japan
20th Apr 2011

J-Hoppers in Takayama is a fantastic hostel. It is only a short walk from the train station and the old streets of the city. It's very easy to find and is a great base from which to explore Takayama. The staff are really friendly and helpful. It was good fun to talk to everyone working at the hostel to find out the best places to visit in Takayama and the surrounding area. I stayed in a dorm room, which was warm and comfortable. The hostel is really inviting and a great place to stay.

Thank you for your stay and comment. We are happy you enjoyed here.I remember you like UFO noodle. Hope you come back and good luck for your work in Oman!! Arigatou gozaimasita Aki

Yuzan Guest House, Nara, Japan
15th Apr 2011

I stayed at Yuzan Guest House for three nights to explore Nara and the surrounding area. It was a great base for this and a very relaxing guest house. The guest house is in a traditional Japanese building that provides a different experience from the usual youth hostel option. The owners are really friendly and great for local advice. It's in a very convenient location, just a few minutes walk from the train station a short walk from shops and restaurants.

Kyoto Hana Hostel, Kyoto, Japan
11th Apr 2011

I was very tired when I arrived at Kyoto Hana Hostel after getting the night bus from Tokyo, but everyone at the hostel made me very welcome and gave me great advice on where to go in Kyoto. The staff are brilliant and incredibly helpful. They gave me advice on the best places to visit in Kyoto and even helped me book tickets for my onward journeys. The hostel is really clean and has great common areas to chill out. I stayed in the dorm room, which was very comfortable. It's a great hostel!

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us. We hope you caught that bus alright:) It was very lovely having you around here. You are a very kind person. Arigato gozaimasu. Take care!

YHA Bangkok Downtown, Bangkok, Thailand
8th Dec 2010

Great location, just left down the stairs of exit 4 at Chong Nonsi station. Very friendly staff who are really helpful and happy :) I stayed in a four-bed dorm, which was really clean and comfortable. The hostel is also very peaceful; a great place to come back to after a crazy time out and about in Bangkok!