Reviews: annamilja

Location Finland, Gender Female, Age 39

9th Mar 2016

We stayed only one night in a private room. Everyone made us feel very welcome and we'd love to go again!

Primavera Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
15th Oct 2015

This was one the best hostels I've ever stayed at (and I've seen a few!). The location is great, the staff was friendly and helpful, the building itself is very pretty and both rooms and common areas were clean. We had a room for two and we had our own balcony, very nice! We only stayed one night this time but I know where I'll be heading next time I come to Barcelona!

• Finland, Mixed Group, 31-40
7.7
2nd Jun 2014

Amazing location! Great view from the balcony. Clean beds, hot shower. The other bedroom smelled a bit stuffy though. The kitchen could have been a bit more orderly. There were bits and pieces missing from the dish washer - it worked though, so it was great. We only had breakfast in the apartment and went out to eat other meals, so it wasn't really a problem. Anyway, I would love stay here again next time I visit Dublin.

• Finland, Mixed Group, 31-40
St Christopher's Camden, London, England
5th Aug 2013

Location of this hostel is just amazing. The room was clean enough (the wooden floor is so much nicer than a filthy carpet you see in many London hostels!), we were just a bit disappointed that the toilets were in the corridor though we booked ensuite (we had our own shower and two sinks though). Breakfast was very basic at its best, most days they'd ran out of something like milk or butter. The bar downstairs closed quite early on weekdays, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Will go again!

Hi thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Camden. We have recently done some research and come up with a new improved breakfast for all our guests, including fresh fruit, ham and cheese and a more varied selection of cereals. We hope you come back soon and try it out.

Rembrandt Park House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
9.3
6th Nov 2011

We thought we'd booked a room in a small hotel and were positively surprised when we were personally welcomed to a lovely apartment by the owner. It's a bit of a walk from the centre, but there's a tram stop just around the corner. It was nice that we could have the breakfast when ever we woke up. Unfortunately parking in the street is only free in the weekends, so we had to park our car about 2 km away.

• Finland, Female, 31-40
Kings Hotel, London, England
7.0
26th Aug 2010

It's a small hotel in an old building, so it's a bit scruffy, but if you're just looking for a place to have a shower and to lie down after a day in the city, it's good value for money. Not much traffic noise, but lots of stairs! The guy at the reception was friendly and helpful - hardworking guy I say, seemed like he was always there. We enjoyed our stay, thanks!

Marble Arch Inn, London, England
29th May 2010

It's an old building with very small rooms, but it's clean and cozy. The staff is friendly and the location of the hotel is amazing with Oxford Street just around the corner. It was my second time staying in this hotel and I really enjoyed it again. We had a room on the top floor so that's a lot of stairs, but we managed =) Thanks, I hope to stay with you again soon!

28th Sep 2009

If you want to find a reasonably prised single room in central London, this is a very good choice! I stayed a long weekend and really enjoyed my stay. Great connections and also lots of local shops and restaurants nearby. Thanks!

Marble Arch Inn, London, England
26th Jan 2009

Great place to stay in central London if you don't want to spend all your money on a hotel! Friendly staff and good connections. It was nice to have the breakfast in the room whenever we woke up!

13th Oct 2008

It's an amazing place to stay in London, right in the heart of everything. The staff's friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our stay again. On our floor there was only one tiny sink and mirror in the girls' bathroom which made it quite crowded... It would help to have mirrors in the rooms too. Everything else was just great!

The Court Hostel, London, England
7.3
10th May 2008

I only stayed for one night when travellling around Britain, so all I needed was a bed to crash, so it was all good. Great location, Earls Court tube station is very close! The breakfast room was very small and there were only crumbs left of the croissants, but I guess it would have been okay if I'd got up earlier. I had a good stay anyway, thanks!

Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
9th May 2008

One of the best hostels I ever stayed at! I took the coach to Birmingham, so it was very easy to get to the hostel, just around the corner from the coach station. The area looks a bit scruffy, but the hostel itself is really nice. There's a cool common room with a bar and lots of things to do. The staff members are really friendly and helpful (and patient...!) I had amazing time in Birmingham and I hope I'll figure out an excuse to go again soon =)

St Christopher's Camden, London, England
7th May 2008

Camden is an amazing place and I had great time. The shower in my room was quite disgusting (but nowhere near the worst hostel shower I've seen, so don't let it put you off), but everything else about this hostel is just great!

Tony's House Hotel, London, England
27th Mar 2008

We really enjoyed our stay! The location of the hotel is amazing, literally just around the corner from Paddington station. If you want to stay in a private room with a reasonable price, this hotel is a great choice. The breakfast is served in your room, which was nice and relaxed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Not recommended for the light sleepers who need long nights though, because you do hear the Tube passing underneath the building. Big thanks, I hope I'll get to stay there again!

St Christopher's Hammersmith, London, England
16th Sep 2007

Very cool place to stay! The bar downstairs was great. A bit of a Tube journey away from central London, but nice and close to the station. I will definitely go again!

--Inactive-- Astor Hyde Park, London, England
7.0
8th Sep 2007

It's an old building, so quite scruffy, but the beds were clean and the showers were good. With such an amazing location and easy access to public transport it's a nice place to stay. Unfortunately I wasn't very lucky with my roommates every night, but obviously that's not the hostel's fault. When there was a mix up about the beds in the room one night, I would have appreciated it if the staff had taken the argument to the reception istead of letting the upset crowd yell in the room for almost half an hour. Anyway, thanks, it's always nice to stay at Bayswater!

Broadway Hotel n Hostel, New York, USA
13th May 2007

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location is great - a view on Broadway from our window! Plenty of shops and great restaurants in walking distance + easy access to the heart of the city on the subway. You get a clean towel every day but a word of warning for the easily icked: the towels are white, so the old stains sometimes show. You might want to take your own towel if you're like me =) Our room had a ceiling fan which was great, but when it gets really hot, you'd probably wish for air con... Even though we shared the bathroom with many others, there was hardly any queuing to the bathrooms at any time of the day (at least not on our floor). Each bathroom had a shower, so you don't have to undress in front of other people like in some other hostels I've stayed at. Positive experience, highly recommended for other travellers on a tight budget!

Torquay House, London, England
7.3
15th Jan 2007

The room we stayed in had the most creeky bunk beds ever, but we also had our own fridge in the room, which was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very helpful and friendly and we had good time. Thanks!

Academica Summer Hostel, Helsinki, Finland
30th Aug 2006

Spacious and clean room, great breakfast! Recommended. =)

Olave House, London, England
7.7
1st Jun 2006

We had a nice stay in Olave House. Great location, friendly staff. The bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner and on one day the cleaner had left the door to our room open, but luckily no-one had been in there. Other than that it was all good.

Astor Leinster Inn, London, England
7th May 2006

It's a friendly place, always fun to stay. The only problem this time was that the Tube was a bit messed up, so travelling to and from the hostel takes a bit more time and patience than normally, but that's London.. I wouldn't recommend the hostel for the light sleepers who want to get an early night but I'm sure I'll be coming back sometime.

Hostel 149, London, England
5th Aug 2005

The shower room in our floor didn't lock, didn't have a shower curtain and no pegs to hang your towel, but other than that the hostel was very nice. Staff was friendly and the location's nice. Thanks!

Hotel Verdi, Amsterdam, Netherlands
27th Sep 2004

The staff at the hostel was very helpful and friendly. And the breakfast was extraordinary, I've never seen such a nice breakfast in a hostel before! The breakfast room is beautiful and the food was lovely. Thanks!