Location: Brazil, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Big Apple Hostel

New York, USA

Pretty simple place, but location couldn't be any better. Staff were very helpful when needed and coffee, only coffee is offered every morning. Toilets were clean but the rooms weren't, very old and dusty. My bed was a pile of two or three mattresses but there was a bulk bed in the same room. The area is very noise but I could barely hear the buzz in Times Square. It wasn't safe to keep the luggage in the basement. To sum up, it has it pros and cons and I would definitely go back.

This hostel surprised me! Staff were very helpful and friendly, specially the girl who made my check-in. Rooms had enough space, bed was comfy and bathroom was huge and cleaned on a daily basis. Breakfast had a selection of baguette and croissants or pain au chocolate and hot drinks, good enough. The building is great and halls always clean. Location is excellent, just a few yards from the Republique tube station, Bastille, Le Marais and Paris centre just a short walk away.

Hostel Smith

Nice, France

This hostel is terrible. The building itself seems to be shared with regular residents, after a very-hard-to-open castle door you reach the rooms. Quite small, very dirty floor and a small locker where you can keep your passport, better than nothing. Don't think about moving and your bed will be squeaking! Toilets were cleaned in a daily basis but shower with hot water only in the morning and one of them was no water at all. Not the safest place and

Londonears Hostel

Staff were not friendly at all they but were professional. Rooms didn't have a locker and bed were comfortable enough. Toilets outside weren't enough as the others were into renovation. The worst was the showers, the door was broken and it is a communal in which you have to take your shower with a wide open door and everyone in the corridor can stop and watch you should they wish. Ok just for sleeping,= and good location, a short walk from the Earl's Court tube station.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

One of the best hostel I have EVER been!! Great location besides the tube and a short walk from Alexanderplatz. Staff is really great and helpful, on arrival you get free drinks at the bar on the top floor. Rooms are absolutely stunning and bathroom is big enough with a great shower. We had to request for a superior private room after an issue with other people in the room and we were moved to a twin which was like a hotel with a great view! Breakfast was very good with a good selection! Great!

Prague Square Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The Argentinian girl at reception was great! We had lockers in the room and bathroom was clean, however the shower was tiny and there was no place to hang your clothes but not a major issue. Great shower by the way. Breakfast was quite simple but a selection of sandwiches was available. Location couldn't be ANY better and is the highlight in this hostel.

Bittersweet experience. Reception is in a place and I was surprised when told the rooms are in another address (8min walk). Very incovenient as meals are served in the 1st building, every morning you have to face the rain to have breakfast. Staff is nice, room is immaculate, VERY clean, beds made already, towels a glass and soap are given at the check-in, very good. There's also a sink in the room and a kettle and microwave along the corridor. Apart from the double location, everything was great

Hi Marcondes, Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay at International Students House. We are delighted to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully this enhanced your visit to London. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the room you were allocated. We do advise on our website that we have two different buildings one at Great Portland Street and one a five minute walk away in Regent's Park, you may be allocated a room in either building. We hope to welcome you again at International Students House in the near future.

Smart Hyde Park View

Staff were a bit rude but they help to what you need which is fair enough for the price you pay. Rooms are good except the bed over the other, bed for those one who has to sleep up on the very top. Location is perfect, few steps to the bus stop and two blocks away from Queenway and Bayswater tube stations. Breakfast very basic but included and it's enough to start the day. Would defo come back to this hostel.

Smart Hyde Park Inn

It's just an average hostel, you pay for what you get. Stayed in a room ensuite sharing with 4 more. Spotless clean but very hard to get there on top floor with heavy bag through the narrow stairs. Breakfast quite simple, staff is polite and location is GREAT! Overall I recommend the hostel and I'd defo come back.

Mar-Mar

Cinque Terre, Italy

When I got to the hostel there was a letter with the key to my room and all the necessary instructions. I went to my room and I was surprised that there was no one in a room for 13 people, it was only me. The room is very big and it has two toilets and shower and kitchen. Very good location in Riomaggiore. But there was nothing in Cinque Terre because of the floods in October, I didn't see anybody, not even the hostel staff. But I would recommend it in summer time!

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Very nice hostel, it looks like a hotel actually and I can say it's a LOT better than the average hostels in Florence! Location is EXCELLENT, only two blocks away from Santa Maria Novella Station. Besides it, the hostel is close to the main attractions in Florence. The rooms are big and I had bathroom with shower in my room, the only problem was that every time one took a shower the floor was wet. But we can choose from pizza to pasta free every night and breakfast is amazing! I recommend it!

Pop Inn Hostel

Rome, Italy

Very EXCELLENT location, just in front Termini Station. There are no (famous) tourist attractions nearby but it's very very hand to go anywhere by bus, tube or if you are travelling outside Rome that's the best option to stay in. Staff is friendly, rooms and toilets are clean. Shower is ok, there's a bit of noise which is pretty common in Rome. When I come back to Rome will definitely stay there again :)

AmicitiA (former Friesland)

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was a very good experience to stay in this hostels. Besides it is a boat you don't feel it when inside, room is small but enough for two people. Excellent location, just few minutes walking to Amsterdam Centraal, Red Light District, Dam Square etc Definitely would stay again when I come back to Amsterdam!

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Stayed in a pvt bedroom, very big room. Location is ok, just in front the tube station but doesn't seems to be a safe area. Breakfast was ok.

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Good location in Bristol and this is the best place to stay in and travel around! Rooms are very noise since there's a pub downstairs. So up to 2am there will be noise! Friendly is very nice tho. Rooms are ok and same for cleanness.

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

The best hostel I've ever stayed so far! The rooms are VERY clean, lined has been changed. Bathroom was also very very clean, that's something you've never seen in any other hostels. Location is great, few minutes walking from city centre and just in front the train station. Trycia is very nice and fun, she told me tours in Cork and how to go to the Rings of Kerry and Dingle. It was an amazing experience, definitely would stay there again!

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

I absolutely would stay there if again in Liverpool. Excellent location, clean, very friendly staff who gave me excellent tips of what to do and see in Liverpool and how to see all about The Beatles on my own. Very clean and nice breakfast.

Astor Victoria

The hostel is great! The only problem was no hot water in the shower, but not big deal! Very clean and tidy and EXCELLENT LOCATION. London is a city to come back always, certainly I'll stay in this hostel again.