Old City Philly House, Philadelphia, USA
22nd Nov 2013

The friendliest and most welcoming hostel I've stayed at. The only complaint is that there aren't enough bathrooms.

Capital View, Washington DC, USA
7.7
7th Nov 2013

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
6.0
5th Nov 2013

They didn't give me the bed I ordered but charged me more without telling me, then tried to blame it on hostelworld.

Hello thank you again for staying with us here at Q4! Sorry to hear of your experience. Original booking was for a mixed dorm as per policy as a single traveler you ran the risk of being changed to the appropriate dorm at check in if not before. It was indeed for the same rate which is why we corrected the amount and processed a refund for the $2 discrepancy. Apologies again for any confusion.

Wicked Hostels - Calgary, Calgary, Canada
7.7
9th Sep 2013

Maybe I labelled it incorrectly but my food in the fridge got tidied away.

Tidied away into ma belly, I wish - naw it would have got thrown out if it didn't have a name or was rotten. We have to clean the fridges pretty regularly. Thanks for the review! Cheers, Jeff

HI-Victoria, Victoria, Canada
6.3
27th Aug 2013

HotelHotel Hostel, Seattle, USA
18th Aug 2013

Everything great except not enough bathrooms.

8.0
12th Apr 2013

Really nice clean bathrooms, not really close to anything touristy but close to a metro station and some restaurants and shops. They'd checked six people into my four bed room so there was some moving to do. A tourist map of Shanghai would have been helpful. Overall a great place to stay.

您原来定的就是陆人间、再说我们也没有给您的房间安排陆个人,您房间只不过住了四个人,我们还给您每天还有免费的早餐。

Dengfeng Climb International Hostel, Dengfeng Shaolin Temple, China
7.1
8th Apr 2013

The bathroom could have used a bit more cleaning and a suit down toilet would have been nice for westerners. The staff were very helpful apart from recommending an expensive kung fu show that was more like music and dancing with a tiny bit of kung fu. The directions in the email weren't that helpful as I didn't find the bus stop I needed to leave from and the address wasn't in Chinese characters for the taxi driver.

Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
26th Feb 2013

Great place to stay but the bathrooms could do with a bit of redecorating. The laundry that was recommended was very expensive and kept losing my clothes.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
Mrs. Julie, Rome, Italy
8.0
13th Feb 2013

Very nice room but when we arrived we were hit with a hidden 'city tax' of 2 Euro per person per night which I wasn't aware of. I think this should be part of the given price and I felt cheated. Apart from that, nice new room, good location and friendly staff.

hi matthew, thanks for the review. the city tax is always separed charge in all properties in rome. before you can check before write down the review. on the our web site is write so clear about the tourist tax and also you have to check to the tourist information in rome. now all people can read the words like ''I felt cheated ''. I think is not good for us. we advertised the guest before they come here to visit the city. I try to do my best for the guests and I think is not fear your review. Davide

• New Zealand,
Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
5.7
29th Dec 2010

The room stunk and the shower drained too slowly so by the end of a short shower it was flooding. No locks on the lockers in the room.