Hostal Rana

Villa de Leyva, Colombia

Amazing showers, great beds, really relaxing homely little place. Loved it.

• 4th Sep 2014

The Cranky Croc Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Abrilliant beds, showers and food. Staff try their best and good location. The common space could be more comfortable and blocked off from outside elements a bit more as Bogota is cold! Hot showers and fruit breakfast are ace.

• 18th Jul 2014

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

• 5th Apr 2013

Hospedaje Dodero

Liberia, Costa Rica

Lovely place in a convenient place near bus stations. Nice rooms, cable tv! Nice garden with outside kitchen. Staff very friendly and helpful and funny too! They made us feel very welcome and we even had a group meal over Easter. Loved our stay there.”

• 30th Mar 2013

Jungla de Panama

Boquete, Panama

I wanted to stayfor the experience with the animals. The website talks a big talk about helping autistic children and rehabilitation. the animals are mostly looked after very well, the spider monkey has a big enclosure but is by himself. There are 2 little monkeys and an animal which name I forget in a very small enclosure,the animal runs from side to side. A clear sign of distress. I tried to find out why they were captive,a volunteer has also been trying to find out for 3months.

• 7th Mar 2013

Good afternoon! I am so happy that you visited us! I am sorry that our volunteers were not able to answer your questions, but I am more than happy to. The reason that some (not all) animals are in enclosures are for their own safety, or because they are in behavioral therapy. The spider monkey (Daisy) is currently by herself because the monkey that was her "roommate" is no longer onsite (though we would love to have a new friend for her). If you come to visit again and feel your questions are not being answered, please ask to see Dorothy, Angela, or Jeff. We would be more than happy to answer your questions. Have a great day!

Hotel Residencial Texas

Panama City, Panama

Basic but clean. Could do with new pillows n curtains but bed good. Location could be better but easy to get to old town. If all you need is a base this is fine.

• 4th Mar 2013