Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Spent 4 nights in March '13. The staff were fine, didn't interact with them much but all were friendly. Facilities are adequate, bar the 7 bed dorm having only one light source and basically one socket by the door. Tiny safe per bed, think passport and wallet size space. My main peeve was that I was charged an extra 5% for using a non-South African credit card to pay, no warning until I was there with it in hand.

• 5th Mar 2013

Interhostel

Stockholm, Sweden

My stay was Sun-Tues. Room 3, beside reception, 12 bed mixed dorm. Overall I had a good stay, Katja (on reception) was great. Showers and toilets clean and the bed was comfortable. Having lights and plug sockets by each bed is great. The metal bunks are a bit loud and the wifi signal was a bit weak.

• 19th Sep 2012

Kinlay House Cork

Cork, Ireland

really enjoyed my stay. The secure motorbike parking was the reason we chose the hostel and it was also very good.

• 14th Apr 2012

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Stayed one night but had difficulty finding an approprate room although the staff were really helpful. Seemed like a nice place to stay overall though

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Overall I enjoyed it here but if you need quiet to sleep don't stay in any room wall-adjacent to the pub as every song and a fair few conversations are audible.

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

I only stayed here one night but the bed was extremely comfy and the hot chocolate is excellent

Point Break Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

I stayed here for a week and found it to be one of the best hostels during my trip. Location isn't central to the city but for beach visits it's perfect.

Pentlands Backpackers Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Had single room#5. Window opened onto entry porch -> not private unless curtans closed, also has window in door as well. Otherwise a lovely place to stay. Cheers