• 11th Oct 2013

Jam Hostel Kyoto Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Very clean and comfortable beds. I recommend staying in the 6 bdrm as it incl a sink, toilet and a balcony in the room. Surprisingly spacious for a Japanese hostel and the staff are nice and helpful. The sake bar downstairs is a great place to meet others and the Gion neighbourhood is central. I recommend renting a bike to explore Kyoto!

• 7th Oct 2013

Guest House Korea Busan Station

Busan, South Korea

The hostel was new and the beds were comfortable with clean linens. However, I'm not sure if it was due to the busy BIFF weekend, but the common space and bathrooms could really use more frequent upkeep. The smelly toilets ran out of paper quickly and the shower drains were clogging with hair. Staff would often hide in the back staff room and not man the front desk and seemed annoyed when I would ask simple questions. The clean rooms and central location are a good value for money though.

• 5th Oct 2013

The Forest Hostel

Jeju Island, South Korea

The staff at the Forest are fantastic. They go out of their way to get to know you and sit down to help you with the logistics of your stay in Jeju Island. As a solo traveler, I was fortunate enough to meet some fantastic people at the hostel due to the facilitating by Danny and Alex and I am forever grateful. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious. I'd recommend splurging for the ensuite bathroom room for females (rm. 105). Warning: be sure to get off at the right bus stop!

• 21st Sep 2013

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The single beds with storage under was a surprisingly refreshing respite from the cramped bunk beds of other hostels. The place was cleaned daily and the staff were amazing - warm, friendly and helpful. The rooftop patio was a fantastic place to unwind with a great view and even better company. The location was pretty good except you had to beat back the aggressive shop keepers as soon as you set foot outside but that's to be expected in that neighbourhood. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 19th Aug 2013

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Hostel Miran is a great place to stay in Mostar. He and his family run the place and it is clean and they are very hospitable. They even pick you up from the bus station! The beds are comfortable and the linens clean. The walk to the famous bridge is about 10 mins and the walk over the river is about the same. His tour was also fun and memorable. Miran and his family were especially good to me while I was sick from a bad cold. I will never forget their kindness.

• 21st Apr 2013

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Easily the best hostel I've stayed at. It was a great place to meet wonderful people as a solo female traveler -- so much so I extended my stay an extra few nights! The staff really set the tone for the whole place, it really did feel like home! They even give you a homemade map of places they recommend in the area and make sure there is always someone around to answer questions. I'd go back anytime!

• 10th Apr 2013