Hostal Central

Barcelona, Spain

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

not easy to find the place

Samay Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

I felt like staying at home with a kitchen on each floor and travellers talking with each other in the common room. The location is excellent and the rent is very reasonable.

Hostal Santillan

Madrid, Spain

very good location, easy to walk to any important places of local interests. The entrance to the building seemed to me very impressive, looking like a very important place.

Hostal Machin

Madrid, Spain

very clean and good for money

Otel Buhara

Istanbul, Turkey

This hotel needs some repair as the window in my room could not be closed and the toilet tube was leaking. If you used it, there was water all over the ground. I had to have my room changed after a long negotiation, but then was given a smaller room with a single bed.

Ufuk Hotel Pension

Goreme, Turkey

The single private ensuite room is too small and the light is dim. One could hardly read in the room. The best thing for the hotel, in my opinion, was that you were allowed to take a shower even after you checked out.

Ozbay Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

I booked for a single private ensuite room, but was given 2 single beds.

Vardar Family Pension

Selcuk, Turkey

Among the 6 hotels I stayed in my 15 day tour of Turkey, I think Vardar is the best. All family members were friendly, who would greet you each time you came in. I was especially moved, just at the time when I left the family pension, the woman-in-charge called me to halt from the other side of the street and gave me a fig, when she just drove her car home. I felt warm. Besides, the hotel is very good for value and very convenient in shopping, eating and moving around.

Efsane Hotel

Bergama, Turkey

My stay at Efsane Hotel was happy. When I wanted a taxi, the woman staff called the driver for me, 3 times. When I left the hotel, she took me to the near bus stop from which I travelled to Selcuk, instead of going to the Otogar (the city bus terminal), which saved me time and money.

Istanbul Holiday Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

The room and the bed are too small. I just did not feel like enjoying a $55 single private ensuite for a single day, not to speak of 2 days. I suspected I was not given a proper room.

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

The breadfast time needs to be kept. 8 o'clock is 8:00, not 8:30.

Hotel Taj Plaza

Agra, India

I didn't see much difference when I paid INS 600 for "standard double bed' on Feb.7 and INS 1200 for "superior double bed" on Feb.8. For a backpaker, never ever pay more money for a room facing Taj Mahal. Actually, you can't have a good view, partially blocked by a water tank of the next-door hotel. The money you saved is far enough for you to enjoy beer, coffee or dinner at the roof-top restaurant and a better view.

Hotel Taj Plaza