Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Neptunes Town Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

Cute and cozy hostel in a great location to pubs and restaurants and the national park, but unfortunate;y there was construction going on right outside the hostel starting very early in the morning every day except Sunday, and as such the outdoor cafe tables pictured on the hostelworld site were gone. Hopefully this will not be going on for long. Bummer it had to be going on while we were there.

Morningside Inn

New York, USA

Nice location with many nice pubs and stuff nearby, with easy access to Central Park. a bit inconvenient if you want to get to Brooklyn or something far away, since you have to get back to the city center first, and even the closest subway is maybe a mile away, but not a bad walk as long as you're not lugging your heavy bags around. The staff were friendly, and there was a mini fridge in the room and a microwave/stove on my floor, so you could buy stuff and eat/drink there. No common areas :(

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I had a blast at HostelOne! It was so easy to make friends, the staff is super friendly, the bar is great, Sammy is the best party starter and has a great playlist on his iPod, plus if you stick around until midnight make sure to try the free shots!!! It isn't right in the city center, but it's really easy to take public transport there from the train station, and once I had my bags at the hostel I found it was a pretty easy walk to the old town. Stay here if you want good times!!!

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in, and great value for the money! The building is magnificent, the rooms are beautiful, everything is very clean, it's near an Underground line and walking distance to Checkpoint Charlie and other landmarks, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that they don't have a kitchen, so you can't store food or cook for yourself, because they want you to eat at the attached restaurant. But a great stay overall.

Asylum Sydney

Sydney, Australia

They really took good care of me, I met some lovely friends, and I wish I could have stayed longer. Must admit that anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing stay probably won't like this place, but if you're looking for a wild good time it's perfect.