Greenhouse Backpacker

Melbourne, Australia

There was a youngish girl with brown hair at the reception who was SO rude. We really didn't understand her attitude. And she was just as, if not more rude, when we checked out so it's not like she was just having one bad day. She really ruined our staff-interactions, but the actual hostel was nice enough.

• 1st Feb 2014

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

Extremely expensive for the tiny room that we got. Over $200 for a bunk bed and barely enough room to open the door. But it's a very secure building and the location is great.

• 3rd Aug 2013

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

It was relatively clean, but when I checked in there was a lt of black hair in the drain... yuck. Staff seemed a little too-cool-for-school and weren't always helpful, depends who was on. Everything else was good :)

Sunday Guest House Sihanouk Ville

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

After reading a lot of reviews I chose this hotel because it seemed like good value for money, but I was sorely disappointed. The room and bedding stank, the bathroom was filthy and didn't drain properly so the floor was continually soaked. It was so horrible that we left early and went somewhere else. The manager was also quite hostile. Just a big no from me, I don't recommend it to anyone. There are nicer, cheaper, CLEANER places closer to the beach.

• 11th Feb 2012