Meiai Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A whole new concept of hostel.

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Not a very welcoming place, the living room is used mostly by one staff (a manager?) and his friends and they put themselves first, so not many people used the kitchens and living areas except during breakfest. I stayed for 8 nights in a dorm, which was cramped and I didn't get bed sheets changed during that time. I moved to a single for 4 nights, it was ok. That said, I don't know why this place is "recommended" by Hostelworld because it doesn't excel at anything, at being pretentious maybe.

Casa Fischer Hostal

Valparaiso, Chile

I stayed for two nights in the hostel, the dorm is huge and beautiful, with 6 nice wooden beds, each bed has its own locker. Bathrooms were also good and clean. Very good place if you want to have some rest meanwhile you enjoy valparaiso.

The hostel is well located in Montmartre, what seems to be the heart and soul of the city. I got surprised when I found out that there was a bathroom in my 4 beds dorm, and apparently it got cleaned on a daily basis. The Wifi worked in my bedroom on the 5th floor. Charged in advance preventing from opportunist pickpockets. There is a good laundry where you can wash your nice clothes for a reasonable price. They might improve the music selection for the common/breakfast room though. Henrique

Stand Fast Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Surely a good hostel to stay in Rio, located in central Botafogo close to the tube station and a bus stop with circular lines taking you everywhere in zona sul. The private bedroom was good with air-conditioning, everything works fine as the hostel is new. The only problem was that there was no water when I arrived, something that was fixed in a couple of hours.