Location: England, Age: 25

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A perfectly adequate hostel, located in a decent area and only a tram ride away from Dam Square etc. We had a three-bed room, which was comfortable, but I've been to hostels that have much more character and with staff that are really enthusiastic in helping, chatting to guests. Although I would recommend this as a nice, quiet hostel, I also think that travelers could find a more than adequate place to stay for the same amount of money in a more central location.

• 25th Jan 2013

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

A stylish place to stay and a good base from which to discover the city. Everything was comfortable and clean which is a great start. However I didn't feel like this was a hostel as there was little or no socialising. Also the receptionist didn't let us check in until the evening, without apologising for inconveniencing us. All in all, a good place to stay but not my favourite hostel. It's definitely more like a hotel, so if you're looking for the hostel experience this won't do it for you.

• 25th Feb 2012

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

This hostel was definitely a home away from home. We met some amazing people and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty for everyone. In my case, this involved tracking down and returning my lost phone from a taxi driver once I had returned to London. Nothing can beat the atmosphere and location of this hostel, which were two reasons why we enjoyed ourselves so much. Although we were a little disappointed with the bathroom facilities, we couldn't bear to leave.

• 26th Jan 2012