Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Mladenka Matusic Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Mladenka makes you feel so at home in her home that we could not find anything to complain about! Being a guesthouse, it's not a place for socialising but given the convenient location (near the port & bus station and a 25 minute walk/10 minute bus ride from the old town), and the coziness of the accommodation, I definitely recommend staying here.

• 18th Apr 2014

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

After a long journey to Kotor, we were pleasantly surprised to arrive to an upgraded room in this hostel. The room was for a group of 4 even though we were only 2, and had a kitchenette as well as en ensuite bathroom, so there was ample room. The quality of the room itself was good and we loved the exposed brick, as well as the building itself. This hostel is nestled within the walls of the old city so very convenient indeed. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. All in all, a great choice!

• 17th Apr 2014

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A perfectly adequate hostel, located in a decent area and only a tram ride away from Dam Square etc. We had a three-bed room, which was comfortable, but I've been to hostels that have much more character and with staff that are really enthusiastic in helping, chatting to guests. Although I would recommend this as a nice, quiet hostel, I also think that travelers could find a more than adequate place to stay for the same amount of money in a more central location.

• 25th Jan 2013

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

A stylish place to stay and a good base from which to discover the city. Everything was comfortable and clean which is a great start. However I didn't feel like this was a hostel as there was little or no socialising. Also the receptionist didn't let us check in until the evening, without apologising for inconveniencing us. All in all, a good place to stay but not my favourite hostel. It's definitely more like a hotel, so if you're looking for the hostel experience this won't do it for you.

• 25th Feb 2012

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

This hostel was definitely a home away from home. We met some amazing people and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty for everyone. In my case, this involved tracking down and returning my lost phone from a taxi driver once I had returned to London. Nothing can beat the atmosphere and location of this hostel, which were two reasons why we enjoyed ourselves so much. Although we were a little disappointed with the bathroom facilities, we couldn't bear to leave.

• 26th Jan 2012