Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Zackry Guest House

Langkawi, Malaysia

I've stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and Zackry Guest House would have to be one of the best! It is immaculately clean, the free wifi works everywhere (including your room), and the hostel manager Zam is great value - he knows all the best local places to eat and will help you out with anything if you just ask. I travelled on my own and having a single room was also really nice. I highly recommend this hostel - all you need to bring is a lock for the cupboard in your room!

• 20th Jul 2014

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The hostel staff were great, and the place was really clean, (maybe because you had to take your shoes off when you came in). There were no locks on the rooms, but you could put your things in a locker - provided you had your own lock. The location is great - next to a monorail station and walking distance to Chinatown and the Petronas Towers. Wifi worked in the rooms as well as the common areas, although there were just two power points in the room so you had to share charging time for power.

• 31st Jul 2013

B Hotel & Hostel

New York, USA

The hostel is brand new so is clean, but still needs a few things fixed (like hooks in the bathroom to hang your things). The walls of the cubicle/bedrooms don't reach the ceilings, so you can hear when other people are snoring or talking (so take earplugs) - but people are quiet when they realise this. Wifi worked on level 3, the staff were great, and the price was excellent for NY - I hope the price stays low. The area was good, with cheap fruit shops and a train station close by.

• 10th Jul 2013

Abraham House

Dublin, Ireland

The breakfast was good - cereal, toast, yoghurt, juice, tea and coffee, and the day time staff were great. The guy on nightshift when I came in didn't know how to properly work the eft machine so it converted the currency which I didn't want. The wifi didn't work in the rooms, and the carpet in the corridor had stains and smelt a bit funny, but the rooms themselves were clean. Dublin is expensive, & so is the hostel, but for the area it's standard prices. The bus to the airport was 2.40 euro.

• 8th Jul 2013

Santorini Breeze Studios

Santorini, Greece

Everything was great, especially Markos the owner! He answered all questions and gave heaps of info on where to go and what to do. The wifi worked well, the rooms were fairly quiet when people weren't talking in the court yard, and the stove top in the kitchenette worked. The hostel is near a bakery, pharmacy & bus stop to Fira. If flying in/out take the airport transfer from the hostel-I tried the local bus and it was late so I missed the connecting bus and had to take a taxi for the same price

• 6th Jul 2013

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

The hostel is on a beach area, so it's sandy, making the cleaning people work hard. There is not much security because there are so many people around, and the doors open without a key. The staff were good, and the free pick up from the airport and drop off at the ports was very helpful. The wifi wasn't free - you had to buy something from the bar to get a code for 24 hours of wifi use. Overall a good, cheap place to stay for a night or two.

• 28th Jun 2013

Hostelche

Belgrade, Serbia

The staff at Hostelche are the best! The breakfast they put on was awesome and all the staff know each guest by name. The hostel is secure and in a great location to the train and bus stations, and a few minutes walk to the centre of the city. I enjoyed my time here and would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a smaller, personalised and friendly place to stay.

• 26th Jun 2013

Ravnice Youth Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

The staff were wonderful and the hostel was so clean I was really impressed. The kitchen has everything you need to cook, and even though the hostel was a tram ride out of the city it was worth it for a decent sleep. The wifi doesn't always work in the rooms, but it does in the kitchen. I'd stay here again if I went back to Zagreb. Thanks again!

• 24th Jun 2013

Hostel Park

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The hostel was really close to the train station, but the staff are used to hotel guests I guess, so they weren't up for a chat or passing on much information. The wifi worked in the room on the top floor which was good, and they had a washing machine and dryer you could pay to use. The bathrooms were really clean and the room was quiet but would be good with a little fridge and a fan.

• 23rd Jun 2013

Treestyle Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Norbert was wonderful- he knew so much about Budapest and was a great pub crawl host. The hostel was well located, but rooms facing the street were noisy at night. Room access via swipe card & wifi worked in my room #101. I got bitten by something at the hostel (multiple bites in clusters) and the girl on reception said it was mosquitoes - but the other girls in my room didn't get bitten. The bites looked exactly like pictures of bed bug bites & I told the staff so I hope they burn the mattress.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Dear Guest! Thank you for your good review, i would like to inform you that after your stay we had many guests in that room where you were staying and during a week we had no complaints from any guests and none had been bitten. Finally the conclusion is that it must have been mosquitoes and not bed bugs. But to make sure we changed all the matresses this morning. Seeing that you were satisfied, we hope to see you again at the hostel soon. Best regards, Norbert

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Hostel Blues was a great place! I arrived very early and could store my luggage and had a good chat to Andy on reception - he has so much info to give it's amazing! The A/C was good to have in the reception area, (not in rooms) and the wifi occasionally worked in the rooms. Having towels included in the price was a bonus, and the cleaning ladies do a great job. The girls on reception when I checked out were wonderful too - and helped rebook my bus to Budapest when it didn't show up.

• 19th Jun 2013

Panda Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The staff at Panda Hostel are wonderful, as is the free breakfast of bread and spreads, cheese, cucumber and tomato, cereals, tea and coffee! The hostel is very clean, and is located in a great area of the Jewish quarter so there is always lots going on if you want to go out at night. I would highly recommend this hostel and will stay there again when I am next in Krakow :-)

• 16th Jun 2013

Panda Hostel

Krakow, Poland

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you :) Come back soon!

Equity Point Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel is brand new, so everything is clean and works well at this stage. Breakfast is good, with cereals, toast and juice. Security is by swipe cards, but bring your own lock for the room lockers. The guy on reception when I checked in at 11pm was SOOO slow, and I waited one hour to be checked in - their booking system or staff need some improvement. I was given a bed that you couldn't access the ladders, so had to ask to change beds, but The manager did sort it out for me the next day,

• 12th Jun 2013

Astor Victoria

The staff were friendly, the location was great for the Victoria Bus Station, and the breakfast was excellent with a selection of cereals, rolls, bread and spreads available. The security wasn't great with the front door being open most times, and some people in my 8 bed dorm leaving the dorm room open, and the building is old and small so our room was a bit cramped and needed some more air, but it was ok for a few nights.

• 9th Jun 2013

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff were nice, however the room I was in smelt musty. I told the staff and they sprayed some nice smelling stuff but it didn't fix the musty smell. I think the rooms need to be painted and given a proper clean. There were only two toilets & two showers for all the girls in the hostel, and the showers are tiny little spaces with no ventilation. There was free wifi in the reception area, & free luggage storage, but people could wander in and out and no one would really notice. Ok value.

• 29th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for reviewing us. We did a deep clean of your room due the smell being reported, we could not find anything that may have caused the smell but we can assure you that there have been no more reports and the room is very clean. Thanks

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

I was most happy with the Glasgow Youth Hostel. Beautiful big old building, quiet place to stay, I had a good sleep and loved the ensuite bathroom and shower that were both really clean. The staff were wonderful, and the only downside would be that you had to pay for wifi. Otherwise everything was great and the 15 minute walk to the centre of town meant you got some exercise on the way! (PS. There is no elevator in the building, so be prepared to carry your bags - and pack light)

• 28th May 2013

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

It was a little difficult to find because the city is a maze of streets, but once there the staff were wonderful. The wifi worked on my phone, the cleaners do an excellent job, and the rooms and beds were good. There was too much smoke in the hostel at night for my liking, but it was just for one night so was bearable. The staff did a good job to keep everyone quiet after midnight.

• 11th May 2013

Atlantic Hostel

Essaouira, Morocco

The staff at the hostel are wonderful, and will help with anything. The girls who clean do a great job, and they also cook amazing tagines for dinner (small extra charge). The wifi didn't work on my phone, although it was working on someone else's computer. There is no front door so people can come and go as they please, but the staff know who is staying there and keep an eye on things for you. The kitchen needs a few more sharp knives, but there was always soap and toilet paper which was great!

• 10th May 2013

La Casa del Sol

Seville, Spain

It was a nice quiet hostel with just me and two other girls in the six bed dorm. The airconditioning wasn't working, although I didn't mind because I like the heat, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked in the room (using my phone). The location was good to get the airport bus early in the morning, and it was quiet to sleep. A good cheap place to stay.

• 9th May 2013

The Bird's Nest

Montego Bay, Jamaica

The hostel was great, as was Katerina, however you need to remember that the price doesn't include the Government tax of 17.5% to the cost of your room. Very friendly and welcoming place to stay!

• 20th Aug 2012

Hostel Airport Mexico DF

Mexico City, Mexico

This hostel was great - Alberto and his mum were wonderful and it is in a perfect location so close to the airport. I couldn't get the wifi working, but other than that. I'd highly recommend this hostel!

• 4th Aug 2012

Oporto Fado Hostel

Porto, Portugal

The staff were excellent and told me everything I needed to know about Porto. The hostel only has a key for the front door and not the rooms, so as long as the front door is locked all is good. The place was full when I arrived on a Sunday night and therefore was very noisy (it has wooded floors and my room was right near the bathrooms), and the toilet paper ran out before the evening, but other than this it was a nice place to stay. Very close to the train to the airport which was great.

• 3rd Jul 2011

Fundalucia

Granada, Spain

The town is out of Granada, so if you're looking for something central, this is not it. The actual cottage is lovely and the town is picturesque, so if you want somewhere to relax and escape it all, this is it.

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

The hostel is a short walk from the main train station, and staff were helpful, however the rooms are extremely basic and if you get one along the street they are also quite noisy. Ok for one night however.