Trekker Camp

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Trekker Camp is about a 45min walk from the Night Bazaar and the main square of Chiang Rai. Most tuk tuks and songteaws don't know where it is. The best price I got was 80 for a tuk tuk and 50 for a songteaw.

• 5th Jul 2013

CityRest Motels

Colombo, Sri Lanka

This is a cheap place close to the train and bus stations. I stayed with a friend for one night and it was ok. We arrived late and left early. But neither of us would have liked to stay on our own. There was a big gap in the ceiling and it was somewhat noisy. The room was tiny and very basic. So, overall, fine for the price. A bed and a bathroom. But nothing more than that.

• 17th Dec 2012

I loved everything about this place. From the instructions on how to get there to the very warm welcome, the food recommendations and the room itself. Friendly. Good facilities. A warm welcome. What more could you want!

• 18th Sep 2012

Good on Ya Lov.

Hornbill Holiday Home

Colombo, Sri Lanka

The room was much nicer than I imagined I'd get for the price. They do single rooms which is very nice indeed. I usually have to pay the price for a double even though I travel alone. :)

• 1st Jul 2011

Tropic Inn

Colombo, Sri Lanka

The Tropic Inn is in Mount Lavinia which is not in Central Colombo but I knew that so it didn't bother me. I booked a bed in a female dorm. The first time I stayed I stayed in the College Rd building. They gave me a twin room for the price of the dorm. The second time I stayed at the Hotel Rd site. For two of my three nights I had the room to myself. The staff are very lovely and friendly. Their English is good. Overall, it was a great place to stay and was excellent value for the price. :)

• 7th Jan 2011