Comics Guesthouse

Rome, Italy

The hostel itself was clean, airy with quirky deco. It is right by a metro stop, but when I arrived the metro was not working so it was a very long, slow bus ride (with no stop announcements!) to the hostel. However, it is in a nice relaxing area that is good if you want a break from the tourist sites. The main downside was the reception hours. On my final night reception closed at 7pm and people arriving later were just left with a mobile number to call and their keys taped to the door inside!

• 15th Jul 2014

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

The location of this hostel is great (practically on top of the leaning tower, it's so close!) and the atmosphere while I was there was really relaxed and friendly. It felt like staying at someone's house rather than a hostel :)

• 12th Jul 2014

Villa Divine

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Very friendly hostel with a fab terrace and close to some of the smaller, quieter beaches. The location is not ideal, although the staff were excellent in providing clear directions and information on everything about Dubrovnik, including bus timetables etc. I had a great stay here and would definitely return!

• 12th Aug 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Divine and hope that we will be able to greet you again in Dubrovnik!

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

A nice hostel in an amazing location. The staff are helpful, although the hostel does not have the same lively atmosphere of other hostels. I would also note that the 4 bed dorm room I was in was considerably smaller than other hostel rooms I have stayed in.

• 10th Aug 2013

Backpackers Fairytale

Split, Croatia

Really friendly hostel- the staff are exceptionally welcoming and the common room/balcony is lovely (although slightly confused by the 'huge terrace' that is advertized as this wasn't even mentioned in the tour, and I never found it during my 3 night stay!!!). I'd definitely stay again :)

• 9th Aug 2013

Die Wohngemeinschaft

Cologne, Germany

Great hostel- worth a visit just to see the themed rooms. Only downside was that the reception was not 24/7 so had to wait to check in when I arrived on the night train.

• 17th Dec 2012

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

This was a great hostel- really friendly, and the staff had great knowledge of everything the city has to offer, from baths and public transport to live music and clubs. The hostel itself was always spotless and had everything we could possibly need.

• 21st Feb 2011