Location: New Zealand, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Unfortunately, I was only in Fiji for 12 hours but had a fantastic night stay at Smuggler's. Everyone is very friendly.. I was gutted that I had to leave as I was just on a stop over. I plan to return!

Samesun Venice Beach

Los Angeles, USA

Had a very enjoyable night stay at Samesun. Staff are friendly, Facilities are good and a nice backpacker atmosphere. This place is 100x better than Venice Beach Hostel so if you are trying to make a decision between the 2.. Choose Samesun!

Venice Beach Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

Although Venice Beach Hostel is in a great location, it is by far one of the worst hostels i've stayed at and there are 2 reasons for this. Poor Staff and Poor Facilities. Everything is very run down.. you get the vibe that the owners don't care about the property at all. I booked a 7 bed dorm but got put into a 13 bed dorm. Most staff have a negative attitude towards people. If you want to be in a more welcoming hostel that is a lot better value for money, choose Samesun.

The Local NYC

New York, USA

The Local is a fantastic Hostel. Everything is very modern. Great large social space with different zones whether you just want to chill out or socialise and have a beer at the bar, the hostel is very accommodating. Staff are very friendly and helpful with suggestions on things to do. Location in Queens is super close to Subway / Manhattan. All in all, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Hlemmur Square

Reykjavik, Iceland

Enjoyed my stay at Hlemmur Square. I had just 2 days and the staff were very helpful with helping me book tours especially when a driver failed to turn up, the friendly staff member called up the tour operators for me and made sure I wasn't missed. Nice modern facilities - only have 2 negative comments.. Kitchen was a bit average, microwave didn't work and I thought it was very cheeky / a bit of a rip off being asked to pay 1200kr for breakfast. This should be free.

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Mundo is a great backpackers / chill out hostel especially in Krakow where there are plenty of party hostels full of group travellers. I got greeted with a warm smile and some leftover pancakes! Nice social area to meet others / cook dinner and have a drink. Really enjoyed my stay, thanks.

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

I only stayed at this hostel for 1 night. It is very much a party hostel so if you're keen on having a big night in Krakow, this is probably a good choice. Unfortunately if you arrive in Krakow late at night after a big flight (as in my situation), this is not an ideal hostel as it is very noisy until at least 3am. I suggest the hostel to implement a quiet time policy after 12am.

Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

Hostel Split is in a great location and was a great place for me to stay overnight after being on Hvar and catching a flight the next day. I liked the idea of having a computer in the dorm room and a fridge. Very handy for chilling drinks especially in the middle of summer.

Hvar Out Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

A great hostel to stay at. Most people congregate and have a drink on the terrace roof at night and then we all hit the Kiva (backpacker) bar which is a nice way to meet fellow travellers. Staff were great with recommendations. Hvar Island Rocks!

Grand hostel LerO

Split, Croatia

Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Gave me some great suggestions on things to do in Split and informed how to get to a Beach via the gardens - a pretty nice walk. The hike up the hill with luggage in the middle of Summer is a bit of a challenge but once checked into this Hostel, it is very good value for money

Hostel City Central Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Great private room, got offered a deluxe one at a discounted rate. The owner is really friendly and helpful. Thanks

City Circus Athens

Athens, Greece

Great Location for ticking off all the sights of Athens old town although be warned.. Many people are trying to get money off you so keep your wits about. Hostel is very nice and modern. I booked a bit late so had to move rooms 3 times during my 4 night stay which wasn't convenient but the staff went out of their way to ensure I could stay an extra 2 nights which was great.

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

A nice stay at this Hostel - I actually stayed here on 2 separate occasions in a double room - great that they gave me a single room price. The second time - I had missed a flight and was desperate for accommodation and the Metropolis staff came to the rescue! Also a good time up on the rooftop meeting fellow travelers while having shisha

Hostel 33

Faro, Portugal

Had a great overnight stay at Hostel 33. Joined the staff and fellow backpackers for dinner which was great to chat and meet others. Great location next to the train station too. Thanks Hostel 33 - Postman Pat Kiwi

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This is a real party hostel so if you're wanting to meet people, get drunk and make a racket in Dublin then this place is for you! If you are wanting to try get a good nights sleep, I suggest you go somewhere else as there's young school kids drunkenly running around the hostel until 3am every night.. Plus the free Internet cuts out all the time and is pretty much impossible to use and 80% of the kitchen doesn't work ie: only 3 of 12 stoves work so cooking is a nightmare.

We are sorry if Isaacs wasn't for you. Isaacs is a great place to meet people - We certainly have a very sociable and friendly atmosphere but certainly not all our guests are here to get drunk. We did have some groups in during your stay and we are so sorry that their behavior disturbed you. We do ask that our guests consider others and wil always help if asked. Our Wifi has been improved vastly but we are re looking at this as some parts of the hostel seem better than others. The kitchen will be upgraded shortly. Our sister hostel Jacobs In around the corner has Private ensuite rooms which may suit of you are ever back in Dublin

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Staff were very friendly and it was great to chat and get their recommendations for a night out in Galway town. I felt it wasn't much of a social hostel during my stay as no one seemed to really engage with each other but that's not Sleepzone's fault.. just the luck of the draw of travelers I guess.