Reviews: rigel_alphard14795

Location Mexico, Gender Male, Age 30

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
22nd Jul 2016

Hostel’s facilities are amazing. However, there are some problems with the staff. Personally, I wouldn’t stay there again. On July 23 at midnight, 2 staff members entered my dorm (201-Moray) and started to do beds while chatting loudly no matter there were 3 people sleeping. I had to be at the airport at 5am and just wanted to sleep. Reception is always crowded and there is a lack of staff there (only 2 guys even if the desk is huge). You have to wait 15-20 minutes in order to receive attention.

Thank you so much for your comment, we are glad that you had a great time with us, We are sorry about the Reception we are going to take care of it as soon as possible so this won't happen again also well take care of the beds issue so this doesn't happen in the future. Kind Regards, Front Desk Manager.

The Celtic Cross, Sucre, Bolivia
14th Jul 2016

I arrived very early and Mike allowed me to use the dorm for sleeping a couple of hours before check-in time. Having some rest is amazing after hours sat on a bus. Dorms and bathrooms are nice and clean. Kitchen and courtyard are amazing. You receive your own key for the main door. Not far away from downtown, near to La Recolecta, an amazing point for seeing the sunset and buying handcrafts. Unfortunately, the hostel’s wifi was terrible, the worse I found while in Bolivia.

Pirwa La Paz, La Paz, Bolivia
10th Jul 2016

I DID love Pirwa hostel! I really felt at home. Amazing comfortable beds – you won’t feel cold at night. Breakfast is excellent. The hostel isn’t located in downtown so you’ll have to take bus, but it is very easy to arrive there. Neighborhood is safe and peaceful – you’ll find a supermarket, restaurants, ATM, and a cableway station for an AMAZING view of La Paz at sunset. The staff is SO friendly and you’ll enjoy your stay here. The only bad thing is the shower: a bathtub for all guests.

Kokopelli Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
7th Jul 2016

Nice building, beautiful courtyards and amazing location. Hot water 24 hours and strong wifi. Breakfast could be better. I’d booked a pod in a deluxe 10 beds dorm and was changed to a normal 10 bed dorm – I didn’t have problem with that because they notified me in advance. However, this dorm doesn’t have plugs! If you offer a dorm for 10 people, there must be wall sockets in order to charge batteries and cell phones! Fortunately, I was prepared with extra batteries and only stayed two nights.

Chile Pepper Hostel, Santiago, Chile
14th Jan 2016

An excellent place if you are looking for relax. This was my last hostel in Chile and I have no complains. The neighborhood is very safe and you can find restaurants, a supermarket and a laundry not far away.

Hostal Acuarela, Valparaiso, Chile
12th Jan 2016

Excellent breakfast (there was even tropical fruit!!!) and wifi. Dorms are a little crowded but you are not in Valparaiso in order to spend the whole day inside the room. Easy to arrive from the bus station even if it seems complicated due to the city’s geography. Amazing view of the bay from the roof!

Chile Pepper Hostel, Santiago, Chile
9th Jan 2016

A nice place in Santiago. Safe and quiet neighborhood. It is very easy to arrive by subway. Dorms are big enough and bathrooms very clean. You will enjoy your stay here.

Cafofo Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
10th Jan 2015

Only stayed some hours while waiting for my flight at night. However, since my arrival I understood its name, “cafofo”: you can feel at home in this nice place. Breakfast was excellent (or maybe I was so hungry after travelling from BH) and the staff very kind. Even if you don’t find first class accommodation here, you’ll enjoy the atmosphere.

Laranja Mecanica Hostel & Pousada, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
6th Jan 2015

Nice, safe and calm neighborhood. Very clean hostel, bathrooms are amazing and dorms have enough space. Laundry and restaurant service inside the hostel are an excellent option and price is cheap. It’s easy to take a bus from the hostel to downtown or other touristic places in BH.

The Hostel Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil
28th Dec 2014

Only slept a night there, so my review is kind of simple, sorry. Dorm and showers a little crowded but they were clean and that’s good. Nice breakfast, enough food for having a good meal. Location is excellent since subway station is very near on Avenida Paulista. There’s also a supermarket just in front of the hostel.

Motter Home Curitiba Hostel, Curitiba, Brazil
24th Dec 2014

I arrive in Curitiba after been stolen in Rio. A little money, no camera, no phone, afraid of everything… but here in Motter Home Curitiba I found a great place, one of the best hostels I visited while in Brazil. Cleanliness is more-than-excellent, dorms very comfortable and the staff is SO kind and friendly I cannot complain of anything. A staff girl even helped me in order to register my new phone using her CPF. Christmas Eve dinner was AMAZING and everything was delicious.

Discovery Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
22nd Dec 2014

Since my arrival, I understood why this is one of the bets hostels in Rio. Excellent location, nice and friendly staff, very clean rooms and bathrooms, amazing breakfast (all you can eat)! I have no complains about the hostel nor the staff. Unfortunately, Gloria neighborhood can be a dangerous area at night if you walk alone beyond the main streets. Beware! I had a horrible experience being robbed on Avenida Infante Dom Henrique, but it was my fault.

Fulano Backpackers, Bogota, Colombia
6.9
26th Jul 2014

Hostel cleanliness and security are excellent and the neighborhood is nice and safe! However, I wouldn’t come back here. It’s a party hostel, so if you want to sleep on Saturday, forget it! Parties are inside the hostel and music is played too loud even after midnight. Female staff is neither nice nor friendly. 8-beds dorm is very crowded and there isn’t enough space. Laundry is very expensive, around 13USD for less than 4 kg, more expensive than the bed in dorm actually, and it’s not on time.

Dear Travelers, We are not a party hostel because we dont party every day. We have just an music event where a invited music band plays once per weekend and takes place until 2AM. Most of our guest share the atmosphere and have a great night. Our laundry is just an a service which is not obligatory to take it, we have a really nice alternative price than other laundries in the area. To have your laundry on time you must give on time to expect puntuallity, otherwise will be after the next day.

The Dreamer Hostel, Santa Marta, Colombia
24th Jul 2014

When every member of the staff call you by YOUR NAME, you realized this is a hostel where things are done in order to satisfy guests. The best staff I met while travelling across Colombia. CONGRATULATIONS! Amazing breakfast: even if you pay for it (8.500 COP), it’s worthy since you can have all you want. What I didn’t like was being assigned a non-AC dorm; I booked by Hostelworld and it seems there’s no way for choosing dorms with aircon. It’s very hard to sleep without AC in a 4-beds dorm.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel, Cartagena, Colombia
21st Jul 2014

A little expensive, but you must consider Cartagena is not a cheap city. Breakfast is included in the price, I think, but that’s not a problem since you have different cereals, juice, bread and tropical fruits. The reception staff I met was a little unfriendly; however, the kitchen lady was so friendly, I realized not everyone is grumpy. Dorms with AC are amazing for sleeping. Beautiful patios. You’ll have plenty of space in this hostel. I recommend it!

Palm Tree Hostel Medellin, Medellin, Colombia
19th Jul 2014

I felt at home here! The hostel facilities (such as computers) could improve a little, but the best thing is the staff. Reception guys and girls, kitchen lady and everyone else is very friendly, as most “paisas” are, and you feel very good. Location is very good since is not far away from a subway station and a supermarket: you can take a subway and buy everything you need without any problem. I enjoyed my stay there!

Hotel Casa De Nelly, San Agustin, Colombia
15th Jul 2014

Something you must know if you’re visiting San Agustín is that you’ll have to walk a lot, but going up and down the hills will give you stunning views. Casa de Nelly isn’t far away from neither town nor the main archeological park, but it’s true you’ve to walk and sometimes is tiring. I slept in single room shown on the 7th picture and it was amazing! The garden and house details are so pretty. Dinner isn’t included (12.000 COP) but it’s so delicious. There are interesting books for reading.

HostelTrail, Popayan, Colombia
14th Jul 2014

Nice hostel not too far away from the bus station and downtown. I booked two nights, but I only spent one there due to personal reasons, so I didn’t take advantage of all the facilities neither the excursions and activities they organize. However, I have no complaints.

Masaya Hostel Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
10th Jul 2014

Location in La Candelaria is excellent if you want to visit downtown. I slept three nights in a dorm. Positive points: Price and location are excellent in Bogotá; nice and comfortable patios; security at night. Negative points: lockers are TOO small in dorms and there was only a socket in a four-people dorm! Showers are small too and there is no place for hanging your stuff (there’s a hook indeed, but inside and everything gets wet when taking a shower). Wi-fi not available in most of the areas.

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki, Tokyo, Japan
28th Apr 2014

Unfortunately, only spend two nights here. This hostel is amazing: comfortable dorms, very clean, excellent location and amazing staff, to say nothing of all the facilities. I regret not having taken pictures wearing some of the Japanese costumes at the reception. I chose Khaosan Kabuki because it was awarded the best hostel in Japan and now I can see why. Little details from the staff make you feel very comfortable. If coming back to Tokyo next year I’ll stay at Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki for sure!

25th Apr 2014

Great hostel! Very easy to arrive there from Tokyo Station on my first night in the city. One of the best I slept in Japan. Clean dorms, however, curtains for beds are needed (as seems to be common in other hostels in Japan) especially when other guests arrive late and turn on the lights. Loved the common room – even if most of the guests don’t interact with each other due to their tablets or smartphones, facilities provided by the hostel are amazing.

24th Apr 2014

Loved the futon-like beds in dorms. Unfortunatelly, I only spend one night there and left very early in the morning towards Nikko.

Nikko Guesthouse Sumica, Nikko, Japan
23rd Apr 2014

I did FEEL AT HOME at Sumica Guesthouse! Kumiko-san and Satô-san are the best hosts I found in Japan and they made me feel at home. Their house is just a couple of minutes from the train stations and the bus stop, so you won’t find a better location in Nikko. In my opinion, the best guesthouse in Japan due to their familiar atmosphere: Kumiko-san and Satô-san are so kind and have excellent recommendations for their guests: Nikko, Chuzenji-ko, onsens and restaurants... Thanks for everything!

Miyajima Guest House Mikuniya, Hiroshima, Japan
21st Apr 2014

Guesthouse Mikuniya is THE BEST guesthouse I stayed in Japan. Everything was perfect! Terazawa-san is an excellent host and his house is very pretty and amazing! A complete kitchen with free food for breakfast, a huge nice common room, beautiful Japanese style dorms, a beautiful garden; origami and calligraphy lessons at night and even a present for me when I checked out. I did love everything! I enjoyed a lot my stay there. Arigatou gozaimashita!

Hiroshima Hana Hostel, Hiroshima, Japan
20th Apr 2014

I loved the Japanese style TV-common room on the second floor! Very clean and comfortable. I only spend a night in Hiroshima, but my stay at Hana Hostel was perfect. There was even sake tasting! Tomo-san was so nice and explained me about sake.

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. Tomomi is very happy to have your comment. Tasting three kinds of sake brewed in Hiroshima is available for free to our guests on Sun. and Wed. We all hope to see you again.

18th Apr 2014

Great location since Osaka station is not far away (it’s possible to go there by train or walking). Great staff, friendly and helpful. Dorms are big enough and clean, bathrooms too. When I arrived, there was an international party on the common room and guests could meet each other (the only one I had while in Japan). Many restaurants on the Fukushima area. J-Hoppers is a good choice if staying in Osaka. However, maybe a new computer for guests’ use will be a little improvement.

Kyoto Hana Hostel, Kyoto, Japan
15th Apr 2014

Even if I only spend two nights in Kyoto, I must say Hana Hostel is amazing! I enjoyed my stay there since you have everything you need when travelling. The rooms are very comfortable and clean; every space inside the hostel (bathrooms, common room) is so clean. Great location, less than five minutes from Kyoto station, so you can take a train or a bus easily. I have no complains and I recommend this hostel.

Guesthouse Naramachi, Nara, Japan
7.4
14th Apr 2014

After flying almost 19h and travelling 2.5h by bullet train from Tokyo, I slept my 1st night in Japan here; I must say it was the best choice for starting my trip across the country. Nara is an amazing city and Guesthouse Naramachi has an atmosphere that make you feel as if you were living in a traditional Japanese house: shoes off, dorms on the 2nd floor, picturesque façade. Shunju & Kumiko are excellent guests with good advice for you. Bikes for rent are the best way for exploring Nara!

7.1
1st Aug 2013

A nice place near downtown – less than 15 minutes walking – so there is always movement on the streets and that could be an inconvenient if you’re looking for a peaceful place. However, that gives you the experience to know a real Lima, not only the touristic districts such as Miraflores or Barranco. Bathrooms and dorms are big enough, but they’re a little dusty. Breakfast is very basic but that’s normal in Peru. The Parque de la Reserva is very near – don’t miss its amazing fountains.

La Casa de Zarela, Huaraz, Peru
27th Jul 2013

Nice and clean dorm and bathroom. Good breackfast (not included but not expensive). There’s only one computer, but it works very well (finally a computer with Windows 8 in Peru!). Wi-fi only in the living room. You’ll receive a key in order to leave and enter the house whenever you want – that’s very useful if you’re taking a tour and coming back late. If you’re visiting Huaraz (and the Cordillera Blanca), you’ll use the hostel just for sleeping. Not a party hostel even if there’s a bar.

Nasca Lodge, Nazca, Peru
26th Jul 2013

The cleanest bathrooms in a hostel I saw in Peru! However, that isn’t the only good thing about Nasca Lodge. The owner, Maribel, is very friendly and efficient in helping you during your stay. I arrived early in the morning and a taxi sent by her was waiting for me. In addition, she arranged a flight for me on that very day, so I didn’t have to wait too much for seeing the Nazca Lines. Even if the street seems unsafe or dirty, don’t be afraid: Nasca Lodge is a good place for staying.

24th Jul 2013

Not a hostel, but a REAL WONDERFUL PALACE if compared with other Peruvian hostels. It’s the perfect place for staying! You’ll find EVERYTHING here: TV, videogames, books, laundry service, a complete kitchen, computers, wi-fi, tours, hammocks, a very kind and friendly staff, excellent location,… anyway, EVERYTHING! I do regret just staying there one night. In addition, Arequipa is a beautiful city, one of the most pretty cities in Peru. I loved the time I spent there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Inka's Rest, Puno, Peru
5.4
21st Jul 2013

Do not book in this hostel. There are better places in Puno. Dorms are TOO crowded – there is not enough space for backpacks. Staff guys are nice, but the owner’s attitude sucks. During my last day, there was only boiling water in the showers! Just imagine; you cannot take a shower unless you like having the skin burnt. Even if I paid less for this problem, I would not come back. Only slept there two nights, but it was the worse hostel during my travel around Peru.

HI-Inka Pacha, Copacabana, Bolivia
5.7
20th Jul 2013

The hostel is expensive if you compare prices once you are on the island. The family that runs the place is very nice, but that does not justify such prices. No water for taking a shower, since there are no pipes on the island. The house is clean and the single room has an amazing view of the Titicaca lake and the Royal Mountains. You must consider that visiting the island is for trekking only – do not expect to find fun or bars here.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
10th Jul 2013

A free t-shirt when checking in! Awesome! Beautiful building! Dorms are a little crowded yes, but you’re not spending the whole day inside if you’re in Cuzco… unless you’re suffering “soroche” due to the lack of enough oxygen and need to rest a couple of days. There are enough bathrooms with 24/7 hot water, for sure. Breakfast is very simple (as happens in almost all Peruvian hostels). Wi-fi is not very good inside dorms.

6th Jul 2013

My first night in Peru after a long flight and I didn’t sleep well due to the noisy party outside my dorm, even if it was midnight. Bring your own ear plugs. If I omitted this little noisy problem, I would say I enjoy the hostel. Actually, its staff is extremely friendly (especially Stef) and they make you feel at home. Dorms are big enough and bathrooms very clean. Not an excellent breakfast, I would say, but it’s Peru. Bikes for rent are an excellent idea for exploring Miraflores.

Hostal Boutique La Tercia, Mexico City, Mexico
19th Oct 2012

The cleanest hostel I've ever been in Mexico! I’d booked 2 nights and when I saw my room (a 14-bed dorm), I decided to stay for a week! If you’re travelling alone, don’t hesitate to choose a dorm: they are wide enough and you’ll meet people. Excellent location, especially if you’re partying in Zona Rosa, the main gay area of Mexico City. An amazing gay friendly hostel! Unfortunately, there’s a lack of services such as breakfast and laundry, but you’ll find lots of places for eating not far awa

• Mexico, Couple, 25-30
Azul Cielo Hostel, Oaxaca, Mexico
4th Aug 2012

One of the best hostels I've ever been in Mexico! I did love the colourful of the walls! Rooms are clean and confortable and the yard is amazing! It's not far away from downtown, so don't be worry about location. Unfortunately, I only spent one night and couldn't enjoy the hostel and its facilities a little more. The staff (Silvia) is friendly and helpful. However, it's a little weird nobody is on the reception most of the time. I went out and when arrived at 2am, I had to look for my own key!

O de Casa Hostel Bar, Sao Paulo, Brazil
1st Aug 2012

I could say it's the best hostel in São Paulo! Great welcome, friendly staff (I’m talking about Sarah), amazing decorate and an excellent location near bars, restaurants and places for enjoying nightlife.

Hey! Thanks for your feedback! Indeed we had a bed bugs infestation this weekend (a BIT of research will take you to the info that it has nothing to do with cleanliness - unfortunately, otherwise they would be easier to control - since they travel on people's bag and they can infest an entire room within hours). Still, we are sorry for the inconvenience, we've already put the room out of service and we are updating our bug controls to make sure no one gets bitten again. Thanks for even so taking us as the best in town!

6.6
30th Jul 2012

Good location, the only good thing to mention. Hostel bathroom was dirty. The breakfast "included" seems a joke; it would be better buy something on dowtown. The staff isn't friendly: they invited us to a Forró dance school and when we arrived there, they didn't pay attention to us.

29th Jul 2012

Do not trust the staff for booking jungle tours. Before my arrival they told me my tour would include swimming with dolphins, and I asked them several times if everything was OK. When I arrived to Manaus, the responsible for the tour told me there was a mistake made by José Fortes (the hostel guy) and I didn't have the experience with dolphins.

Hostel Porto Salvador, Salvador, Brazil
28th Jul 2012

A nice hostel, very near the beaches (Barra). However, it's far away from downtown, so it isn’t a good option if you’re interested in history and want to visit places such as Pelourinho and Salvador’s churches. On the other hand, if you want to spend your visit on the beach, Hostel Porto Salvador is one of the best options. Rooms are amazing and everything is clean! The staff is nice and helpful, especially Juan. You can even do the laundry here spending a little money.

Hostel Pousada Pais Tropical, Salvador, Brazil
6.9
26th Jul 2012

Amazing location! You can enjoy Pelourinho from the window. I can’t imagine a better location if you’re visiting Salvador in order to feel as if you were in the 17th century walking around all those amazing churches and colorful houses. However, the hostel itself is simple and crowded, and I must say I had a LITTLE big problem during my stay: BEDBUGS! I know the hostel can’t verify every bed after a guest’s departure, but bedbugs say a lot about the hostel’s cleanliness. Bring insect repellent!

Do not know what happened. Why you did not tell to us that had bugs in your room? Nobody never complained about it. It was maybe "pernilongo" (leggy) it is normal in Brazil.

Cosmopolitan Hostel, Recife, Brazil
24th Jul 2012

Excellent staff! They’re so friendly and helpful – Erika and Felipe do know how to do their job! Congratulations! She helped us to arrange an amazing trip to Porto de Galinhas! The hostel is very near a supermarket, so you can buy food and other stuff easily. The only thing I could complain is the air conditioner – it doesn’t work very well and you cannot sleep due to the heat (even if it was winter!).

Hotel Bragança, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
23rd Jul 2012

Nice room: four beds and a bathroom. However, too much noisy due to the buses and cars on the avenue. The hotel is located near the bus station, so you can walk and arrive there in least than five minutes.

HI Ouro Preto, Ouro Preto, Brazil
5.1
22nd Jul 2012

Too far away from the bus station and instructions aren’t clear, so you can get lost in Ouro Preto! The best way for arriving is to take a taxi! We were four people and booked a 4-beds room. The room was very small and crowded and its door didn’t close – there wasn’t even a key! It seemed to me a lack of security. Reception staff doesn’t give any information about the city. On the other hand, breakfast is very good; there’s a very kind lady who bakes different breads and cakes at the moment.

Books Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
17th Jul 2012

An excellent hostel for partying! Lots of bars in the neighborhood so you can party every night! Nightlife is amazing in Rio! If you’re young and want to party, this hostel is the best option! However, the building is very crowded and there’s a lack of privacy – too many people in a small place, especially in dorms. Talking about tourist attractions, buses for the Corcovado, the Sugarloaf and the beaches pass very near thus you mustn’t walk a lot for finding a bus stop.

Pousada Hostel Paudimar Campestre, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
15th Jul 2012

Great place for summer! Unfortunately, I went on winter and it was too cold and rainy. It's cheap and easy to go to the Brazilian Waterfalls by bus or by taxi. The staff help us to organize our visit to the Argentinian side, and it was not as expensive as I'd thought. The hostel offers lunch and dinner (R$ 15 for a all-you-can-eat buffet) which is delicious. However, the restaurant is a little small and you must wait for having a table.

Curitiba Casa Hostel, Curitiba, Brazil
14th Jul 2012

Viajei quase um mês pelo Brasil e este foi O MELHOR HOSTEL de todos os que conheci. Realmente senti que eu estava em casa! Para começar, o pessoal é ótimo: Felipe foi muito atencioso, desde a nossa chegada na madrugada e Marlene é uma excelente anfitriã. As instalações da casa são ótimas: camas e banheiros limpos, e uma cozinha que adorei. Ótimo café da manhã! Tivemos até churrasco no domingo com música ao vivo! Não posso me queixar de nada! Se voltar a Curitiba, com certeza ficarei aqui!

Vila Madalena Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
11th Jul 2012

The first hostel I slept in Brazil and unfortunately I had a bad impression thanks to Rodrigo – the day shift guy. We arrived after a long flight and he almost ignored us – during the check-in he was explaining everything to Juliane and he didn’t pay attention to us. He only asked us for our passports. I found this very unfriendly. I think Juliane was kind of trainee, but I think guests are first! However, I cannot complain about TÚLIO and DANIEL, who were TOO helpful and friendly with us.

Hey Enrique, Rodrigo here. I am very sorry to hear that you think that I didn�t pay enough attention to you. I don�t know if you remember, but I relocated other guests from their rooms so you could all stay together in the same dorm (something that we almost never do). The morning shift is mostly operational and I�m actually the one responsible for managing all the "behind the scenes" so you can have a good stay. I�m sad that you couldn�t be more forgiving. All the best.

Hostel Amigo Suites Downtown, Mexico City, Mexico
8th Apr 2012

A very nice place. The staff is very kind and friendly. Very good breakfast and dinner. However, the internet service isn't good enough: there are three computers but two of them don't work.

Hostel Inn Zona Rosa, Mexico City, Mexico
1st Dec 2011

Excellent location: Zona Rosa is a very safe place and there's fun everywhere. Talking about the hostel, I have to complain about shower: there's not enough hot water and that's not nice if you want to take a bath early in the morning.

Hostel Amigo Suites Downtown, Mexico City, Mexico
13th Aug 2011

Auberge sympa! J'ai bien aimé le petit déjeuner à la terrasse. La salle de bains à l'intérieur des chambres est excellent, car on n'a pas besoin de sortir comme dans autres auberges. La seule chose que j'ai pas aimée c'est qu'une nuit la musique du bar était très forte, même s'il était 23h; si on est au 3è étage, on ne peut pas dormir comme ça!

Hostel Amigo, Mexico City, Mexico
8.7
1st Aug 2011

Almost everything is excellent... the staff is very nice (Otto is very kind and friendy), good breakfast, confortable rooms and a nice atmosphere since the arrival. I cannot complain about that. However, toilets seem always DIRTY! Guests aren't used to flush the toilet, so they look always yellow due to all the urine. That's so disgusting! I suppose that doesn't happen in women's bathroom.

Hostel Inn Zona Rosa, Mexico City, Mexico
30th Jul 2011

Pas la meilleure auberge de la ville, car elle n'est pas très propre, et il manque un peu d'illumination dans le chambres. Cependant, elle se trouve bien placée pour sortir à faire la fête le soir: Zona Rosa est un quartier très sûr et il y a plein de bars.

7th May 2011

I was lucky to find a place in this hostel: I can say it's one of the best in Paris. Rooms are clean, confortable and you there's wi-fi, although there are some problems if you're staying on the 6th floor. Montmartre is a nice place; you can go out and find different things to do. The staff is helpful, but they could be a little more friendly. It's Paris, after all. The only bad item I can mention is the elevator: too narrow! If you have many lugage, it's difficult to use it!

Camping Serenissima, Venice, Italy
3rd May 2011

It was my 2nd camping in my life and it was better than the 1st one. Tends are clean and confortable, even if I was bitten by insects (ants, bedbugs, I don't know) while sleeping. It's true the camping is a little far away from Venise, but it's easy to arrive by bus (from 6h to 23h), and there's nothing to do in Venise early morning. If you're travelling alone, the camping could seem a little boring; you cannot make new friends, because most of the visitors are families.

Giovanni's Home, Naples, Italy
30th Apr 2011

Giovanni is an excellent host: he explained a lot of things about Naples that helped me during my three-days visit. He's very kind with all the guests since our arrival! Naples is not as dangerous as many people thought. I spend two days there and thanks to Giovanni advice I enjoyed the downtown. Have lunch at Gino Sorvillo: best pizzas ever. If you visit Naples, you MUST go to Ercolano and Pompei, and climb the Mount Vesuvius which aren't far away.

Legends, Rome, Italy
7.0
26th Apr 2011

L'auberge se trouve dans deux bâtiments différents: l'accueil est à la adresse donnée et les chambres dans un autre. Elles sont très propres et confortables; on reçoit ses clés donc on a plus besoin de passer à l'accueil que pour payer quand on quitte l'auberge. C'est pour ça qu'il y a pas d'activités collectives ou salle commune. Ce que je n'ai pas aimé c'est le personnel: ils m'ont demandé 5€ comme caution pour la clé mais à la fin ils ont "oublié" m'en rendre.

Camping Michelangelo, Florence, Italy
21st Apr 2011

It's a camping, you must have that in mind. I stayed five nights and it's a little bit cold; sleeping is not confortable so. The emplacement is almost excellent: you have the best views of Florence near by (Piazza Michel Angelo); however the stairs for going up are a bad point (you can take the bus, but you have to wait too long). What I didn't like was the personnel; they lost my ID and I almost lost my train to Rome because they didn't find it... fortunatelly it appeared, but I must hurry up.

St Christophers Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
3rd Apr 2011

An excellent hostel in Prague! It could be a hotel! Prices are very good and is not fay away from downtown. I DID love breakfast! You can take as much as you can. And everything was delicious!

Little Town, Prague, Czech Republic
2nd Apr 2011

It is not a hostel, but one of the best hotels I've ever been! And the price is excellent! I have never thought rooms were like that, with kitchen inside (even with fridge!), a huge bathroom and everything so clean! I loved! I regret have stayed there just for a night. And the breakfast is excellent, you feel like at home.

4.7
13th Mar 2011

I had thought it would be a nice place because it's not too old. However, the place is one of the last places in Lisbon I would recommend. There's no kitchen (there is one, but there are nothing, such as dishes or pans, for preparing meals). Rooms are for 4 people, but you don't have your own key; they are open for all the travellers! And the staff is so unfriendly it seems you're not paying money but asking for everytthing free: I did hate those guys (just remember the name of one: Nino)

Yes! Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
12th Mar 2011

If you're booking a hostel in Lisbon, the Yes! Hostel is a must! The best hostel I've ever been: everything is clean, rooms are so confortable and safe (I loved the bracelets) and dinner is so good I really miss Isabel's soup and cold fish! Isabel is an excellent cooker. Liv, Franco and Sofia are so friendly and enthusiastic since your arrival, so you can feel as if Yes! Hostel were your home in Lisbon.

Travellers House, Lisbon, Portugal
10th Mar 2011

Excellent place! I DO recomend it! Excellent place (main downtown street), excellent rooms anf excellent staff. "Petiscos night, I loved it!

HI - Lagos Youth Hostel, Lagos, Portugal
9th Mar 2011

I satyed just a night in Lagos Youth Hostel: the place is very nice. I was surprised when I arrived, because I had thought something different. Rooms are clean and comfortable; however, they're a little dark. Full of information about Lagos and near places such as Cabo São Vicente and Sagres.

Grande Hostel de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
6.0
7th Mar 2011

The hostel isn't bad at all, but it could be a little more cleaner. Rooms seem dirty when you enter, so do the bathrooms. Th kitchen is nice and it's always clean, I liked that. The staff is very nice; the Italian girl is so kind.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
27th Feb 2011

La MEILLEURE auberge au Portugal!!! Excellent endroit au centre-ville, près de tout, chambres hyper-propres, excellente ambiance! Le dîner à 21h lui donne une atmosphère très agréable et il est possible de faire nouvelles connaissances. Le personnel (Liv, Franco, Sofia et Isabel) savent vraiment faire son métier.

Oporto Invictus Hostel, Porto, Portugal
23rd Feb 2011

The best place for the begining of my travel across Portugal. The staff DO help visitors with all the informations and create a nice atmosphere amongst travellers. Felipe himself talk to every visitor. When I arrived, I was a little worried about being in a room for 10 people; however, after a couple of days you can make new friends. The breakfast is almost excellent, because you can take what you want: jam, cheese, bread,... The kitchen is excellent, clean and with everything you can need.

Vertigo Vieux-Port, Marseille, France
15th Jan 2011

Une excellente auberge! J'ai bien aimé tout. Le personnel est très sympa et les chambres si propres. Et elle n'est que a quelques minutes à pied du Vieux Port.