Reviews: rigel_alphard14795

Location: Mexico, Gender: Male, Age: 28

A nice place near downtown – less than 15 minutes walking – so there is always movement on the streets and that could be an inconvenient if you’re looking for a peaceful place. However, that gives you the experience to know a real Lima, not only the touristic districts such as Miraflores or Barranco. Bathrooms and dorms are big enough, but they’re a little dusty. Breakfast is very basic but that’s normal in Peru. The Parque de la Reserva is very near – don’t miss its amazing fountains.

La Casa de Zarela

Huaraz, Peru

Nice and clean dorm and bathroom. Good breackfast (not included but not expensive). There’s only one computer, but it works very well (finally a computer with Windows 8 in Peru!). Wi-fi only in the living room. You’ll receive a key in order to leave and enter the house whenever you want – that’s very useful if you’re taking a tour and coming back late. If you’re visiting Huaraz (and the Cordillera Blanca), you’ll use the hostel just for sleeping. Not a party hostel even if there’s a bar.

• 27th Jul 2013

Nasca Lodge

Nazca, Peru

The cleanest bathrooms in a hostel I saw in Peru! However, that isn’t the only good thing about Nasca Lodge. The owner, Maribel, is very friendly and efficient in helping you during your stay. I arrived early in the morning and a taxi sent by her was waiting for me. In addition, she arranged a flight for me on that very day, so I didn’t have to wait too much for seeing the Nazca Lines. Even if the street seems unsafe or dirty, don’t be afraid: Nasca Lodge is a good place for staying.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

Not a hostel, but a REAL WONDERFUL PALACE if compared with other Peruvian hostels. It’s the perfect place for staying! You’ll find EVERYTHING here: TV, videogames, books, laundry service, a complete kitchen, computers, wi-fi, tours, hammocks, a very kind and friendly staff, excellent location,… anyway, EVERYTHING! I do regret just staying there one night. In addition, Arequipa is a beautiful city, one of the most pretty cities in Peru. I loved the time I spent there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• 24th Jul 2013

Inka's Rest

Puno, Peru

Do not book in this hostel. There are better places in Puno. Dorms are TOO crowded – there is not enough space for backpacks. Staff guys are nice, but the owner’s attitude sucks. During my last day, there was only boiling water in the showers! Just imagine; you cannot take a shower unless you like having the skin burnt. Even if I paid less for this problem, I would not come back. Only slept there two nights, but it was the worse hostel during my travel around Peru.

• 21st Jul 2013

HI-Inka Pacha

Copacabana, Bolivia

The hostel is expensive if you compare prices once you are on the island. The family that runs the place is very nice, but that does not justify such prices. No water for taking a shower, since there are no pipes on the island. The house is clean and the single room has an amazing view of the Titicaca lake and the Royal Mountains. You must consider that visiting the island is for trekking only – do not expect to find fun or bars here.

• 20th Jul 2013

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

A free t-shirt when checking in! Awesome! Beautiful building! Dorms are a little crowded yes, but you’re not spending the whole day inside if you’re in Cuzco… unless you’re suffering “soroche” due to the lack of enough oxygen and need to rest a couple of days. There are enough bathrooms with 24/7 hot water, for sure. Breakfast is very simple (as happens in almost all Peruvian hostels). Wi-fi is not very good inside dorms.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

My first night in Peru after a long flight and I didn’t sleep well due to the noisy party outside my dorm, even if it was midnight. Bring your own ear plugs. If I omitted this little noisy problem, I would say I enjoy the hostel. Actually, its staff is extremely friendly (especially Stef) and they make you feel at home. Dorms are big enough and bathrooms very clean. Not an excellent breakfast, I would say, but it’s Peru. Bikes for rent are an excellent idea for exploring Miraflores.

Hostal Boutique La Tercia

Mexico City, Mexico

The cleanest hostel I've ever been in Mexico! I’d booked 2 nights and when I saw my room (a 14-bed dorm), I decided to stay for a week! If you’re travelling alone, don’t hesitate to choose a dorm: they are wide enough and you’ll meet people. Excellent location, especially if you’re partying in Zona Rosa, the main gay area of Mexico City. An amazing gay friendly hostel! Unfortunately, there’s a lack of services such as breakfast and laundry, but you’ll find lots of places for eating not far awa

• 19th Oct 2012

Azul Cielo Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

One of the best hostels I've ever been in Mexico! I did love the colourful of the walls! Rooms are clean and confortable and the yard is amazing! It's not far away from downtown, so don't be worry about location. Unfortunately, I only spent one night and couldn't enjoy the hostel and its facilities a little more. The staff (Silvia) is friendly and helpful. However, it's a little weird nobody is on the reception most of the time. I went out and when arrived at 2am, I had to look for my own key!

• 4th Aug 2012

Ô de Casa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I could say it's the best hostel in São Paulo! Great welcome, friendly staff (I’m talking about Sarah), amazing decorate and an excellent location near bars, restaurants and places for enjoying nightlife.

• 1st Aug 2012
  • Mexico

Hey! Thanks for your feedback! Indeed we had a bed bugs infestation this weekend (a BIT of research will take you to the info that it has nothing to do with cleanliness - unfortunately, otherwise they would be easier to control - since they travel on people's bag and they can infest an entire room within hours). Still, we are sorry for the inconvenience, we've already put the room out of service and we are updating our bug controls to make sure no one gets bitten again. Thanks for even so taking us as the best in town!

Good location, the only good thing to mention. Hostel bathroom was dirty. The breakfast "included" seems a joke; it would be better buy something on dowtown. The staff isn't friendly: they invited us to a Forró dance school and when we arrived there, they didn't pay attention to us.

• 30th Jul 2012
  • Mexico

Do not trust the staff for booking jungle tours. Before my arrival they told me my tour would include swimming with dolphins, and I asked them several times if everything was OK. When I arrived to Manaus, the responsible for the tour told me there was a mistake made by José Fortes (the hostel guy) and I didn't have the experience with dolphins.

• 29th Jul 2012

Hostel Porto Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

A nice hostel, very near the beaches (Barra). However, it's far away from downtown, so it isn’t a good option if you’re interested in history and want to visit places such as Pelourinho and Salvador’s churches. On the other hand, if you want to spend your visit on the beach, Hostel Porto Salvador is one of the best options. Rooms are amazing and everything is clean! The staff is nice and helpful, especially Juan. You can even do the laundry here spending a little money.

• 28th Jul 2012

Hostel Pousada Pais Tropical

Salvador, Brazil

Amazing location! You can enjoy Pelourinho from the window. I can’t imagine a better location if you’re visiting Salvador in order to feel as if you were in the 17th century walking around all those amazing churches and colorful houses. However, the hostel itself is simple and crowded, and I must say I had a LITTLE big problem during my stay: BEDBUGS! I know the hostel can’t verify every bed after a guest’s departure, but bedbugs say a lot about the hostel’s cleanliness. Bring insect repellent!

• 26th Jul 2012
  • Mexico

Do not know what happened. Why you did not tell to us that had bugs in your room? Nobody never complained about it. It was maybe "pernilongo" (leggy) it is normal in Brazil.

Cosmopolitan Hostel

Recife, Brazil

Excellent staff! They’re so friendly and helpful – Erika and Felipe do know how to do their job! Congratulations! She helped us to arrange an amazing trip to Porto de Galinhas! The hostel is very near a supermarket, so you can buy food and other stuff easily. The only thing I could complain is the air conditioner – it doesn’t work very well and you cannot sleep due to the heat (even if it was winter!).

• 24th Jul 2012

Hotel Bragança

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Nice room: four beds and a bathroom. However, too much noisy due to the buses and cars on the avenue. The hotel is located near the bus station, so you can walk and arrive there in least than five minutes.

• 23rd Jul 2012

HI Ouro Preto

Ouro Preto, Brazil

Too far away from the bus station and instructions aren’t clear, so you can get lost in Ouro Preto! The best way for arriving is to take a taxi! We were four people and booked a 4-beds room. The room was very small and crowded and its door didn’t close – there wasn’t even a key! It seemed to me a lack of security. Reception staff doesn’t give any information about the city. On the other hand, breakfast is very good; there’s a very kind lady who bakes different breads and cakes at the moment.

• 22nd Jul 2012

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

An excellent hostel for partying! Lots of bars in the neighborhood so you can party every night! Nightlife is amazing in Rio! If you’re young and want to party, this hostel is the best option! However, the building is very crowded and there’s a lack of privacy – too many people in a small place, especially in dorms. Talking about tourist attractions, buses for the Corcovado, the Sugarloaf and the beaches pass very near thus you mustn’t walk a lot for finding a bus stop.

• 17th Jul 2012

HI Paudimar Campestre

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Great place for summer! Unfortunately, I went on winter and it was too cold and rainy. It's cheap and easy to go to the Brazilian Waterfalls by bus or by taxi. The staff help us to organize our visit to the Argentinian side, and it was not as expensive as I'd thought. The hostel offers lunch and dinner (R$ 15 for a all-you-can-eat buffet) which is delicious. However, the restaurant is a little small and you must wait for having a table.

• 15th Jul 2012

Curitiba Casa Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

Viajei quase um mês pelo Brasil e este foi O MELHOR HOSTEL de todos os que conheci. Realmente senti que eu estava em casa! Para começar, o pessoal é ótimo: Felipe foi muito atencioso, desde a nossa chegada na madrugada e Marlene é uma excelente anfitriã. As instalações da casa são ótimas: camas e banheiros limpos, e uma cozinha que adorei. Ótimo café da manhã! Tivemos até churrasco no domingo com música ao vivo! Não posso me queixar de nada! Se voltar a Curitiba, com certeza ficarei aqui!

• 14th Jul 2012

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The first hostel I slept in Brazil and unfortunately I had a bad impression thanks to Rodrigo – the day shift guy. We arrived after a long flight and he almost ignored us – during the check-in he was explaining everything to Juliane and he didn’t pay attention to us. He only asked us for our passports. I found this very unfriendly. I think Juliane was kind of trainee, but I think guests are first! However, I cannot complain about TÚLIO and DANIEL, who were TOO helpful and friendly with us.

• 11th Jul 2012
  • Mexico

Hey Enrique, Rodrigo here. I am very sorry to hear that you think that I didn´t pay enough attention to you. I don´t know if you remember, but I relocated other guests from their rooms so you could all stay together in the same dorm (something that we almost never do). The morning shift is mostly operational and I´m actually the one responsible for managing all the "behind the scenes" so you can have a good stay. I´m sad that you couldn´t be more forgiving. All the best.

Hostel Amigo Suites Downtown

Mexico City, Mexico

A very nice place. The staff is very kind and friendly. Very good breakfast and dinner. However, the internet service isn't good enough: there are three computers but two of them don't work.

Hostel Inn Zona Rosa

Mexico City, Mexico

Excellent location: Zona Rosa is a very safe place and there's fun everywhere. Talking about the hostel, I have to complain about shower: there's not enough hot water and that's not nice if you want to take a bath early in the morning.

Hostel Amigo Suites Downtown

Mexico City, Mexico

Auberge sympa! J'ai bien aimé le petit déjeuner à la terrasse. La salle de bains à l'intérieur des chambres est excellent, car on n'a pas besoin de sortir comme dans autres auberges. La seule chose que j'ai pas aimée c'est qu'une nuit la musique du bar était très forte, même s'il était 23h; si on est au 3è étage, on ne peut pas dormir comme ça!

• 13th Aug 2011

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

Almost everything is excellent... the staff is very nice (Otto is very kind and friendy), good breakfast, confortable rooms and a nice atmosphere since the arrival. I cannot complain about that. However, toilets seem always DIRTY! Guests aren't used to flush the toilet, so they look always yellow due to all the urine. That's so disgusting! I suppose that doesn't happen in women's bathroom.

Hostel Inn Zona Rosa

Mexico City, Mexico

Pas la meilleure auberge de la ville, car elle n'est pas très propre, et il manque un peu d'illumination dans le chambres. Cependant, elle se trouve bien placée pour sortir à faire la fête le soir: Zona Rosa est un quartier très sûr et il y a plein de bars.

• 30th Jul 2011

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

I was lucky to find a place in this hostel: I can say it's one of the best in Paris. Rooms are clean, confortable and you there's wi-fi, although there are some problems if you're staying on the 6th floor. Montmartre is a nice place; you can go out and find different things to do. The staff is helpful, but they could be a little more friendly. It's Paris, after all. The only bad item I can mention is the elevator: too narrow! If you have many lugage, it's difficult to use it!

Camping Serenissima

Venice, Italy

It was my 2nd camping in my life and it was better than the 1st one. Tends are clean and confortable, even if I was bitten by insects (ants, bedbugs, I don't know) while sleeping. It's true the camping is a little far away from Venise, but it's easy to arrive by bus (from 6h to 23h), and there's nothing to do in Venise early morning. If you're travelling alone, the camping could seem a little boring; you cannot make new friends, because most of the visitors are families.

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Giovanni is an excellent host: he explained a lot of things about Naples that helped me during my three-days visit. He's very kind with all the guests since our arrival! Naples is not as dangerous as many people thought. I spend two days there and thanks to Giovanni advice I enjoyed the downtown. Have lunch at Gino Sorvillo: best pizzas ever. If you visit Naples, you MUST go to Ercolano and Pompei, and climb the Mount Vesuvius which aren't far away.

• 30th Apr 2011

Legends

Rome, Italy

L'auberge se trouve dans deux bâtiments différents: l'accueil est à la adresse donnée et les chambres dans un autre. Elles sont très propres et confortables; on reçoit ses clés donc on a plus besoin de passer à l'accueil que pour payer quand on quitte l'auberge. C'est pour ça qu'il y a pas d'activités collectives ou salle commune. Ce que je n'ai pas aimé c'est le personnel: ils m'ont demandé 5€ comme caution pour la clé mais à la fin ils ont "oublié" m'en rendre.

• 26th Apr 2011

PLUS Camping Michelangelo

Florence, Italy

It's a camping, you must have that in mind. I stayed five nights and it's a little bit cold; sleeping is not confortable so. The emplacement is almost excellent: you have the best views of Florence near by (Piazza Michel Angelo); however the stairs for going up are a bad point (you can take the bus, but you have to wait too long). What I didn't like was the personnel; they lost my ID and I almost lost my train to Rome because they didn't find it... fortunatelly it appeared, but I must hurry up.

• 21st Apr 2011

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

An excellent hostel in Prague! It could be a hotel! Prices are very good and is not fay away from downtown. I DID love breakfast! You can take as much as you can. And everything was delicious!

Little Town

Prague, Czech Republic

It is not a hostel, but one of the best hotels I've ever been! And the price is excellent! I have never thought rooms were like that, with kitchen inside (even with fridge!), a huge bathroom and everything so clean! I loved! I regret have stayed there just for a night. And the breakfast is excellent, you feel like at home.

I had thought it would be a nice place because it's not too old. However, the place is one of the last places in Lisbon I would recommend. There's no kitchen (there is one, but there are nothing, such as dishes or pans, for preparing meals). Rooms are for 4 people, but you don't have your own key; they are open for all the travellers! And the staff is so unfriendly it seems you're not paying money but asking for everytthing free: I did hate those guys (just remember the name of one: Nino)

• 13th Mar 2011

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

If you're booking a hostel in Lisbon, the Yes! Hostel is a must! The best hostel I've ever been: everything is clean, rooms are so confortable and safe (I loved the bracelets) and dinner is so good I really miss Isabel's soup and cold fish! Isabel is an excellent cooker. Liv, Franco and Sofia are so friendly and enthusiastic since your arrival, so you can feel as if Yes! Hostel were your home in Lisbon.

• 12th Mar 2011

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Excellent place! I DO recomend it! Excellent place (main downtown street), excellent rooms anf excellent staff. "Petiscos night, I loved it!

• 10th Mar 2011

HI - Lagos Youth Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

I satyed just a night in Lagos Youth Hostel: the place is very nice. I was surprised when I arrived, because I had thought something different. Rooms are clean and comfortable; however, they're a little dark. Full of information about Lagos and near places such as Cabo São Vicente and Sagres.

Grande Hostel de Coimbra

Coimbra, Portugal

The hostel isn't bad at all, but it could be a little more cleaner. Rooms seem dirty when you enter, so do the bathrooms. Th kitchen is nice and it's always clean, I liked that. The staff is very nice; the Italian girl is so kind.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

La MEILLEURE auberge au Portugal!!! Excellent endroit au centre-ville, près de tout, chambres hyper-propres, excellente ambiance! Le dîner à 21h lui donne une atmosphère très agréable et il est possible de faire nouvelles connaissances. Le personnel (Liv, Franco, Sofia et Isabel) savent vraiment faire son métier.

• 27th Feb 2011

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

The best place for the begining of my travel across Portugal. The staff DO help visitors with all the informations and create a nice atmosphere amongst travellers. Felipe himself talk to every visitor. When I arrived, I was a little worried about being in a room for 10 people; however, after a couple of days you can make new friends. The breakfast is almost excellent, because you can take what you want: jam, cheese, bread,... The kitchen is excellent, clean and with everything you can need.

• 23rd Feb 2011

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Une excellente auberge! J'ai bien aimé tout. Le personnel est très sympa et les chambres si propres. Et elle n'est que a quelques minutes à pied du Vieux Port.

• 15th Jan 2011