Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

The chalet we stayed in was lovely, well maintained and the heater was very powerful so we weren't cold. The campsite itself was clean and had good facilities. The pizza and breakfast were good value for money and the shop on site had everything we needed. The bus to Venice was frequent and easy if you bought the tickets before. Loved our stay here and would definitely stay again.

La Dimora Pisa

Pisa, Italy

Lovely hostel in central Pisa. A 15 min walk from the tower but the tourist shops/restaurants are right on your doorstep. The owner was very welcoming but I felt like she was rushing around and didn't really have time to show us around/tell us where to go. The room itself was large, clean with a very comfy bed and a super nice bathroom. Free tea and coffee and a nice outside area were also bonuses. Would definitely stay again.

Emma B&B

Lucca, Italy

First impressions were great- someone picked us up from the train station, cobbled together a map from somewhere and helped us figure out what to do in Lucca. However, after arriving back after a long days sightseeing we found no-one available, no wifi password that was supposed to be left in our room, a soft and creaky bed and no toilet paper - we were not so impressed. Also, directions to the bus stop the following day were incorrect! Is nice enough but I think there are other, central places.

Leonardo House

Florence, Italy

Great hostel in central Florence. Leonardo was very welcoming and friendly and a good host. The room was large and had good facilities. The bathroom was also very clean and spacious. Right in central Florence, close to the train station and all the tourist cites. Tea/coffee machine available. Would definitely stay here again.

Second Home Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!

Hostel Goodnight Grooves

Belgrade, Serbia

I arrived here late at night. The instructions to find the hostel weren't clear, the elevator was out of action and there was a 5 story climb up a dark, unlit, concrete stairwell. Although having booked the hostel had no idea that I was arriving so I had to wait for them to organise a bed for me. The staff were a mixture of being very helpful and being quite frankly rude. The bathroom and kitchen looked fairly clean and there was hot water. I moved hostels, there are better ones in Belgrade.

We are very sorry to hear all of this. This is our first low rate so far, and we will have in mind this comment especialy " frankly rude". Maybe that was a bad day, for us and for you too. Very very sorry! One thing only we can not agree with you, bad rate for the location and we are only 50m from main pedestrian zone. All the rest we hope will never be again. All the best!

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Wonderful hostel. I arrived in a storm and the staff were really happy and welcoming. They have heaps of information on traveling in Sabah and in KK itself and are always on hand to help out. The hostel itself is very clean and has a great atmosphere. The breakfast is good with a vast selection on food and there is free coffee/tea/hot chocolate all day.

Red Inn Cabana

Penang, Malaysia

Nice hostel in a central area of Penang. There is a nice seating area downstairs (with biting ants when I stayed!) and a common room with sofas upstairs. The dorms are nice and have huge security lockers. The reception staff are nice and really polite and helpful. My problem was the food court next door which had loud music playing until late at night- bring ear plugs!

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

Didn't actually stay here in the end so can't really write a fair comment. But I did visit a friend staying there and the hostel looked nice with a pretty decent atmosphere. The dorm rooms appeared fairly small with no external door- just a curtain. Great location though.

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Liked this hostel so much that I stayed here the next couple of times I was in KL. Great location right next to China town. Atmosphere is very chilled out- this is definitely not a party hostel. The dorm rooms are a good size but no lockers and no window makes it quite dark unless you want to turn on the main light and wake everyone up! The bathrooms were clean and the rooftop terrace was nice. Great staff- really friendly and happy to help. Good breakfast and free coffee too.

Great hostel. The owners are a lovely couple, always ready to have a chat and provide ideas on where to go. Mani makes cakes each night so breakfast is a great affair- home made bread/cake with lots of fresh fruit and coffee/tea. The dorm itself was the biggest I have ever seen with good storage lockers. The rooftop terraces are a great place to watch the sun set over Malaka too. Definitely one of my favorite hostels.

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Definitely one of my favorite hostels. Ever. A little tricky to find (but what place in the old town isn't?!) but if you call the staff then they're really quick at coming to find you. Dorms are clean and secure with huge lockers. The hostel has a lot of character and a great atmosphere. Mama and the team are fun and always happy to help out, rent you bikes etc. I loved it so much I kept extending my time in Lijiang.

Nice hostel in a great location and right next to bus station. Bathrooms are clean, hot water seems to be constant, dorm rooms are nice with huge lockers. Communal area is spacious with computers and books and a pretty social atmosphere. The staff are great and always willing to help out. Kangding itself is definitely a 'stop off' town to change buses. There's not much to see in the town.