Reviews: atenasw

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Blue Pepper Chapultepec

Guadalajara, Mexico

two main complaints: - they advertise that there is drinking water. There is not. - the showers are in pretty desperate need of a makeover. One of them does not work. A second one the water sprays everywhere and it doesn't drain very well, so you have to turn the water off every minute or so, or else you will be standing in several inches of water. Also, the showers are VERY dark, there is only one light in the bathroom, and it's far from the showers. I finally had to use my phone light to see

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We have checked the water ad that you are mentioning but we can't find it anywhere we are sorry for the misunderstanding. We have already in our improvement list the mixed showers in the second floor so you can feel more comfortable. We wish you the best and a good continuation of your trip!

Oasis Downtown Vallarta Hostel

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Generally a fine hostel, though expect charges if you will be storing your stuff/going back to the hostel during the day. There is a charge to store baggage, a charge to use the shower (normal), and a general charge to use the "facilities" -- wifi, etc. I carefully made sure we didn't use the "facilities," so Juan did not charge us, but still, I've been to many hostels, and never before had I seen charging to use the wifi on the day of checkout.

Lisetonga Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

One thing that I, along with the five friends who stayed there, was the fact that there often did not seem to be someone at the door, especially at night. Given the fact that Lisetonga is in a favela, even if a "pacified" one, this was still problematic. Also, for the quality of the hostel, the breakfast was rather lacking in comparison to other hostels of a similar price/quality in the rest of Brazil and in Rio (e.g., usually have more fruit options, fresh juice, etc)

HI Manaus

Manaus, Brazil

The hostel was grungy, smelled, did not inspire a sense of well-being, and just generally left something to be desired. One of the bathrooms was out of toilet paper, and the person working the front desk did not know where to find more. On the plus side, in the morning the empregada (lady preparing breakfast) very nicely let us have breakfast early, as we were leaving early for the day.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Hostel Porto Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

Great hostel! Minutes-walk away from the beach, and a quick bus ride to the historic center!

Green House Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

A great place, I would definitely return!

Hostel Porto Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

They charge an outrageous price for a very-average dinner, for the simple reason that they can. There isn't really anywhere else you can stay in Massada, however, so I would recommend you bring some food for dinner, as that is definitely a better option than what they offer!

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem