Reviews: alan_j_watson5902

Location: England, Age: 23

The Gspot Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I have fallen in love with this hostel, they have paid attention to every detail and need of the customer. The staff are great and the atmosphere is second to none, I genuinely plan to return to Lisbon just for the hostel, I couldn't stress enough how good this hostel is, and they deserve the very best for the future.

• 11th Jul 2013

Northfields Hostel

I arrived with the idea of staying a week, i stayed 1 night and decided to spent an extra £30 a night to go somewhere else. Honestly, the staff tried to overcharge be by £40, the radiators were stuck on full and had no way of lowering, people were living in the rooms so there was no space for your own stuff, no showers... just overall DONT STAY HERE, spend more money and stay somewhere else you would deeply regret staying there.

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Very good hostel, I stayed during off season to hard to compare with summer, staff and location were great, decent hostel.

Hong Kong Star Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

cockroaches, smelly water and cramped rooms yet i felt a little in love with this hostel after my stay...the first night i was hesitant but being honest its relatively alright for the price you pay....i wish they could clean the drains as when you use the sinks or toilets it smells....apart from that just keep your expectations relatively low.

Global on the Waterfront

Cairns, Australia

Location couldn't be better right on the seafront as the name suggests. If your looking for fun i would personally recommend Gilligans but Waterfront is comfy and quiet so i recommend this place over Gilligans.

Hi Alan, Thanks for choosing to stay with us here at Global Waterfront. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels. Cheers Global Crew

The hostel was nice but the local area brought it down... the area seemed shifty at least and risky but the hostel felt totally safe though. The staff helped with booking day tours as well so good recommendations for that.

Claremont Guesthouse

Melbourne, Australia

I write this review with great admiration for this hostel i spent only 2 nights there but i truly cant find much to criticise about this hostel...i stayed in 4 hostels whilst visiting the area and none met the benchmark Claremont set...we had a problem the problem was solved....a question it was answered....etc...the fact you receive free breakfast and drinks was fantastic especially when the prices are soo good...the communal bathrooms were cleaner than mine back home fantastically run hostel

• 27th Apr 2011

Urban Central

Melbourne, Australia

The hostel was easy to find and staff seemed very nice and pleasant but i have one large problem....me and my friend booked a 4 bed room and it was just two of us until 1am when drunk guys came in but were soo loud and there was one more than there were beds which meant he used my bag as a pillow and ther'ye alarms went for an hour in the morning but i know its not the hostels fault but it did ruin my experience.

• 25th Apr 2011