Location: USA,

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

My biggest issue with this hostel is the lay out... the common room is across two carded access gates, through a public cafe, and down a flight of stairs (very awkard access to the rooms). The computers did not work, the showers were temperature regulated, and the hostel itself is a bit out of the way. Not recommended.

ZigZag Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

Grant key access cards to all guests vs. requiring to wake up the night clerk everytime one wants to enter.

Alfama Patio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great character, location, and staff. Poor facilities. The only toilet on the first floor is in the lobby making for an awkward situation. Also, the evening meals are too expensive.

X Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

Good location and atmosphere with clean facilities. I used the suana daily. Poor security. I was robbed in the lounge, and even though the shift staff was very helpful, I was entirely stonewalled by management who refused to review the security tapes (if they were even on).

We're sorry you got robbed, at the most unfortunate of circumstances. We have cameras, but they were down due to the recent renovation. Bucharest is a safe city, but opportunist thieves are still a big problem. We do not wish it on anyone.

Lette`m Sleep Hostel